forum

[Archived] Sometimes tablet cursor freezes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rilium
Problem Details: Just, since like 1 mounth happens that sometimes when i'm playing (maybe only dragging but i'm not really sure) the cursor freezes for like 3-4 seconds. It happens like 10 times in a week or so, at least for now and the fact is that is really frustrating overall when i'm trying to FC something hard.
Want just to know if that happend to someone else and if possible to fix. I alredy tried other tablet drivers.
Tablet: Intuos CTH-480

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160504.1 (latest)
Lacrimosa
I had the same problem in the past with the same tablet. However, I'm not sure if it's tablet's side issue or osu!'s. But it seems that it has fixed itself, since I haven't experienced it in months now. By the way, what release stream are you using?
Topic Starter
Rilium
If you mean tablet driver, i'm using 6.3.11-4a since it's the most comfortable for me, in terms of stability of the cursor.
Do you may changed drivers and didn't have the problem anymore?
Lacrimosa
No, I didn't change my drivers which happen to be the same as yours. "Could this be the issue?" I doubt it... I'm actually starting to think that this could be an osu!'s side issue. Also what I meant is what's your osu! version (e.g. Stable(fallback/latest), Cutting Edge, Beta)
Topic Starter
Rilium
oh ye its the latest and stable (latest)
edit: how could be an osu issue if happens to just tablet cursor? i'm just wondering.. i cant really understand why it happens, 0 ideas
Lacrimosa

Rilium wrote:

oh ye its the latest and stable (latest)
edit: how could be an osu issue if happens to just tablet cursor? i'm just wondering.. i cant really understand why it happens, 0 ideas
Well, I remember that every time I would encounter this bug I would instantly drop my pen and try to move the cursor with my mouse, which didn't help as the ingame cursor was still frozen/stuck. But you could try updating your drivers to latest release. If this issue keeps occurring, then it means that the problem isn't your tablet/drivers.
Topic Starter
Rilium
I actually dont want to update my drivers (i downgraded them because this version is more comfortable to me since the cursor is more stable) but it doesnt count since it happened few times with latest drivers 2 mounths ago before downgrading from the latest version. Strange that could be osu but if you say so, it may be. Somehow
Lacrimosa
So, in case it's an osu!'s side issue, unfortunately, I can't really help.
Topic Starter
Rilium
Thanks for trying, still