forum

General Basketball Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rurree
Not much in osu has an interest in sports but I'm still going to try my luck and create a basketball thread. All leagues are allowed! From the NBA to the Euroleague. As much as possible, please refrain from going off-topic.

West Conference Finals Game 1 between the Thunder and the Warriors ended in a 108-103 win for OKC! Being an OKC fan, I'm pleased to see us win 3 straight road games against both SA and GSW. KD was shooting bricks, but good thing Russ was there to save the night. Those complaining about the refs deserved it after all those illegal screens, lol.
Topic Starter
Rurree
No one really gives a damn about sports here, huh ;~;

So the Cavs obliterated the Raps 115 to 84. No surprise really, Raps were obviously tired as fuck, with those two straight seven-game series. They were shooting bricks here and there, and they even missed a dunk. I predict a sweep, the Cavs have it easy, really. Thunder vs Warriors might be more entertaining when you think about it, it's a preview of the NBA finals already. :p

The draft lottery ended up with Philly taking 1st pick, looks like Ben Simmons' fate is sealed LMAO
piruchan
Haven't been following NBA as much as I used to. With Spurs out I just don't want Curry and LeBron to win another championship.

Also there was a basketball thread some time ago, but I think it died before reaching page 3.
Topic Starter
Rurree

piruchan wrote:

Haven't been following NBA as much as I used to. With Spurs out I just don't want Curry and LeBron to win another championship.

Also there was a basketball thread some time ago, but I think it died before reaching page 3.
Really? You guys are no fun. :(

So does that mean you're tipping the Thunder to win? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MelodyAlexander
The only two NBA stars i really know of are Javale McGee and Brian Scalabrine and that's just due to how legendary their bad moments are. I've watched a few golden state games and a few Cleveland games (since im from Ohio) but i never really got too deep into basketball. I've always wanted to get into watching it though seems like a fun hobby.
piruchan

Rurree wrote:

What did you expect from a forum of a game filled with weebs?

The Raptors is also fine, as long as it's not GSW or the Cavs. The finals I want is OKC vs the Raptors.
Topic Starter
Rurree

piruchan wrote:

Rurree wrote:

What did you expect from a forum of a game filled with weebs?

The Raptors is also fine, as long as it's not GSW or the Cavs. The finals I want is OKC vs the Raptors.
MyAnimeList is filled with weebs, yet they have a football and basketball thread, and it's really active. ;w;

Well, realistically, the Raptors have little to no chance against the Cavs. Cavs sweeped through Detroit and Atlanta, while the Raps had to deal with two straight seven-game series against the Hornets and the Heat. They're obviously tired, so an OKC vs Cavs final is more likely, if things were to go my way. :p
Kyozoru
I'm an nba fan, spurs (eliminated) ;_;
Topic Starter
Rurree

Kyozoru wrote:

I'm an nba fan, spurs (eliminated) ;_;
Well.. 8-)

Well, the Raps got their asses handed to them again as expected. Tyronn Lue now holds the record as the first rookie playoff coach to go on 10-straight wins, not really that much of an achievement though because his team is beastly, lol.
Topic Starter
Rurree
LeBron was.. well.. being LeBron on game 3 lol. Flops here and there, unsightly.

Thunder vs Warriors right now, come on OKC!

That Serge Ibaka dunk though! Thunder UP 21-13!
Topic Starter
Rurree
WARRIORS GOT BODIED LMAO
A Medic
Them warriors tho --> "MVP"
Topic Starter
Rurree

A Medic wrote:

Them warriors tho --> "MVP"
You mean Draymond Green? He was funny in Game 3 lmao.
Topic Starter
Rurree
I feel like the Raps can take this series, the momentum is with them, just need to stay consistent.
Topic Starter
Rurree
We'll win this series, there's just no doubt about it. THUNDER UP.
Topic Starter
Rurree
Game 5 hype, let's end this!

Still hoping someone here in osu is hyped about the NBA Playoffs too. Lol
Meah
Splash brothers went splash,
Tied 3-3
Game 7 @ Oracle Arena :D
Shiirn
i was wondering why my house was shaking and there was a bunhc of yelling

then i remembered the warriors were playing
Topic Starter
Rurree
Man, that was the worst game ever.

How the Thunder lost was so embarrassing.

Time for them to owe up to their mistakes and try to win Game 7.
Meah
Westbrook with the clutch turnovers, Feels good man ! :D
Luqanted
lmao. no wonder my grandfather and father wants to steal the remote from my mom last night xD
Topic Starter
Rurree
That choke man. ;w;
Meah
A moment of silence to all of the GSW haters who thought they're not gonna make it to the Finals.
Luqanted

Meah wrote:

A moment of silence to all of the GSW haters who thought they're not gonna make it to the Finals.
OKC = 8-)
Topic Starter
Rurree
Tbf I only hate the cocky bandwagoners, GSW have the most annoying ones.
Meah

Rurree wrote:

Tbf I only hate the cocky bandwagoners, GSW have the most annoying ones.
GSW bandwagoners is as worst as LeBron's bandwagons actually. :P
Topic Starter
Rurree
I agree

I've been a Thunder fan since '06 so the bandwagons should just fuck off lol
Meah
Sad Lakers *cough* *cough* :c
Jordan
I used to like basketball then I realized I'd stay a manlet
Topic Starter
Rurree
It's never too late.

Basketball can still welcome you with open arms.
Meah
WCF > The Finals.
Topic Starter
Rurree
CAVS GOT BODIED LMFAO
show more