forum

osu! Global Championships 1v1 Tournament

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

tfg50 wrote:

This is still going on lol, I'm impressed. Too bad that I forgot my turn to play due to the weird scheduling. Props to the organizer, most would have bailed out.
I find hosting tournaments really fun and sometimes challenging. Bailing out is for the weak. ;)
Robbiegg
I would like to join if possibly please :)
Novalogic
What time zone are you using when scheduling matches? I can't find that information anywhere, and it is already 12 mins after my scheduled match according to my local time - no opponent online, no inv from referee, nothing. You might want to specify that a little more since i doubt anyone will be patient enough to wait whole day in front of pc.
Bubbleman
So uhh where was my referee, or any of the staff for that matter? That was simply disappointing.

I'm pulling out from this tournament, enjoy the show guys.
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

Novalogic wrote:

What time zone are you using when scheduling matches? I can't find that information anywhere, and it is already 12 mins after my scheduled match according to my local time - no opponent online, no inv from referee, nothing. You might want to specify that a little more since i doubt anyone will be patient enough to wait whole day in front of pc.
Sorry for not being clear but on the schedule it does say that all times are in UTC+0.

Bubbleman wrote:

So uhh where was my referee, or any of the staff for that matter? That was simply disappointing.

I'm pulling out from this tournament, enjoy the show guys.
We're terribly sorry, we don't have many referee's from Europe so when neither of them are available it gets really frustrating for everyone including me. The best thing we can do with the lack of referees is to get people to play their matches without a referee, the rules are pretty straight forward and when you're done you can send Dionysaw or I a forum pm saying who won and linking the match MP.
Totoki
just realised the main bracket starts in June, I go overseas end of June so I'll have to retire xd
MayoFN
I would like to join please :D how would I?
imagaK
Bancho down all evening, no refs on now.. What's happening?
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
PSA: Due to the extreme lack of staff available to referee any European matches, it has been decided that there will be no scheduled matches for this next weekend (May 6/7/8). This time will be dedicated to catching up on all the missed matches.

In other news, prizes are now confirmed! They are as follows:
1st place: 12 months supporter
2nd place: 6 months supporter
3rd place: 3 months supporter
Sumo de Laranja
I think, I can play all the weekends.

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

PSA: Due to the extreme lack of staff available to referee any European matches, it has been decided that there will be no scheduled matches for this next weekend (May 6/7/8). This time will be dedicated to catching up on all the missed matches.

friizd

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

Will the matches that u cant do this weekend be scheduled for next week or will they be at anytime?
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

friizd wrote:

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

Will the matches that u cant do this weekend be scheduled for next week or will they be at anytime?
They'll be at the most convenient time for both players.
hallowatcher
What happened to the tournament? The schedule and brackets haven't been updated in years
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

[HALLO] wrote:

What happened to the tournament? The schedule and brackets haven't been updated in years
At the moment we're going through a tough time because understaffing issues but we've caught up on the matches and a new schedule will be out tomorrow as well as updated brackets.
KafuuChinoDesu
I would like to participate :3
ianpep
i would like to play
Athrun

-IaNPeP- wrote:

i would like to play
Read the first few posts before replying!
aceony007
HUEHUEHUE...HUE...HUE I want in depending on when it starts. ;-;
Athrun

aceony007 wrote:

HUEHUEHUE...HUE...HUE I want in depending on when it starts. ;-;
It already started.
hallowatcher
are you guys bots or do you just post blindly :lol:
Rad
no referee for my match ?
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

Rad wrote:

no referee for my match ?
Please refer to the message in your inbox titled "osu! Global Championships Week 9" where it states:

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

If there is no referee online at the time of your match, please self referee it and send the match MP as well writing the winner and the score to EmeraldStar82 a forum PM. The rules are no bans, best of 7 (first to 4).
Rad
it was just to know because it's better with a referee
but somebody told me that nobody cares about this tournament, never mind

bye
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

Rad wrote:

it was just to know because it's better with a referee
but somebody told me that nobody cares about this tournament, never mind

bye
It is better with a referee but there were few Europeans who were willing to referee for this tournament.
Vio
Elimination brackets mappool when?
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
Hello everyone, I have now released the map pool for the finals stage of the tournament! The bracket and schedule will be out as soon as the rest of the qualifying games finish up which means the first round of finals will take place next weekend starting on Friday the 17th June.
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
The finals round 2 map pool is now out, the schedule will come out tomorrow.
Please note that only the players who won their match in week 2 will be using this map pool.
The players in the losers bracket will use the week 1 map pool.

And just a reminder that the bracket can be found here.
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
The map pool for finals week 3 are out. I will be releasing the schedule tomorrow (sorry it's late, again).

The players in the winners bracket will be using this new map pool (map pool 3).
And the remaining players in the lower bracket will be using map pool 2.
_YuriNee
LoLoLOooOloL
_YuriNee
mAYb we need some long maps in pools xd
_YuriNee
i have not match today?
i didnt get inv all day
_YuriNee
wp Firstus