Bands/artists you can't bring yourself to appreciate

posted
Total Posts
show more
Navizel
osu beatmaps

Meghan Trainor, most boy bands, Hopsin, most trap artists
Skoshea
AC/DC, Rush, most of Pink Floyd's discography.
Yes! and King Crimson are the far better options in my opinion.

Also, almost every BTBAM and Tesseract budget-space-band being churned out these days.

Also Nicki Minaj, that fucking blight.
Topic Starter
Rurree

Skoshea wrote:

AC/DC, Rush, most of Pink Floyd's discography.
Yes! and King Crimson are the far better options in my opinion.

Also, almost every BTBAM and Tesseract budget-space-band being churned out these days.

While Yes' albums were brilliant back in the 70s, their recent albums are just terrible at best, I think they're killing their own legacy already. I do agree that King Crimson is better though, by a tiny margin. Wish You Were Here and Animals are in my top 20 albums so I tend to be biased. :p
Skoshea

Rurree wrote:

their recent albums are just terrible at best, I think they're killing their own legacy already. I do agree that King Crimson is better though, by a tiny margin. Wish You Were Here and Animals are in my top 20 albums so I tend to be biased. :p
..Aye, I'd be inclined to agree, heh.

Oho, I'm happy to hear it. ;p
On that note, Animals is one of the few albums I do enjoy, and I enjoy it quite a bit. I understand the love for Floyd, I just can't say I fall in that boat for everything.
Navizel

Skoshea wrote:

I think the only time I enjoyed Nicki was her part on Monster. she killed it
Topic Starter
Rurree

Navizel wrote:

Skoshea wrote:

I think the only time I enjoyed Nicki was her part on Monster. she killed it
Damn right, also her intro to Dark Fantasy. It's great.
Foxtrot
grateful dead can choke on a bag of dicks for all i care, their music is shit
Topic Starter
Rurree

Dulcet wrote:

You didn't like Workingman's Dead nor American Beauty?
Galkan
I believe we've already got a thread for this haven't we? I don't see any need for a duplicate, so please continue in the thread linked.

Dulcet wrote:

I'd like to remind you that you're not in Off-Topic. Keep such vocab to yourself next time.
Topic Starter
Rurree
I'd like to clarify the difference between that thread and this. This is meant to be more towards the artists themselves as in the thread you mentioned, people only talked about the genre they dislike. I made this with the intention of it being more detailed and specific.

You can lock this thread if you feel it's necessary though. :)
Galkan

Rurree wrote:

I'd like to clarify the difference between that thread and this. This is meant to be more towards the artists themselves as in the thread you mentioned, people only talked about the genre they dislike. I made this with the intention of it being more detailed and specific.
Alright, it seems I've misinterpreted this thread and the intention behind it to some degree when I read it for the first time. Thanks for the explanation, and sorry for the confusion. I'll try to not be asleep read posts more carefully next time.

Still, everyone, I'd like to see the discussion kept civil. No foul language, please.
Chaosemerald
I don't really like Nickelback, 5 Seconds of Summer, Lana Del Rey and Miley Cyrus =(
Razzy
For some reason, I just never really got into the Rolling Stones or Bruce Springsteen, save for a few of their hits. I can't really listen through the deep cuts from Iron Maiden or early Rush albums either.
ciara_old_1
surprised no one mentioned one direction.
there was so much hype about them and they had hella fangirls (before zayn left) but during that time their songs never caught my attention. however, they are good looking people but i still can't bring myself to appreciate them.
Stefan

Nesoi wrote:

surprised no one mentioned one direction.
there was so much hype about them and they had hella fangirls (before zayn left) but during that time their songs never caught my attention. however, they are good looking people but i still can't bring myself to appreciate them.
Best Song Ever is catchy tbh but like said I can't really appreciate them. I guess the song is just a lucky catch.
chaee
teeny bopper bands like one direction and 5S0S they're all shit
Navizel
twenty one pilots is fucking trash

I regret trying to listen to them. blurryface is cringe
Topic Starter
Rurree

Navizel wrote:

I regret trying to listen to them
Their first album was good, imo.

Vessel had some great songs but overall, it was overproduced and it lacked bass.

Blurryface was just them selling out.. Mad props to the songs Tear In My Heart and Goner though.
idc_old_1
the beatles lmfao i've been exposed
Topic Starter
Rurree

xoxo wrote:

the beatles lmfao i've been exposed
can you write a paragraph about why
Navizel
>the fact that
Foxtrot

Navizel wrote:

thank God, I thought I was the only one who hated them
Topic Starter
Rurree

VHS wrote:

Navizel wrote:

What I hate about them is their fanbase and how they try hard to "not be mainstream". They're not some small-time underground band from Ohio anymore.
Birdy

VHS wrote:

Navizel wrote:

Same. Mostly because easily over a half of my friends are huge fans of them.

on an unrelated note, nice new username.
Topic Starter
Rurree
I like their first album so much that I'd definitely recommend them and can't really hate on them completely.
But their album and their fanbase makes me cringe so much that I'm very much close to quit hoping that they make an album that truly show their potential.
HootOwlStar
twenty one pilots is actually my current favorite lolz but the phenomena is actually true so couldn't defy much

anyway regarding to the topic I just can't appreciate most pop artists though. like some of their music might be good, but they are too overhyped, and the music is always on repetition in the media.
Navizel

HootOwlStar wrote:

they are too overhyped
I think you're describing twenty one pilots here

HootOwlStar wrote:

anyway regarding to the topic I just can't appreciate most pop artists though. like some of their music might be good, but they are too overhyped, and the music is always on repetition in the media.
Everything Everything - Get to Heaven
St. Vincent - Marry Me
Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion
Doopees - Doopee Time
Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid
Tokyo Jihen - Sports
FKA Twigs - M3LL155X
Tame Impala - Currents
Clarence Clarity - No Now
Sia - 1000 Forms of Fear (sadly, her new one is terrible)
Topic Starter
Rurree
Emotion is lit fam
HootOwlStar
@Rurree I guess he's listing out the good ones.

btw @Navizel sadly radio stations just play 2 out of 10 albums you listed out zxzxzxzxz and I said mostly, not all
Topic Starter
Rurree
Yeah, I knew that.
Navizel

HootOwlStar wrote:

@Rurree I guess he's listing out the good ones.

btw @Navizel sadly radio stations just play 2 out of 10 albums you listed out zxzxzxzxz and I said mostly, not all
don't you have youtube or spotify at least
Topic Starter
Rurree
I really loved Froot and Emotion. Can't go wrong with those albums to be honest, they're the best pop albums I've listened to that are considered "recent".

My favorite of all time has to be Purple Rain, but other people consider The Beatles as pop so if that's the case, I'll go with Revolver.
Meah
Lady GaGa
Navizel

Rurree wrote:

I really loved Froot and Emotion. Can't go wrong with those albums to be honest, they're the best pop albums I've listened to that are considered "recent".

My favorite of all time has to be Purple Rain, but other people consider The Beatles as pop so if that's the case, I'll go with Revolver.
Emotion was my jam for a week. It's great stuff.
HootOwlStar

Navizel wrote:

i didnt browse much alright. i've always been wondering all the time about how you guys know such wide range of music
Navizel

HootOwlStar wrote:

Navizel wrote:

i didnt browse much alright. i've always been wondering all the time about how you guys know such wide range of music
rateyourmusic, lastfm, youtube recommendations, spotify, friend recs etc
HootOwlStar

Navizel wrote:

rateyourmusic, lastfm, youtube recommendations, spotify, friend recs etc
friend reqs is ald impossible for me. imagine being in a community where no one knows what bands Green Day and Muse are. anyway I should browse more then
mlodyrosiu
Wiz Khalifa, Rae Sremmurd, Eminem & Lil Wayne
Topic Starter
Rurree

YouKnowThat wrote:

Wiz Khalifa, Rae Sremmurd, Eminem & Lil Wayne
Rae Sremmurd is straight up trash, I don't know how they generated all that hype around them.

Eminem is the only decent one among the rappers you mentioned, The Slim Shady LP and The Marshall Mathers LP are lit.
Adorn
sad bec going to see 21p in March right before my birthday @2nd page
let's seeeeeeeee

I'm pretty much a big fan of just about everything but I can't stand stuff like Sleeping with Sirens/Pierce the Veil, etc. anymore. There are certain bands that could be compared to them that I enjoy some of their songs (Dance Gavin Dance, a little bit of Beartooth and The Amity Affliction bec lyrics af) but still.. meh..
show more