forum

Am I considered OK at osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rurree
In CTB, high acc and less misses are more important than high combo if you're looking for pp, I think that also applies to Standard.
Sayorie
Well people from G&R keep saying that FC really matters. And afaik, FC does matter, because I already lost a handful of pp because of overwriting an FC with a higher acc score with misses.
Yuudachi-kun

Rurree wrote:

In CTB, high acc and less misses are more important than high combo if you're looking for pp, I think that also applies to Standard.
In ctb acc soesnt really matter and is just a joke; it's more of a combo game than std
Cipse

Rurree wrote:

I haven't tested it in !standard, but in Taiko, pp is given based on accuracy, regardless of score. I tested this out on some maps and found that I would lose pp for any new high score that had a lower accuracy than the previous.

SPOILER
This sometimes makes hitting a big don/katsu with a single key annoying
Rurree

Khelly wrote:

Rurree wrote:

In ctb acc soesnt really matter and is just a joke; it's more of a combo game than std
With score, yes, but acc does matter if you're looking for pp. I have a friend who got 1 miss with like 99.6% on a Rain diff and got 142 pp, I fc'd it but with 98%, got 137 pp.
Xyrus_old_1

Arthraxium wrote:

Trying to pass a significantly difficult map might not produce any pp, but it might, in some extent, push your skill limit higher. You won't improve if you don't test your limits, IMO.
Depends. If you can't read a map, grinding it won't teach you read it, it will only help you memorize it. Grinding a stream map where you run out of stamina half way will increase your stamina though.
dem0nwing

Khelly wrote:

dem0nwing wrote:

It doesn't matter what your accuracy is, if somebody is consistently passing content that you can't pass at all, then you are worse. It doesn't matter how many low-level songs you can grind to SS.
Someone who can pass 7 star maps but not fc them is shittier than someone who can fc 6 stars and not pass 7. Passing is easy and generally means jack shit.

See: All those people who can pass airman and actually think they're good because they can 79% C it.
I didn't know what song you were talking about so I played it. . . and that song is legit broken. The healthbar leniancy is wayyyyyy too low. I can't pass any 7 star songs and I can pass that because the health bar is like a 2 star song on easy mode. I couldn't fail even if I tried because 1 note gives you back like your entire health bar. Bringing up the biggest outlier in the entire game is meaningless.

In songs with balanced healthbars (see 99% of them), pass/fail is the best indication of skill. You can grind a song until you get good acc and combo, it just happens through repetition. If you can't even pass a song, however, it doesn't matter how much you grind until you actually get good enough to start beating it. In a multiplay situation, when paired up with random unknown songs, the person who can pass the higher songs will win every time.

Anecdotal: I have a friend with higher accuracy and PP than me, yet I have a 90% win rate in multiple (any song, even the ones he chooses). He can't pass the songs I can pass, but he grinds more on individual maps and always exits out of a song if he's about to finish with less than like 97% accuracy. Remember, leaderboards are mostly single player, so you can grind your songs as much as you want and eventually you'll get them down as long as you can pass them.

Obviously, if you're at the level where everyone can pass every song, consistency and accuracy begin to come into play. The fraction of the playerbase that can pass practically any map in the game, however, is super small and, like the top 1% of most games, has to be looked at differently.
Rhonin
Considering your playtime, I think you're barely OK op, no need to feel insecure.
ithgyu
ofc youre not even ok at osu, you have barely scratched the surface. Get 4 digits to be ok at osu
Rilene

II Jelli II wrote:

ofc youre not even ok at osu, you have barely scratched the surface. Get 4 digits to be ok at osu
sounds easy to do
N0thingSpecial

Cookiezi wrote:

ofc youre not even ok at osu, you have barely scratched the surface. Get 2 digits to be ok at osu
Xyrus_old_1

Rafis wrote:

ofc youre not even ok at osu, you have barely scratched the surface. Become #1 to be ok at osu
Minhtam
75% is terrible. 87% is terrible. Heck, even 98% is terrible.

99% or better is considered to be good. #LearnToSS
I Give Up
play more
Rilene

Minhtam wrote:

im terrible then
KupcaH

dem0nwing wrote:

I can't pass any 7 star songs and I can pass that
Can I have replay? Pls.
Yuudachi-kun

Minhtam wrote:

Tfw mintham will never even have my beautiful 90% fcs in mytop plays #learntostreamfaster
dem0nwing

KupcaH wrote:

dem0nwing wrote:

I can't pass any 7 star songs and I can pass that
Can I have replay? Pls.
Not sure why you want a replay, but while I'm here I'll upload a few (for whatever reason you're asking)

First playthrough of the song:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B48wc ... DNMOE5LbGs

In fact, this song is so leniant, you can legit stop playing intermitently and miss like 10 notes in a row, then pick right back up no problem. . .

Like this playthrough I did for lols (second playthrough of the song, intentionally did 3-5 second AFKs throughout):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B48wc ... 3poZTdNREE

Bonus replay on Hidden (Not gonna lie, I failed the first time because I got offbeat. This is the second try, making this my 4th actual playthrough of the song):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B48wc ... jU3SHJrQ2M

Did you think I was lying or something?
Minhtam

Khelly wrote:

Minhtam wrote:

Tfw mintham will never even have my beautiful 90% fcs in mytop plays #learntostreamfaster
This is true. I rage at getting 99.66% FCs. The thought of a 90% FC is like the thought of playing Neverending Nightmares. I would never.
StephOsu
no you suck everyone in here sucks
Hibiya-chan

StephOsu wrote:

Except Cookiezi, hvick225, and Rafis lmao xD
StephOsu

_StormEx_ wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

Except Cookiezi, hvick225, and Rafis lmao xD
so basically everyone in this thread sucks
rekhichem
play time :28 hours ,
play more and have fun while playing that's all
Endaris

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

Depends. If you can't read a map, grinding it won't teach you read it, it will only help you memorize it. Grinding a stream map where you run out of stamina half way will increase your stamina though.
Memorizing a pattern isn't inherently different from learning to read it.
Xyrus_old_1

Endaris wrote:

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

Memorizing a pattern isn't inherently different from learning to read it.
96-98% in 5 plays...I stand corrected :o

salsa
The guy was asking if he was ok, not asking you people to roast him lmao
Zalaria

salsa wrote:

The guy was asking if he was ok, not asking you people to roast him lmao
I agree. This is the question I'd like to ask myself even though in the back of my mind I'm constantly saying that I'm shit when I'm prolly decent.
Floob
idk man, coming here and posting a thread asking everyone to judge your skill sounds like a pretty good way to get trashed on to me
SkullFull

Floob wrote:

idk man, coming here and posting a thread asking everyone to judge your skill sounds like a pretty good way to get trashed on to me
semaphore
idk why we're still posting, OP got his answers :lol:

Floob wrote:

Endie-
everybody is shit end of story
FrzR
yes