forum

Eurovision 2016

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zain Sugieres
What do you guys think of this year's Eurovision?
Tae
Why was Poland so popular with the public? ._.
Topic Starter
Zain Sugieres
In UK and Ireland probably because there are lots of polish immigrants.
Tae

Zain Sugieres wrote:

In UK and Ireland probably because there are lots of polish immigrants.
True, true. At least my home country had the most popular song. :)
Hika
UK was very good this year. I'm really surprised they got far. Or at least, I paid attention to it.
Oh my goodness I just wish Poland was up there; I really liked him
Tae

Hika wrote:

I just wish Poland was up there; I really liked him
But... why.
Topic Starter
Zain Sugieres
Because he looks like Jesus
Hika

Zain Sugieres wrote:

I love you
He summed it up for me

But seriously I just really thought his song was catchy.
I still put Italy as my #1 <3
Tae

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Well then, I can't argue against that.

Hika wrote:

But seriously I just really thought his song was catchy.
I still put Italy as my #1 <3
Oki, I see :3
Aomi
dami was robbed wtf ukraine sucked
poland shouldve been higher up the list, that guy is an angel
serbia was pretty good, i really liked croatia even though she had bronchitis she sang pretty well; such a unique voice she has, love it.
Hika
Serbia was actually pretty good; a step up from fucking last year or was it the year before with the three stupid girls
Tae

Aomi wrote:

i really liked croatia even though she had bronchitis she sang pretty well
Oh wow, I didn't know that.
Aomi

Almaz wrote:

Aomi wrote:

i really liked croatia even though she had bronchitis she sang pretty well
Oh wow, I didn't know that.
yeah she did well with hiding it :p

also so many countries were robbed like wtf is this voting system even jfc
Topic Starter
Zain Sugieres
I can't believe so many people voted for Ukraine tbh. The votings were rigged
Hika
Like I said, voting isn't gonna change.
For example, Italy was robbed last year by Sweden. Still gonna hold that grudge :/
Clearly, Australia looked like the clear winner to me even though she wasn't my favorite, she stayed true to her voice and everything
FuZ

Zain Sugieres wrote:

I can't believe so many people voted for Ukraine tbh. The votings were rigged
yeah both ukraine and australia were shit and boring/unoriginal i don't even know how they got so much points
Hika
ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN UKRAINE AND AUSTRALIA AT THIS POINT BOIZ
Aomi
its weird how croatia gave us like 12 points and we gave them 4-5 smh ungrateful little shits
also how the fuck did she place 23rd, seriously.
fuck this voting ._.
FuZ
the best part was the autistic guy doing random things on stage during malta's performance

fucking beyblade at 2:19
Aomi
tl;dr eurovision 2016 was shit
Rurree
Politicvision xddd
jk

I rooted for Bulgaria, 4th is enough I guess.
Topic Starter
Zain Sugieres
Politicvision is a good statement tho
MoE-Ayase
We got the last place like last year ;-;

At least we got more points than last year...

I don't know why no one voted for Jamie Lee, I think she did such a great performance and I really like the song.
Anyway I voted for Sweden and Georgia and I think Sweden got a good placement but Georgias could be better, but everyone has a different music taste :p
Yuzeyun
We finished 6th. I call that the badassest of the comebacks considering how we performed the 2 previous years.
meii18
I didn't watch this because I use to see it at television but Romania didn't participate which made me sad :( .Oh well, but congratz to Ukraine for winning the contest
Bara-
Uhh, Ukraine... Why?
Russia/Bulgaria/Australia/Cyprus/Hungary were all much better
I really hoped Russia would win, but no...
Ukraine doesn't even have a catchy uptempo song, just a dark atmosphere

Tbh, I really found Germany's entry cute ^_^ With the haunted woods. They really should've been a bit higher
Galkan
I haven't watched the show, only heard that Poland and Germany were at the bottom of the ranking. While I won't say much about the contest and the performances themselves, everyone please refrain from derogatory and off-topic posts otherwise this thread will be closed.
Bara-
Poland at the bottom?
They were one of the televoting favorites (#4)
I have to admit, I found that really awesome, that they got so far!
Hika
Poland was so good ))):
Honestly I can't express that enough why the hell they didn't get higher in the rankings
I'm still gonna be mad about Italy :||||||
Topic Starter
Zain Sugieres
Poland recently gets low votes from the eurovision fags but gets a lot of them from viewers. it was the same when Wurst won
Hika
Oh my goodness that year was absolutely retarded
I have no idea how she one but well crap she did

Was a good song but did you see those other entries dude :u
Bara-
Netherlands got 2nd then
If Conchita didn't participate we'd win
Hika
Why is this even a Eurovision 16 thread.
Why not just bring up that Anouk from 2013 was awesome and was meant to win Eurovision

Oh yeah, wow I'm just surprised Australia landed second place their first try in Eurovision ever lol
Sanxu_old
The only songs I can actually somewhat remember were Cyprus, Georgia and Netherlands. Everything else was just terribly forgetable, generic pop ballads.

I don't take Eurovision seriously since I think it's a massive joke that puts music last behind political and social agendas along with visual performances, so I found it quite humorous how the winner was a Burial ripoff (and I mean such a ripoff that I practically consider UK to be the winner this year) with politically laoded lyrics that read like they're written by an 8 year old.

I mean I'm not saying that the subject matter wasn't serious, but it was just so awkward, tactless and out of place it was painful to watch.

Almaz wrote:

Why was Poland so popular with the public? ._.
Polish diaspora pretty much.
_DT3

Hika wrote:

Why is this even a Eurovision 16 thread.
Why not just bring up that Anouk from 2013 was awesome and was meant to win Eurovision

Oh yeah, wow I'm just surprised Australia landed second place their first try in Eurovision ever lol
Oh Australia I think already participated once before already, I am sad that they got beaten by Ukraine in the last minute :(
Bara-
It's been great if they had won
Mostly since that would give problems on where the contest needs to be held next year, since they will participate in asian song contest, held at sydney for the 1st time
JBHyperion

Hika wrote:

Public Service Announcement that Anouk is always awesome

Haven't watched EV in a few years but judging by the results it does somehow seem even more politically biased than it has been in previous years, which is a real shame.
Bara-
It was
And it has never changed
All Baltic countries vote for each other, The western countries vote fore eachother etc.
They just need to not display the country, so people don't know who is who
Hika
I was assuming they didn't let Australia win for stupid reasons such as location as mentioned before
:I

Tfw Austria had a better French song than France imo
Sanxu_old

Hika wrote:

I was assuming they didn't let Australia win for stupid reasons such as location as mentioned before
:I

Tfw Austria had a better French song than France imo
If australia had won then it would have just been hosted in the runner up country in collaboration with Australia.
show more