forum

[Osu!] Make Auto pilot movements more natural

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +48
show more
Stefan
I think the Autopilot feels extremly weird and also looks bad in comparison to Auto. The Jumps Auto is doing are way smoother, unlike Autopilot. And it's not that enjoyable to play - I often try to play but getting annoying because the jump transition is bad.
Oinari-sama

Stefan wrote:

I think the Autopilot feels extremly weird and also looks bad in comparison to Auto. The Jumps Auto is doing are way smoother, unlike Autopilot. And it's not that enjoyable to play - I often try to play but getting annoying because the jump transition is bad.
I think (without evidence) that Autopilot feels weird because it has to get to the next circle early and leave late unless a hit is registered, ie it has stay at the circle during that window created by the OD. The cursor in Auto on the other hand only needs to be on top of the circle at offset=0 regardless of OD.
Topic Starter
Ntasuto
The problem is that Auto is just something you just watch. so you have no idea how it "feels" playing the way it does, however Autopilot requires you to tap and you can "feel" that the movements are weird and awkward :/
Topic Starter
Ntasuto
Hi.

I would like to add a video that compares auto and autopilot side by side as a "proof" that auto is way better.
Please check it out
- Marco -
please make your video available for this forum (play this in osu!website and it says that you have to watch this on youtube website)
Topic Starter
Ntasuto
oops.. ok done :3
quaternary
Honestly I think Autopilot should just look like Autoplay.
"But tudd, what if you hit the note early and the cursor's not on it?"
Autopilot shouldn't care about the cursor position at all, as if any click counts as a hit.
Aka
bumping. a few hours ago i broke my pen and played a few maps with autopilot. this is totally uncomfortable when you don't see the cursor in a right position, it got stucking on a note you just clicked and moving to the next one just SUDDENLY as hell. reading a map by approaches becomes even harder, try some hard maps with tablet/mouse and then with autopilot, it is kinda ridiculously mistiming
auto mod feeling much smoother and softer, it would make sence if auto pilot was same as auto but not clicking circles, why not

.__________________________. invalid fuu
Primula_old
It's impossible for me to play using autopilot because I find myself tapping while the cursor moves to the next note even though I tap on beat. >w<
..this may just be an issue with fps though T^T
Stefan

Primula wrote:

I feel it's the opposite for me.. the autopilot cursor is too slow.
It's impossible for me to play using autopilot because I find myself tapping before the cursor gets to the note even though I tap on beat. >w<
..this may just be an issue with fps though T^T

Maybe just make the speed at which it travels to notes customizable?
somehow I think this is how I also feel like that. would need to try it again.
Primula_old

Stefan wrote:

somehow I think this is how I also feel like that. would need to try it again.
I just edited my post as I just tried autopilot again and it's actually faster than my tapping ratherthan slower >w<!!

Autopilot should allow you to tap at any time between the range of which will get you a 50x and hit the note, but currently it moves away too fast which requires you to tap near-perfectly on time.
Redon
Kuronosu
I don't think it's a duplicate and Auto Pilot surely feels weird to play... I support the idea.
XToasTierTrouTX
welp i have the same problem but it does it on AUTO and AUTOPILOT too its really annoying because i spent an hour trying to fix the settings plz halp ;-;
-Zayto
dancing pippi is the best imo
Seijiro
Dancing pippi is an April fools joke, there si nothing to be fixed here
Xeo

MrSergio wrote:

Dancing pippi is an April fools joke, there is* nothing to be fixed here
Couldn't they have made a better dancing Pippi? This year's April Fool's was wasted. Honestly, I wouldn't mind giving my unborn child again for osu!coins. :I
Princess Jish
Auto-Pilot with the flow and the rhythm like not hovering over the beat too fast.
Colin
i actually enjoy auto the way it is
Tycani
Good idea, but,

Most hacks are AutoPilot hacks, making it so that osu! doesn't detect that you are using AutoPilot. By implementing this feature, it would make it harder to detect cheaters. I still think it's a good idea, but it would need a lot of work to make sure that cheaters don't use this system.
Colin
I actually like auto how it is