forum

Poll 33: How many players have you known/met in real life?

posted
Total Posts

How many osu! players have you known/met in real life?

1 to 2
25.85%
3 to 5
20.24%
6 to 10
8.41%
11 to 20
4.63%
20+
7.20%
none :(
33.66%
Total votes: 820
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Nyquill
While I can't speak for everyone, May generally marks the beginning of convention season for many people in North America (hello Anime North!). Even though chances are plenty for circle clickers, drum beaters, fruit catchers, and keyboard mashers alike to meet up year round, conventions serve as a great place to meet up with people you otherwise wouldn't see!

What we want to know is: How many osu! players have you had a chance to know or meet in the flesh? It doesn't have to be at a specific gathering, it can just be someone you happened to know from school or work. Let us know where and who you met with in the thread!

The results of this poll will be once again featured in the last weekly of the month! I'll let you know my headcount when the results roll around as well ;)
Nathanael
I voted for none as I'm far away from meet-up locations.
I'll also include that I'm an introvert, I don't easily do conversations with other people for a reason.
Ukami
I probably already met like 100 of them. I know better maybe 60 of them. Conventions rulz. I've met top polish players, I've met some randoms but it all had started at convetion.

Fun fact: Right now I'm in train coming back from Szczecin (city on northwest of Poland) where I met with 9 people so i think that 20 as the highest choice is well... sometimes missed.

I'm introverted to and I don't have problem withi meeting them (conversation is harder if i don't know them but w/e that's not the point of thic topic.
Arcubin
none, but literally some of them.

i'm not introvert but i hardly speaking with gril.... so if some gril want to speak with mehh!!!!
Lacrimosa
I have met about 4-5. Unfortunately, I haven't got the chance to meet more, but I would love to.
Yuudachi-kun
Two

Only one played before I met him. None have over 2,000pp
ZZHBOY
ash trade
Ztc01
I know a few, friends I got into the game, only one plays the game constantly though.
Stefan
A huge part of the german and austrian community, from different pp tier classes and mode players due conventions such as the GamesCom or the AniNite. Beside of them, I met none.
One day Bass and I will meat us.
Sonnyc
Met some Korean players
Rizumu Tenshi
Zero and forever zero. Not a single one I've met, and will not meet because osu! is not a popular game in Egypt. And I'd rather not show this game to anyone. Would rather stick to playing Starlight Stage than try to meet one, osu! player or not.
Andrea
3 to 5.

Wish I could meet more actually!
JackBezarius18
Only Two, uwu.
Surono
maybe every month like meet one, two or more people, it depends on area or distance
I like meet people on my area.. lazy to out, except have agenda.

edit:
I've ever tried to meeting one person but failed continuously .. maybe trivial reasons such as not sure the person is right or wrong to meet and more silly things lol
meii18
Here two only.My best friend and my bf.Both of them are from România.
one day I will meet wajinshu <3
Annadine
3 of my school friends. Never really got the chance to go to conventions >:
And I actually planned to go abroad to meet some of my really close osu! friends.
Yuii-
5! Still hanging out with them whenever we can.
CStorm86
I Tried osu! almost 2 years before I started high school. I never created an account but the summer before my freshman year I got into it. I made a friend and we hanged out all the time. When it got to he end of the year I asked him if he has ever heard of a osu!. Turned out he had, and played it a lot longer than I have. and showed me that he was rank 147 (U.S.) mania. I then got into mania and have slowly but surely been improving! :3 Then the year after that we started going to the arcade as well and have been meeting some really cool people.

Favorite Machine
Groove Coaster...and SDVX....But I also like museca........and taiko..........
Freiss
I'd say i have met about six; 5 of them were my high school classmates and the other on is that high ranking guy i met at the internet cafe i usually go to. :D
Ardiemerde
I know 4. Most are my schoolmates. Will be 5 if...

Surono wrote:

maybe every month like meet one, two or more people, it depends on area or distance
I like meet people on my area.. lazy to out, except have agenda.

edit:
I've ever tried to meeting one person but failed continuously .. maybe trivial reasons such as not sure the person is right or wrong to meet and more silly things lol
This guy suddenly pops out to mein face :p
Ayesha Altugle
Zero. I'm the only one that plays osu in school. I don't know if there's more..
ElChindi
I dont have friends :cry: Not realy hehe the thing is that: I love playing osu and i´ve spoken to my friends about the game and they play it like two times and then meh.
I voted 0
Underforest
zero
HappyRocket88
It's hard to meet someone when you're shy.
show more