forum

[resolved] Uploading a difficulty on a Ranked Beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rdel
Problem Details:

I've customized a beatmap to match my own taste. I would like to upload it but It says, "This beatmap you're trying to submit isn't yours!"

Well.... It's true.
I've downloaded a ranked beatmap and I've liked the song, but not the beatmap/difficulty. So I did my best into customizing it and I've done an Insane Difficulty of it. I would like to upload it but I can't.

Question:
Is there any possibilty to upload my difficulty?
Do I need to contact the 'owner' of the beatmap that I've customized?

osu! version: 20160422 (latest)
Bara-
You need to make a set yourself.
You should 'redo' the set, which sounds worse then it it
Open your difficulty, file, open .osu in Notepad
Then drag the mp3 file into the editor, and set the metadata
Open the .osu in notepad
You have the "diff of the ranked set", and the "empty diff" as 2 seperate .osu files now
Copy over everything under [Timingpoints] (this also means [colors], and [hitobjects]
Topic Starter
Rdel
I'm just new here..... Please guide me.....
VeilStar
There's always a way to upload/submit it.

As long as you don't claim it to be your beatmap when it is in fact someone else's it should be fine to submit it. Mentioning this in the beatmap description and perhaps contacting the creator might be a good idea though.

Anyway, what you'll want to do is the following..

- Open the beatmap in the editor and go to file -> open song folder.
- Copy the song folder elsewhere (such as your desktop) and rename it to not contain any numbers in the folder name.
- Remove all difficulties from the original mapset, keeping only your difficulty
- Open your difficulty (.osu file) with any text editor (such as wordpad or notepad)/
- Set the BeatmapID to 0 and the BeatmapSetID to -1 and the Creator to your username.
- Save the changes to the .osu difficulty file.
- Exit the editor and go to the song selection screen.
- Move the beatmap folder (which you've just been making changes in) to the Songs folder (inside the osu! folder).
- Press F5 in the song selection screen for it to detect changes in the Songs folder.

You should be able submit it after that.
Topic Starter
Rdel
So, I need to recreate the whole thing? I'll drag the existing song on osu.exe, then I'll copy the Difficulty file (.osu)? And then submit it?
VeilStar

Rdel wrote:

So, I need to recreate the whole thing? I'll drag the existing song on osu.exe, then I'll copy the Difficulty file (.osu)? And then submit it?
Doing that won't work. the ID lines and creator lines will be that of a already submitted mapset of which you are not the owner, so you won't be able to submit it. Follow my post above.
Topic Starter
Rdel
Can I insert it on the Original Ranked beatmap? Just like having my own version on the original, ex: Rdel's Insane, can it be? Or do I need to directly contact the creator? I just have 1 difficulty, so I can't submit it.
VeilStar

Rdel wrote:

Can I insert it on the Original Ranked beatmap? Just like having my own version on the original, ex: Rdel's Insane
No way no how. Not if you want your difficulty submitted.

Rdel wrote:

I just have 1 difficulty, so I can't submit i
You can submit it with a single difficulty. It's unrankable, but not unsubmittable.
Topic Starter
Rdel
So, I will just contact directly the original creator, give him my difficulty, and ask him to upload my difficulty, is that possible?
VeilStar
As I said, no.
Topic Starter
Rdel
Ok, Thanks :)
Vovy_old
im finding a way but that way.. i dont get it ;-; i followed all ur steps
Bara-
Don't bump old marked threAds
Make a new post regarding your issue instead