forum

Capcom Sound Team - Storm Eagle

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Donjo
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 6:11:14 PM

Artist: Capcom Sound Team
Title: Storm Eagle
BPM: 170.74
Filesize: 2367kb
Play Time: 01:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Rain (1.51 stars, 77 notes)
  2. Storm (4.47 stars, 108 notes)
  3. Hurricane (4.98 stars, 206 notes)
Download: Capcom Sound Team - Storm Eagle
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my second beatmap, based on a famous song from Megaman X. I hope ya enjoy it!

Update 1: Added a video of me battling the boss this song is named after. Watch as I get a "nearly" flawless victory, without using any special weapons!
Update 1.3: Fixed a small mistake regarding accidentally forcing default skin on the beatmap. All fixed now!
Update 1.5: Lowered health drain on Hurricane so that the last 10 seconds of the map won't kill you during the breaks between phrases.
Version 2.0 Released!:
*Fixed slight offset problems near the end thanks to Cyclone
*Added extra combo color and darkened existing ones so they contrast against the bright video(you see them better)
Update 2.1: Made the non video background brighter because I accidentally had black circles on a black background. Not good.
Update 2.5: After INSANITY trying to find a itsy bitsy timing error it seems to be all good.
Version 3.0 Released!
*Scrapped the distracting video and replaced it with a screenshot of the screen you get introducing the boss when you choose it's stage in game.
*Slightly brightened beat colors because the BG is darker then the video was
*Implemented Sinistro's change and Burimaster1234's changes
Update 3.1: Changed the offset to 395 and preventing gravyardation
Update 4.0 Released!
*Fixed some minor problems
*Followed Mogsworth's advice concerning splitting an extra long combo into two

Notes:
The difficulity of the beatmap depends on the severity of the weather that you pick.

Bumpity Bumped on September 24, 2008
Topic Starter
Donjo
This post is merely to put another post in the thread. If you are reading this, you have fell for my "this thread is active" trick. Well, while you are here, could you please play this beatmap? Thank you if you do, and maybe later if you don't.

This post of slight comedy was made up on the spot. If it isn't funny in any what whatsoever, then you will die in the underworld sorry.
Cyclone
170.72 BPM

3 timing sections:

00:02:50 : 2,501ms
00:56:27 : 56,270ms
01:02:23 : 62,239ms

(the above information is almost kinda redundant, huh?)

I'm still not 100% comfortable with this timing... but i did 300 everything in test once(with an X, but whatever)

Also use slightly darker custom colors if you would please. Bright colors on a Bright background video is meh.
Topic Starter
Donjo
Thank's for making a hard copy of that. If i happened to forget it all it would have been helpful :P

Anyways, all that is reflected in the all new Version 2.0 :D
Kasada
Cyclone, I have no idea what you were thinking when you got that timing. This song loops twice. So why would have to put new timing sections the second time around if it's the EXACT SAME THING?

BPM: 170.61

Offset: 360
Saturos
Since I sorta got involved in the conversation, I timed it myself. I came up with 170.74 and 2512 offset. Take out the other 2 timing sections Cyclone had you add.

EDIT: After some IRC discussion, I came up with 404 offset since it was decided to have the offset be at the start of the song rather than the start of the map.
DawnII
Consensus has been reached that offset should start at the beginning of the song. I am proposing the following:

170.74/386
Kasada
I'm Kasada, and I approve of ^that guy's^ message.
Topic Starter
Donjo
Since two people finally agreed on one timing, we go with DawnII's. Now, if you won't mind, i'll go hit my head against a wall for a few hours play Megaman X3
Cyclone
The timing is better.

Next time, can you guys not be such douches when telling me I'm wrong? It wasn't even a simple, "I think you're wrong" it was a "What the fuck was he thinking?" I tried explaining my reasoning but you guys just fucking blew me off like I was some kind of idiot.
Saturos
That was just how the conversation panned out. And Kasada took it kind of personal, haha. Don't take it to heart, emo Cyc. ;x

Hell, yours was closer than Kasada's, anyway.
Topic Starter
Donjo
Well, lets hope that this timing is actually correct so this can get ranked, hopefully without more fuss about anything.

/me prepares to bug BATS in IRC :D

MINI POLL!

Should the video stay?
Yes or No?
Cyclone
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Donjo
If the video has to go, I'll put a background in and brighten the colors cause the image will be black.
Cyclone
Sounds good.
Sinistro
All difficulties
01:07:85 (1) - Lengthen 1/4.

I also agree that the video should bbe replaced; it has a lot of back-and-forth motion that is slightly nauseating. You could use a good screenshot from somewhere in the video asa background.
machol30
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Donjo
Ok, I guess the video is gonna go. I know exactly what to put as a BG though so don't fret :D

Other than that, off to changeland!
Topic Starter
Donjo
Version 3.0 has been released! The above two posts have been recognized in the current build of the map, as well as the addition of a background and the scrapping of the video. The file size was reduced by 18MB :D:D:D

At this point we seem to be looking for a certified timer to time this beatmap because it's causing more confusion over the timing than it should.
machol30
Mogsy
Rolled
some awkkkkkkward spots in hurricane.

ie:
00:07:42 (7,8,9,10), and all similar. why could you just not make it 1/4ths? :/ snapped to a freaking 6th? man. Theres like 6 of these.

00:43:96 (4,5,6,7) - also, jeeze.

Honestly I don't mind the map as a whole, the triplets are pretty fun. But the spacing is pretty bad at some spots and wtf @ that randomly snapped note.
Topic Starter
Donjo
I was just as confused as you when the notes did that. The strange snapped note is actually OFF when it's snapped to 1/4. This happened 4 times I believe.

Yes, this is a post one month later :P
Chaos Anime X
Can a BAT please tag this. It's really embarrassing seeing so many maps that have too few or no tags that are ranked.
It really needs to be a requirement for being ranked.
tags: "megaman, X, capcom, rock, boss, storm, eagle, platformer, platform, video, game"
Low

Chaos Anime X wrote:

Can a BAT please tag this. It's really embarrassing seeing so many maps that have too few or no tags that are ranked.
tags: "megaman, X, capcom, rock, boss, storm, eagle, platformer, platform, video, game"
Buster

Chaos Anime X wrote:

lol sorry if this is 5 years late but your also 4 years late because this map was ranked in 2008