forum

To All TV Size/SDVX lovers/haters out there...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hydria
Can't we all just map touhou?

There's like half a million songs to choose from covering all genres and 100% of the people I asked like touhou so why not change things up a bit and go for

TOUHOU '16!
[Insert fancy banner here]

Note: SDVX edits of touhou songs do not class as touhou
Feerum
what about halozy
XeoStyle
what about death metal maps with lolis bg
Topic Starter
Hydria

Feerum wrote:

what about halozy

XeoStyle wrote:

what about death metal maps with lolis bg
Wh1teh
Touhou death metal.... eeeeeh, ääääh. no.

E: also most of ZUN's music is in the bpm range of "too fast for jacks, too slow for streams". Unless you want really hard jackerino.
gintoki147
yes
also more bms because it's not enough
Full Tablet
Touhou death metal
Akihiro - Phantom of the Infanticidal Umbrella
http://a.cookiezi.pw/jufckwp.mp3
http://a.cookiezi.pw/pchtdsx.flac

Akihiro - Anomalousness to Catenation
http://a.cookiezi.pw/xygkdrm.mp3
http://a.cookiezi.pw/zobtkkj.flac
Wh1teh

Full Tablet wrote:

Akihiro - Phantom of the Infanticidal Umbrella
http://a.cookiezi.pw/jufckwp.mp3
http://a.cookiezi.pw/pchtdsx.flac

Akihiro - Anomalousness to Catenation
http://a.cookiezi.pw/xygkdrm.mp3
http://a.cookiezi.pw/zobtkkj.flac
the second song sounds decent, but I just gotta say that I don't feel like I'm listening to touhou.
bizarf
More Touhou would be nice, especially Halozy.
Todestrieb

(The truth is, I don't really care if It's Touhou Arrangements or anything else, as long as we have some variety in songs genres)
Rhonin
what about kobaryo
Topic Starter
Hydria

rhonin77 wrote:

what about kobaryo
I mean we have this and people like this so yeah
Aras
More Undead Corporation maybe?
I'll be like owo owo owo owo owo owo owo owo owo
Rilene

Aras25 wrote:

More Undead Corporation maybe?
I'll be like owo owo owo owo owo owo owo owo owo
RSI maps
Raiden
how about more fleshgod apocalypse?
Rivals_7
tbh i more prefer english, j-pop full ver, and vocaloid maps but TV size can be somewhat fun haha

self advertise: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/349501
Yuzeyun
/maps infinite of nuclear fusion

ONO DON'T TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY LIFE REMINDER YOU KNOW THIS SONG BECAUSE I TOLD YOU ABOUT IT
Evening
nice thread
Rilene

Raiden wrote:

how about more fleshgod apocalypse?
Mazzerin, now available in osu!mania!
Topic Starter
Hydria
guys this is a touhou thread not a suggestion thread please keep it on track thank you
Abraxos
shameless self-plug

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/409503

more touhou songs like ^ plz
Evening
what are some nice long touhou tracks to map
OnosakiHito

_Gezo_ wrote:

ONO DON'T TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY LIFE REMINDER YOU KNOW THIS SONG BECAUSE I TOLD YOU ABOUT IT
All hail to Nuclear Fusion and U.N. owen.
Topic Starter
Hydria
JamesHappy
Yuzeyun

OnosakiHito wrote:

_Gezo_ wrote:

All hail to Nuclear Fusion and U.N. owen.
actually i have accelerator with 1 diff finished
-[C R A Z Y]-
What about Helblinde?
Topic Starter
Hydria

-[C R A Z Y]- wrote:

What about Helblinde?
Did helblinde ever make touhou songs?
-[C R A Z Y]-

Hydria wrote:

-[C R A Z Y]- wrote:

What about Helblinde?
Did helblinde ever make touhou songs?
Shit, I did not read well the post xD
Hinpoppo
-Disclaimer-
This game is shit and your idea won't make it any better.

This is a game managed by the community and it will stay this way; the game attracts weebs and rhythm gamers which doesn't help the situation you're adressing, o not everyone is going to want this game to become a touhou-fest.
What's more, the actual good note charters in this game don't care about ranking their stuff or their amazing charts don't fit into the criteria, which is fucking retarded.

Touhou music gets redundant quickly too since it very rarely deviates largely from the original music; I would personally get as disgusted by only seeing Touhou in the game along with TV Sizes and SDVX songs.

Although I agree with this idea somewhat though, good luck making charts of actual good quality.

How about we rank some diversity instead? Proportionate diversity will never happen.
ArcherLove
we need more EDM western music~
Topic Starter
Hydria
Oh a serious post lets see what we have here...

Lampranthus wrote:

-Disclaimer-
This game is shit
Whoops it turns out I spoke too soon, if you start a post like that I just can't take the rest of it seriously, but I'll try anyway.

Lampranthus wrote:

This is a game managed by the community and it will stay this way; the game attracts weebs and rhythm gamers which doesn't help the situation you're adressing, o not everyone is going to want this game to become a touhou-fest.
This post was aimed at the people that either overmap the generic TV Size / SDVX charts or the ones that complain about them all the time, it wasn't necessarily aimed at everyone and I understand that not even all those people want to map touhou, it's not like I'm forcing it upon them to do so.

Lampranthus wrote:

What's more, the actual good note charters in this game don't care about ranking their stuff or their amazing charts don't fit into the criteria, which is fucking retarded.
This is an issue to bring up with the dev team and not me as I am not dev team.

Lampranthus wrote:

Touhou music gets redundant quickly too since it very rarely deviates largely from the original music; I would personally get as disgusted by only seeing Touhou in the game along with TV Sizes and SDVX songs.
I think you're really limiting yourself on what you class as touhou music here, go look through the list of charts I linked previously.

Lampranthus wrote:

Although I agree with this idea somewhat though, good luck making charts of actual good quality.
I mean people love this so there's at least one chart

Lampranthus wrote:

How about we rank some diversity instead? Proportionate diversity will never happen.
Oh cheer up there :V
Soul Evans
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/336859 I SERIOUSLY WANT THIS MAP TO GET RANKED EVERYTHING IS DEAD TO ME
Hinpoppo

Lampranthus wrote:

Hydria wrote:

This is an issue to bring up with the dev team and not me as I am not dev team.
If you want to rank more than one or two charts (as it currently is in the ranked map pool), you're going to have to work extremely hard.
Aside from that, you already have well over 600 touhou songs

Lampranthus wrote:

I think you're really limiting yourself on what you class as touhou music here, go look through the list of charts I linked previously.
I take that back, Magical Higan Tour 2009 is considered a touhou song

Lampranthus wrote:

I mean people love this so there's at least one chart
I personally don't like the song and the chart is fun, but it's not necessarily good quality considering the streams in this don't feel like they fit in. As someone said before, this song is too slow to make streams out of it and the song doesn't really fit to have the stream segments forced as jacks. Don't take my word too seriously though, I only played the chart once and observed it twice.

Basically, the song doesn't quite fit in my opinion.

As for "dump charts" that fit as a "good dump" (If anyone can actually call dumps good aside for their play value and how their quality fares within the actual category), a song like Magia or King For A Day fits in well just because of the genre/instruments/bpm; basically whatever gives it musical value.

Oh cheer up there :V
It's the truth, which all comes down to the community
Shoegazer

Lampranthus wrote:

I mean, the ranking criteria isn't really strict by any means, it's just a good amount of effort that most people from other rhythm game communities (which have more experience and usually, better charts) aren't used to the ranking process and they don't really want to make more difficulties. I can see the purpose of the ranking criteria, I wouldn't call it retarded - it's just a lot of work for some charters who feel that it's not really worth the effort to do so.

Touhou is a pretty huge thing when it comes to music! Sure, most of them really isn't that chartable (e.g. Halozy, half of UNDEAD CORPORATION, most ZUN compositions), but you can also argue the same thing for the entirety of music in general. People just chart what they like, and it just so happens that most songs don't make for good charts because of some reason or another. However there are some Touhou remixes (particularly the ones in BMS/SDVX) make for decent charts even if you're not that good of a charter anyway - examples would be this, this, this or this. It also helps that most Touhou remixes that are chartable are easily found anyway (SDVX, BMS/PMS, doujin circles), whereas for something like progressive rock it's a bit harder to find, and you have to cut and sync. It's pretty much why SDVX is so commonly charted, it's a big source of chartable (I'd argue this, but it's true for most people) music that sounds good to them.

Proportionate diversity will never happen.
You really have to define what "proportionate diversity" is, because from what I'm seeing the proportions kinda make sense. People chart whatever they like, and SDVX music and TV sizes are also easy to come by because they're so accessible. If you just mean an equal amount of SDVX, TV sizes, EDM, rock music, IDM, etc., then yes it will never happen because trends exist and some music is just harder to both chart and find overall. Not much you can do about it, and there's always an increasing amount of charts that you'll enjoy playing anyway - it's not like charts will disappear after a certain period. Music/chart diversity isn't really relevant moreso just the supply of charts/music that you enjoy. Yes, the amount of charts that you enjoy will increase at a slower rate than say SDVX, but that's not really much of a problem. You have to either explore a bit more or just wait a while longer.

It's the truth, which all comes down to the community
You're right that it all comes down to the community (and I do agree with you), but I don't think the pessimism/cynicism is really necessary in a forum context - certainly not in this context at least. Sometimes it's just better to not say anything.

also we need more breakcore. Touhou is overrated.
Hinpoppo

Shoegazer wrote:

I'm pretty cynical about the lack of diversity in ranked maps, and already setting a new trend feels counter productive.

I'm quite salty about osu mania as a game in general
abraker

Feerum wrote:

what about halozy
I want more Senya
Todestrieb
The circle Mohican Sandbag also mades touhou arrangements, like this one or this one.
show more