forum

osu! mania OD values. need help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Makan1
so I read somewhere that osu! mania has no OD values for the game and im incredibly curious as to how this works. I kinda assumed that because osu! mania maps have different OD, the 50 to 300 scores obviously related to the OD values in terms of the timing window. then there is the special 'rainbow' 300. on the Wiki it said that to achieve this you need to be 'dead accurate' but im not sure what this means. IIRC millhiore said that osu! mania only has 2 OD values or something and this confuses me.

assuming that it is a fixed value and the wiki stated that its equivalent to a 'marvelous' on DDR, I guess thats around 15ms? that insanelysmall and doesn't make sense on easier maps.

basically I want to know the exact ms values for rainbow 300,300,200,100,50 for osu! mania specifically.

if anyone can help with some kind of chart or values that will be super helpful. thakn you!
Wh1teh
Hover over the od value ingame to see the timing windows
Jinjin

Like what Wh1teh said, here's what it should look like
Tornspirit
Pretty sure this thread is still accurate +0.5ms or something t/312481
Rilene

iJinjin wrote:

Like what Wh1teh said, here's what it should look like
nice self-promotion you got there
PyaKura

Tornspirit wrote:

Pretty sure this thread is still accurate +0.5ms or something t/312481
I don't remember any changes to the OD ever so that chart must still be accurate indeed.

@OP : As for the 2 OD thing (??) whoever said that might have thought about the difference between no-mod and HR for the rainbow 300s. That or I have no idea lol.

wait idk what im saying there

edit : o right just wanted to point out that rainbow 300s have the same time window no matter what the OD is. HR makes this window even tighter.
juankristal
Yup, OD changes the judgement and the room of error that you have in order to hit a 300 instead of a 200. HR tho increases not only OD but also makes the room of error for 300g hits even lower.
Shoegazer
Topic Starter
Makan1
thanks everyone ! yeah I got it now