forum

I click for no reason when playing mouse/keyboard osu.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
edgelordweeb
Problem Details: I can't stop clicking when I'm playing Osu. I use mouse and keyboard and I don't use mouse to click I have turned off mouse clicks. However, I can't stop myself from clicking pretty frequently especially when playing faster songs. I usually play songs that are around 3.5-3.75 star difficulty. When I mess around and see how far I can get in songs between 4-4.5 that are pretty fast I start clicking constantly. This somewhat impacts my gameplay which sucks and it's also just really annoying and causes my right hand to get sore on long songs causing my accuracy to drop greatly towards the end of maps such as Sa'eed and Zero, especially Sa'eed which I used to be able to complete just fine but when this problem started it's been a struggle to even beat Sa'eed. If anyone knows what I can do to solve this problem I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not sure why it happens, so if you know why it happens too that would also help. Thanks for the help.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160403.4
Cinia Arctica
The post was a little bit vague but you can turn of mouse buttons by hitting f10

But if you are talking about accidentally clicking your mouse then its a normal thing to do and you have to get over it. the best thing to do would be to definitely try changing your mouse grip. The claw grip is excellent for mouse users playing osu but you will need a good mouse to use it. Personally dont worry about it to much because your still fairly new but you will improve trust me.
Seijiro
moved
DeathHydra
If you already disabled mouse clicks, I can't see how it affects your gameplay. I also accidentally click my mouse sometimes, yet it doesn't mess my play
I Give Up
It is completely normal, that is why we all use disable click1/2 option. Whether you are tablet or mouse you will eventually accidentally miss click, even top players do that. Unless you are clickX/mouse only style.
Jellyfish McGub
become one with the mouse. only then will you learn to control it
Topic Starter
edgelordweeb

KukiMonster wrote:

It is completely normal, that is why we all use disable click1/2 option. Whether you are tablet or mouse you will eventually accidentally miss click, even top players do that. Unless you are clickX/mouse only style.
The problem is that it's constant and that causes issues with gameplay sometimes making it impossible for me to snap to the next note properly and it causes my right hand to get tired in longer songs like Sa'eed, and this hasn't been a problem until just a few days ago.
Topic Starter
edgelordweeb

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

Aren't you like internet friends with anime ruined my life or something?
Topic Starter
edgelordweeb

OmGkEk wrote:

The post was a little bit vague but you can turn of mouse buttons by hitting f10

But if you are talking about accidentally clicking your mouse then its a normal thing to do and you have to get over it. the best thing to do would be to definitely try changing your mouse grip. The claw grip is excellent for mouse users playing osu but you will need a good mouse to use it. Personally dont worry about it to much because your still fairly new but you will improve trust me.
I think my mouse is a claw mouse, I use palm grip on the mouse though and it is a good mouse, it's kind of old but there isn't anything wrong with it and it isn't extremely outdated or anything. I don't think it has anything to do with the type of grip I use because this problem started like 5 days ago. Also I already turned off mouse buttons.
FreshSheet
Happens to me all the time, especially on spinners. Don't think about it, if mouse keys are off the only way it's affecting your gameplay is in your head.
Jellyfish McGub

edgelordweeb wrote:

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

Aren't you like internet friends with anime ruined my life or something?
oh jeezus i thought that your name was familiar
Endie-
Accidentally clicking your mouse buttons when you have them disabled shouldn't be a problem...