forum

How big is your Osu! Songs folder?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Crocidolite
How big is your Osu! Songs folder?

Take a screenshot of one of your monitors with the remaining space on your main drive, and the properties of your Osu! Songs folder showing us how much is well invested in Osu!.

Or just, y'know. Tell us.

That's mine. 80.8GB spread over 213,290 files in 11,686 folders. 70.3GB free of 930GB on my HDD. Fun stuff.
7ambda
Jellyfish McGub
over 9
Yuudachi-kun
I don't understand how any of you people have so many fucking maps - it's like you download everything you can and never play any of them at all. Having them just to have them.

I have 14.7 gb in 44,000 files.
DeathHydra
20.5 GB, 47k files.

Kinda lazy to clean. Maybe soon
N0thingSpecial
16.5 GB, 51k files
ithgyu
28.8 gb
Full Tablet
TakuMii

I don't play multi as much as I used to
Yolshka
19G I thought that was quite high actually , but looks like I was wrong. 55k files.
I have some random EZ maps here and there but I can't delete, the song is too good.
Performance is getting worse, so I do have to be careful now.
Underforest
5GB, wtf. I need more maps
B1rd

Khelly wrote:

I don't understand how any of you people have so many fucking maps - it's like you download everything you can and never play any of them at all. Having them just to have them.

How people use their harddrive space must be the silliest thing you've gotten mad at so far.

I'd sure like to have every ranked map and every good unranked map so I can experience as many maps as possible. And I'd still keep the artists I don't like just for the sake of having all the maps. Makes mp much smoother as well when you have all the maps DL'd. Currently I have 96.9GB of maps and 13,858 folders.
TakuMii
TBH, having them just to have them is exactly why I have every single ranked map... I'd rather not have to rely on stuff like Tillerino's !r command to discover maps that'll help me get better and/or rank me up, if I can just find them myself. The in-game search is a lot more flexible than the web search, or even the osu!direct search. And like B1rd said, it prevents people from waiting for you when you're playing multi (although it's not much of a problem if you have a fast connection).
Rio-

"Songs" folder alone is 27.3 Gb, 76k files ("Skins" has more files than "Songs" tbh)
N0thingSpecial

B1rd wrote:

Khelly wrote:

How people use their harddrive space must be the silliest thing you've gotten mad at so far.

I'd sure like to have every ranked map and every good unranked map so I can experience as many maps as possible. And I'd still keep the artists I don't like just for the sake of having all the maps. Makes mp much smoother as well when you have all the maps DL'd. Currently I have 96.9GB of maps and 13,858 folders.
Well you care awful lot how he feels on this matter
B1rd

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Well you care awful lot how he feels on this matter
Do I?

DeathHydra
Don't you forget? Khelly doesn't play multi
dung eater
KanoSet
16.1 gb
i always thought i don't have enough songs
Flanster