forum

Sliderbreaks and shitmisses

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Riven is eu
Any tips on how to stop them ? It's getting really annoying and it's not fun playing the game anymore when you sliderbreak or shitmiss on every song
DeathHydra
Keep playing and focus your mind. Or maybe the miss is because the map is too hard so you can try play easier maps
I Give Up
Focus on building consistency by practising a variety of maps with different styles. Avoid maps that are beyond your current level for now. Playing maps that are "too easy" is not a bad thing either.
Topic Starter
Riven is eu
I play maps from the range of 3,90 to 5 star,most of them aren't hard and I'm sure that I can fc if I don't sliderbreak or miss for no reason. I also forgot to note that it happens on the easiest notes or sliders most of the time.
Skybussa
All you can really do is hope for the best, sliderbreaks and shitmisses are a part of the game. If you can shitmiss once you can shitmiss twice, but the same goes for FC'ing, if you can FC once, you can FC again, etc. There isn't really luck involved with osu! You may like to believe you got lucky on a particular song, but when it comes down to it, the play is replicable if it has been done once.

Just try not to stress out, and if you get frustrated over a particular map, just come back to it later. Don't develop what is commonly referred to as a "mind block" by retrying the map where you often times begin to memorize or anticipate the notes instead of reading.

Your first few tries on a map are generally the best on any given day (unless the map you are playing is under your skill level) and are when you are actually taking in the map and reading it, rather than just semi-memorizing. Taking a break from a particular map can do wonders.

Good luck and I wish you the best!
N0thingSpecial
Cursor dancs after you shitmiss to earn style points which make up for not FCing

plz enjoi gamu
Jellyfish McGub
this is hilarious
Rosten

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Cursor dancs after you shitmiss to earn style points which make up for not FCing

plz enjoi gamu
Top tier advice here. Might not make up for lost PP but it will repair your broken ego +1
winber1
if u have songs where u always shitmiss and think that if u didnt' shitmiss u would fc, generally the case is that you aren't good enough to fc it. in fact, shitmissing often isn't even shitmissing, it's really just u not being good at the game, whether its a lack of consistency or a lack of proper aim. you kinda need to go a level beyond just being able to play the map easily to fc it.

play more
Rosten

winber1 wrote:

if u have songs where u always shitmiss and think that if u didnt' shitmiss u would fc, generally the case is that you aren't good enough to fc it. in fact, shitmissing often isn't even shitmissing, it's really just u not being good at the game, whether its a lack of consistency or a lack of proper aim. you kinda need to go a level beyond just being able to play the map easily to fc it.

play more
This isn't always true, while there are factors other than luck contributing to the awful misses ( there is no luck in OSU ), a very large number of them aren't really indicative of someone not being good enough to FC a map, especially if they hit every other note before and after it.
otoed1

Riven is eu wrote:

I3,90 to 5 star
Stop playing 5 star maps. play 4.5 max. play for consistency.
Skybussa

Rosten wrote:

OSU
Triggered, it's "osu!" : ^)
Rosten

Renji wrote:

Rosten wrote:

OSU
Triggered, it's "osu!" : ^)
you mean to tell me that the game ive been playing for the last 4 months isnt the ohio state university

everything i know is a lie.
E m i

Rosten wrote:

there is no luck in OSU
Quote of the year, there is no luck in osu because osu is luck.
ithgyu
treat sliderbreaks as normal misses, they are just as bad. Everyone shitmisses, you do it more if you dont have a good understanding of where you cursor is. If you shitmiss a lot, youre basically just bad. Understand that if you miss is because you are not good enough. Dont get annoyed, play to get better