forum

Tablet area and hand/wrist movements

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Matutetute
So, about 3 weeks ago I changed my tablet area to a bigger one. I feel like my aim has improved, and at first my aim speed was really slow but now I have almost completely regained it. The problem I have now, is that I find it kinda hard to reach the corners of the active area. And by this, I mean I can reach them (in corner-to-corner jumps), but I have to strain my wrist which bit uncomfortable and slow (not too much, though). The question here is: will I end up adapting to this (will I be able to do this jumps faster, and will the strain go away with my wrist becoming more flexible)? Or should I change my area for a smaller one that allows me to reach the corners without straining my wrist?
Mahogany
When you increase area it will most definitely cause strain on your wrists because they're unused to this movement.

If you keep at it, your hands will adapt to the new settings and the pain will go away.

Generally, it's advisable to keep the largest area you can play with because of reasons (that I can explain if you care) so I'd say you should stick with it and see where it leads you.
Jellyfish McGub
if you look at any pro player who also uses their wrist like this, you will be able to see their hand "strain". i guess they are used to it now because of just how much they have played.

the important thing is to play more. dont "stress" on changing settings too often, unless you plan on a gradual change or something. honestly, i dont even think that would be good. just change your settings, get used to them, play more, gg
Topic Starter
Matutetute

Mahogany wrote:

When you increase area it will most definitely cause strain on your wrists because they're unused to this movement.

If you keep at it, your hands will adapt to the new settings and the pain will go away.

Generally, it's advisable to keep the largest area you can play with because of reasons (that I can explain if you care) so I'd say you should stick with it and see where it leads you.
Thanks for the quick answer :D . I think this area is pretty much perfect except for this small issue. Hopefully I will get used to it soon. I also think this is the largest area I could use because my desktop and chair setup is pretty bad.

PS: I forgot to mention I drag, and here is my tablet area: http://puu.sh/o8PlD/a0401244d0.jpg
my screen resolution is 1440x900

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

if you look at any pro player who also uses their wrist like this, you will be able to see their hand "strain". i guess they are used to it now because of just how much they have played.

the important thing is to play more. dont "stress" on changing settings too often, unless you plan on a gradual change or something. honestly, i dont even think that would be good. just change your settings, get used to them, play more, gg
yeah, I noticed so when I watched their livestreams. Luckily, this has been the only time I have changed area. Thanks btw :)