2.88%
Green Switch
2.40%
White Switch
6.24%
Total votes: 417
Topic Starter
Liweinator
Getting a keyboard next (Either Corsair Strafe or CM Storm QuickFire series). Was wondering what you guys prefer and which keyboard you guys have.
Rhonin
get reds
Risa

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

my fav is rainbow switch

homosexual friendly :-)
Brown is the color of shit so we all know what yours is

OT it's more about preference
I Give Up
I have blue, black, red, browns and clears. I primarily use blacks for typing, gaming and osu training and switch to reds when I play for FC. I recommend buying a blue or black switch keyboard then modify 2 switches to browns if you went with blues, or reds if you went with black.
The Gambler
Where's Sanwa and Omron in this list? Or am I the only one?
Endie-

The Gambler wrote:

ew go away
Jellyfish McGub

Ezonie wrote:

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

my fav is rainbow switch

homosexual friendly :-)
Brown is the color of shit so we all know what yours is

OT it's more about preference
brown switch faster pace
-Makishima S-
Red
Yuudachi-kun
I voted greens
TakuMii
where are my non-cherry switches at
I Give Up

The Gambler wrote:

YayMii wrote:

Thread title.
FrzR
Reds gave me inconsistent hits. I'm looking to swap my keyboard to ones with blues.
KanoSet
blues can give you a hard time while streamin
i would say browns or reds
Jellyfish McGub

KanoSet wrote:

blues can give you a hard time while streamin
i would say browns or reds
what do you mean by "hard time"?
The Gambler

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

what do you mean by "hard time"?
Click gets in the way, and higher reset point due to switch design. Means your return travel is longer than your press travel, in comparison to Browns

Also surprised that no one here quoted deskthority or geekhack for keyboard recommendations.
Sayorie
Blue switches are designed for precision, not speed. This is why it's usually designed for typing, but can be extra useful for games that require lots of buttons to click (MOBAs, MMOs, Starcraft) to reduce chance of misclicking, rather than games that require lots of clicking on a few buttons (like osu!) where red switches excel.
TakuMii
Blue switches (and by extension, Green switches) are designed for typing, not gaming. The slider design will make it more difficult to be consistent in any game that requires rapid multiple hits (or even reliable double-taps).

KukiMonster wrote:

YayMii wrote:

Thread title.
Hmm... I wonder why I said what I said... It's like I was replying to the thread title or something? :roll:
Yuudachi-kun

YayMii wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

Thread title.
Hmm... I wonder why I said what I said... It's like I was replying to the thread title or something? :roll:
Yeah, they don't matter for this thread because it's specifically about cherry and not switches in general.
TakuMii

Khelly wrote:

Yeah, they don't matter for this thread because it's specifically about cherry and not switches in general.
I guess I don't belong here then :c

*angrily packs up optical keyboard, and leaves*
Jellyfish McGub

Arthraxium wrote:

Blue switches are designed for precision, not speed. This is why it's usually designed for typing, but can be extra useful for games that require lots of buttons to click (MOBAs, MMOs, Starcraft) to reduce chance of misclicking, rather than games that require lots of clicking on a few buttons (like osu!) where red switches excel.
does that explain your acc?

sry i didnt mean it
Sayorie

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

Arthraxium wrote:

does that explain your acc?

sry i didnt mean it
Number one: I don't care about my accuracy. Stop making it as the most important metric for measuring skill.
Play osu!mania if you really want to flaunt your high-accuracy aspect.

Number two: Having tics is difficult while maintaining accuracy.

Number three: Most of my top plays are maps which are significantly more difficult than the maps on your top plays. These higher-difficulty-lower-accuracy top plays contribute to my lower overall accuracy.

Number four: I don't care about you at all because I'm enjoying the game.

Cheers.
Yuudachi-kun
Acc sucks
Jellyfish McGub
we press a button. we do a thing.
B1rd

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

we press a button. we do a thing.
You can do a better Trump impersonation than that.
Katowice
[ plutoh ]
I bought the Anne Pro 2 60% with Gateron Reds. Extremely good keyboard, highly recommend.