forum

Mouse only player to mouse and keyboard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
harleyb09
Hi,
So I recently looked into playing with a mouse and keyboard as opposed to just a mouse as higher level beatmaps are almost impossible using a mouse only. The only problem is, even with easy maps, this feels unnatural. Is there any way I can make playing with a mouse and keyboard more comfortable? Thanks!
Endaris
Playing more will do, it's just a matter of conditioning yourself.
Regarding highlevel beatmaps being impossible with mouseonly:
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/Pyonta
Skybussa
Almost nothing feels natural at first. If you just play more using mouse + kb style you'll get used to it eventually... the initial stage is always the hardest. Stick through it! GOOD LUCK!
Jellyfish McGub

harleyb09 wrote:

Hi,
So I recently looked into playing with a mouse and keyboard as opposed to just a mouse as higher level beatmaps are almost impossible using a mouse only. The only problem is, even with easy maps, this feels unnatural. Is there any way I can make playing with a mouse and keyboard more comfortable? Thanks!
acc = win
Xyrus_old_1
Try adjusting the position of your hand and the keyboard. Experiment to find your ideal position for playing Osu!. It's probably not the same position you would use to type or play other games.
ShioriSekine
i play Mouse Only and i can play up to 6 star maps/ Extra difficulties / etc. Not impossible, just takes a lot of practice and dedication
7ambda

ShioriSekine wrote:

i can play up to 6 star maps/ Extra difficulties / etc.
You're lying to yourself.
Baka94
I had the same struggle when I started using mouse + kb (some time after that I moved to tablet + kb since I had one). It takes some time to get used to. The good thing about mouse + kb (or any "combo" really) is that you are dividing the tasks to both sides of your brain instead of just one (when playing with mouse alone).
Jellyfish McGub

Baka94 wrote:

I had the same struggle when I started using mouse + kb (some time after that I moved to tablet + kb since I had one). It takes some time to get used to. The good thing about mouse + kb (or any "combo" really) is that you are dividing the tasks to both sides of your brain instead of just one (when playing with mouse alone).
just magic fingers duh
ShioriSekine

F1r3tar wrote:

ShioriSekine wrote:

i can play up to 6 star maps/ Extra difficulties / etc.
why the bitching? i never said i could FC them, being able to "play them" doesn't mean having to get high scores on them. keep your shit to yourself, douchebag.
VirtualMuffin
I played mouse only same as you and the same happened to me. It felt unnatural at first due to the different feeling to clicking that a mouse gives. However after about a week i was setting a lot better scores than i was with mouse only.

Theoretically of course you could get a lot better than me just by using mouse only. But it is a lot lot harder
neonat
What do you mean by mouse and keyboard? I sometimes move from mouse only to mouse click for single tap and keyboard for streams.
Mahogany

ShioriSekine wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

why the bitching? i never said i could FC them, being able to "play them" doesn't mean having to get high scores on them. keep your shit to yourself, douchebag.
I can mash my way through Airman. Obviously that means I can play 7 star maps???

Being able to pass something doesn't mean shit and trying to use it as a point is also bullshit and you will always rightfully get called out for it.
Risa
U're most likey better off learning to tap with keyboard,

But u can still be godlike mouse only + basic laptop + default skin

Pro tip : ^ rank is the most misleading thing ever
Yuudachi-kun

ShioriSekine wrote:

Show me a video of you "playing" these six star maps.