forum

Question to Tablet Draggers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-scy-
So I play osu! using a tablet, and I started dragging because I found that I'm too shaky to accurately hover. After a while I realized that dragging wasn't the best for my tablet, and I tried using paper underneath my tablet pen to reduce tablet damage. I hated it so much because my tablet gives off the most cringe sound when I played. I started to use the plastic side of a card sleeve, and I have been playing like that for a couple of months. After an intense jump map I saw that the plastic on the sleeve was dying, so I replaced it with a new one. On the new one I found that these little "bubbles" form on my sleeve, which is basically a speed bump on my tablet, messing me up. Does anyone know a way to prevent this, or alternate ways to reduce tablet dragging damage?

Short Version
I use the plastic side of card sleeves for faster and smoother dragging. Bubbles form on my card sleeve when I drag, how do I stop it? It's handicapping me.

winber1
i mean u could always try something else, like using a random old gift card or something and just tape it to your tablet. I personally don't use anything and I just have a visible area of scratches but if you don't drag that hard it should be fine. i've had my tablet for almost 5 years now
Bauxe
Dragging causes cosmetic damage but that's it. You could drag for years and, although the surface would become extremely smooth to play on, it would work just fine.

Dragging is the intended use of a tablet afterall. (Drawing)
Sayorie

Bauxe wrote:

Dragging causes cosmetic damage but that's it. You could drag for years and, although the surface would become extremely smooth to play on, it would work just fine.

Basically this. Having scratches on the tablet surface does not affect the functionality of the tablet.

Also, technically you can't scratch the surface with the tablet pen because the surface's material is harder than the pen tip. It is the dust particles which stick to the pen tip that causes scratching. (based from another wacom staff) You may want to clean your tablet surface first before using.

Here are some words from wacom staff from selected forum threads:

The pen is too soft to make real deep scratches. It will leave traces, that is normal. But to scratch the surface so much, that the pen gets stuck moving over it ... that seems hardly possible, as the pentip is too soft material.
Re: Bamboo surface scratch / Bamboo pen tip damaged

It depends on the pressure you apply and the way you hold the pen. After some time of use you will see traces of the pen on the surface and the nib may become sharp and scratching. We recommend to exchange the nibs before that happens. Replacements are available from the Wacom Online shop or through your dealer. If there is a deep scratch, where the pen cannot move across smoothly anymore, the surface sheet is replacable as well. (If you want to avoid that: The pen works up to at least 5 mm distance from the tablet through any non-metallic material. You could place some paper, plastic, glass, wood on the tablet and work on that.)
Jellyfish McGub
im just gonna leave a little thing here.

for the longest time ive played while dragging. i also would also accidentally lift my pen too far from the tablet and it wouldnt read from that distance. i thought i had the same problem as you and i pretty much went through the same paper process (i also used cling wrap! taping it down is pretty annoying though).

i dont know what happened after that but now i play hover. just keep playing, if you ever actually do switch to hover let me know, but if that never happens i wouldnt be surprised. experiment :-)
Matutetute

Bauxe wrote:

basically this

if you are still worried about scratching the surface of your tablet, there are people who sell tablet covers. you could also hover with the rubber side of your pen.