Boomy

Yosumin wrote:

Blind Justice wrote:

Catch the beat

to the beat
DeletedUser_1417202

Frank- wrote:

Can I ask a question ?

when the Catch The Beat mode has been released ?
Progress was made on OpenGL implementation and the upcoming game mode debut (Catch the Beat), in a private testing environment. A lot of the internals of osu! were rewritten, equaling over 4,000 lines of totally revamped code in order to make play modes more modular, so future modes could be added more easily. Due to these large changes, there was no public release this month.

(2008-10)

November saw the introduction of a brand new play mode, "Catch the Beat". OpenGL support debuted, thus allowing osu! to run on most systems. Other new features in this update packed month included in-game friend list support, private chat tabs, a new tutorial/offset wizard and osu!direct; an in-game beatmap downloader for supporters.

Due to people with large numbers of beatmaps complaining about the load time of osu!, peppy spent countless days optimising anything possible, resulting in a performance increase almost unmeasurable on a scale (let's just say somewhere over 9,000). Load times of over one minute reduced to just milliseconds.

(2008-11)

i think making CTB 2008-11 started.
He Ang CTB

Sub Class wrote:

Frank- wrote:

Can I ask a question ?

when the Catch The Beat mode has been released ?
Progress was made on OpenGL implementation and the upcoming game mode debut (Catch the Beat), in a private testing environment. A lot of the internals of osu! were rewritten, equaling over 4,000 lines of totally revamped code in order to make play modes more modular, so future modes could be added more easily. Due to these large changes, there was no public release this month.

(2008-10)

November saw the introduction of a brand new play mode, "Catch the Beat". OpenGL support debuted, thus allowing osu! to run on most systems. Other new features in this update packed month included in-game friend list support, private chat tabs, a new tutorial/offset wizard and osu!direct; an in-game beatmap downloader for supporters.

Due to people with large numbers of beatmaps complaining about the load time of osu!, peppy spent countless days optimising anything possible, resulting in a performance increase almost unmeasurable on a scale (let's just say somewhere over 9,000). Load times of over one minute reduced to just milliseconds.

(2008-11)

i think making CTB 2008-11 started.
Sub Class' History Class owo
Frank-

He Ang Erika wrote:

Sub Class' History Class owo

lol xd
Fl4ndre Scarlet
Seiga
I hit a massive total of 6 Replays Watched today.
Either someone's just had to use eye bleach or I'm moving up in the world. :^)
He Ang CTB

Xia Xia wrote:

I hit a massive total of 6 Replays Watched today.
Either someone's just had to use eye bleach or I'm moving up in the world. :^)
It has to be because of your seal.mp4 replay!! XD Everybody loves cute sealssss >A<!!
Rurree
Life sucks when you have to go to the internet café to play Catch the Beat.
Momota

Rurree wrote:

sovy

Rurree wrote:

Deceitful preaches :o
koliron

Lacrimae wrote:

2 weeks into 2016 and i'm seeing several CTB maps being approved

keep it up guys!
rip
Zak

koliron wrote:

Lacrimae wrote:

keep it up guys!
rip
Yeah so much for that lmao
Sunkiss

koliron wrote:

Lacrimae wrote:

keep it up guys!
rip
:/
MBomb
Yeah, it's annoying how we went from December 2015 being the most active month in ctb mapping history to 2016 slowing down drastically. :(
JBHyperion

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Yeah, it's annoying how we went from December 2015 being the most active month in ctb mapping history to 2016 slowing down drastically. :(
Exams have played a large part in that, people have less time for modding right now so everything is just a little slower than usual. Not every month can be THE BEST EVER!!!1!1!!1!!one!.

We're still doing well, no need to get all doom and gloom ^^

Also I was sick for like a month so rip icons (^:
DeletedUser_1417202
@_@
Seiga
Still don't have a PC :(
rip my CtB dreams
Akai Tenshi

Xia Xia wrote:

rip my CtB dreams

Can you play at college?
Seiga

Akai Tenshi wrote:

Xia Xia wrote:

rip my CtB dreams

Can you play at college?
University has crappy macbooks but they are crappy
I should be getting my own laptop soon though
Ascendance
hi im still active in ctb mapping

rank my shit
DxNightwave

Ascendance wrote:

hi im still active in ctb mapping

rank my shit
XD
Ascendance
XD
Wesley
XD
iiyo
no
DeletedUser_1417202
:roll:
-Sh1n1-
:O how amazing avatar ^ Sub Class pervert~~ :3
DeletedUser_1417202

-Sh1n1- wrote:

No, i'm gentleman

+_+
He Ang CTB

Sub Class wrote:

-Sh1n1- wrote:

No, i'm gentleman

+_+
Classy Sub Class XD

Okay I need to stop making puns of Subby OTL
DeletedUser_500696
Guys I have an idea for a temp solution to the current ctb pp meta. What if you can choose which top ranks to show on your profile so you can show off your personal underrated scores and still play ctb maps without feeling pressure from others, or being called a pp farmer? Actually that's the main reason I don't play certain ctb maps, because I don't want them to supersede my personal scores that are more impressive.
He Ang CTB

-Kurisu- wrote:

Guys I have an idea for a temp solution to the current ctb pp meta. What if you can choose which top ranks to show on your profile so you can show off your personal underrated scores and still play ctb maps without feeling pressure from others, or being called a pp farmer? Actually that's the main reason I don't play certain ctb maps, because I don't want them to supersede my personal scores that are more impressive.
Awesome idea! o/ I hope this gets done whether or not there's a ppv3 XD

But if the managers have the time to implement a vastly new feature they would probably just fix the current broken system instead D:
sovy

-Kurisu- wrote:

Literally what I've done ever since I started out. I do have a few ctb scores but I really abstain from playing any else. I appreciate my convert scores the most.
Axiaan
I don't understand why it's a crime to play CTB maps..
OK they give a lot of pp compared to convert with the same stars ranking, but a Taiko player playing Taiko maps or a Mania player playing Mania maps haven't problems, so why there're for CTB ?
Just don't care about these guys who said "CTB maps are only pp maps" and play them, if you see the top 10 on their top 10 bests performances scores, there are around 8/10 CTB maps so why for a normal guy between top 50 and top 500 it's a crime to play them ?
I really don't understand why.
DeletedUser_500696
I think the reason is because taiko and mania are based on other well established rhythm games, so there may be less controversy when a specific gets ranked. What can be ranked in standard and CtB on the other hand is more loosely defined, so when a ranked specific map is 'new' and introduces something that hasn't been used much before (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/155691) it gets attention. This works the other way too, if a map is seemingly repetitive for not expanding on the game mode (monstrata maps from a few months ago appeared to draw this attention) it gets called dull or a pp map. Hypers in CtB give a lot of pp and have become an important part of making a CtB specifc recently, but they give way more pp than non hypers which may be equally difficult. This has been going on since ppv2 came out; in ppv1 the CtB pp system did not emphasize hypers nearly as much. So, there is a divide between players that think hyper heavy maps give too much pp and players that accept the CtB mapping meta. The former may view hypers as being overused in CtB maps to increase perceived difficulty and therefore pp gained. Meanwhile the latter don't mind, or in your words 'just don't care'. IMO most players still like to see CtB specifics get ranked and so there isn't anything criminal about playing them, but a consensus for their difficulty/pp given is yet to be reached.
RAMPAGE88
Not again :(
and btw anyone get restricted can join CWC later?
Sorceress
Says on the wiki for CWC 2016 that "To be successfully accepted on the list, you have to ensure that you did not violate the osu! community rules within the last 12 months." If you were falsely restricted or it happened over a year ago then it shouldn't be a problem otherwise it's bad news.
autofanboy
cant play this year :c
rip hk
Haarashi

RAMPAGE88 wrote:

Not again :(
and btw anyone get restricted can join CWC later?
I was wondering the same thing... I hope I can play it ;w;
DeletedUser_1417202
Rip
Dianthus
When will the first match be held?

Also, really want to see South-Korea vs Germany and China vs Poland matches. x)
Zak
Check the wiki for information regarding CWC
show more