forum

#lobby functioning as #announce (read for details)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +662
show more
WriggleNightbug
I WOULD vote this up, but i don't mod, so i have no stars to give this T_T. Cause like everyone here would agree, this is a great idea, and should be implemented ASAP.
- Marco -

TheBronyGames wrote:

I WOULD vote this up, but i don't mod
these are not kudosu :)

you can have two stars for each month of supporter you buy
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Bump.
-Maus-
Ayy support lmao, #lobby is a trainwreck, so are people who take it as #multiplayer

/me gets hated
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Another bump...
IxWolfie
I like this idea, but then we need an area for the old "#lobby" so people can just talk. Maybe #General if that exists? (Kind of like #VideoGames but for just general chatting with players?)

I agree, #lobby is full of spam; and it's sad.

I fully support this, however, I don't have any votes; so I guess my agreement doesn't mean anything does it.
You can take all my votes > has none.

Anyways XD
drum drum

IxWolfie wrote:

I like this idea, but then we need an area for the old "#lobby" so people can just talk. Maybe #General if that exists? (Kind of like #VideoGames but for just general chatting with players?)

I agree, #lobby is full of spam; and it's sad.

I fully support this, however, I don't have any votes; so I guess my agreement doesn't mean anything does it.
You can take all my votes > has none.

Anyways XD
they can talk in #osu or #english or w/e channel their language belongs in, we don't need a channel for smalltalk
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Title updated, since it was just too generic
Nekonyan
totally agree with this feature :D
I would like to shoot my star here but I have no stars left :c
anyway, I hope ppy will implement this feature asap XD
Bara-
Nice bump
This is actually a great Idea
I ersonally hate #lobby for all of it's trashtalk and such
This'll make it much nicer (and user-friendly)
D e s
This make life easier.

current #lobby is Ultimately frickin annoying
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Oh... I didn't expect such a bump since I almost forgot about it lol
Topic Starter
Seijiro
It has been a while, so let's bump
Roxy Lalonde
I totally want this. Take all my 20 votes.
Topic Starter
Seijiro
I haven't received an answer yet, so I'll keep bumping this, since I think it is really needed
Pawsu
Bump.
Topic Starter
Seijiro
lol, I was searching for this among the 2 months old posts while it was already bumped ahahahah

Anyway, I still think this feature is needed and no one has brought up anything valid against it so...
Inb4 peppy himself shuts this down
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Bump
Flanster
Threw some more stars in there.
softhusky
Bump ^_^
Topic Starter
Seijiro
I still think it's needed, so let's bump once more.
riffy
Totally support as long as the thing is understandable for beginners. as the channel is mainly used by them.
AncuL
hello where are you dev team
Tandashi
Hello guys,
help is arriving! :D

I started to program a bot for this which is still in a very early stage.
But still I hope those are good news for you... and that this project will not... fail... ^^'
So before I start a new Thread about this or something like that I want to ask you about your opinions.

This is what I have so far:

At the moment the Bot returns a random registered room and displays some information about it.
Clicking the Join "button" will let you join the room.
Clicking the beatmap link will direct you to the beatmap.
Topic Starter
Seijiro
If we can find a way to make new players know about the bot would be great, since the main problems are with those users who doesn't know how the game/channels work yet (therefore, the spam/nonsense in #lobby).

If you need anything let me know, since I would really like to help (even if I don't know exactly how xD)
I wish you a good work :3
Tandashi

MrSergio wrote:

If we can find a way to make new players know about the bot would be great, since the main problems are with those users who doesn't know how the game/channels work yet (therefore, the spam/nonsense in #lobby).
If you need anything let me know, since I would really like to help (even if I don't know exactly how xD)
I wish you a good work :3

Well if I need some help with testing or something I'll let you know ^^'

Edit:
Should I make a doc somewhere for changelog and to keep you updated or should I post a summary of my accomplishments every day here?
abraker

MrSergio wrote:

If we can find a way to make new players know about the bot would be great, since the main problems are with those users who doesn't know how the game/channels work yet (therefore, the spam/nonsense in #lobby)
I think there should be a topic listing all users who run bot services. Normally it should be put in developement, but I think stickying it in G&R would give it more exposure. Arguably, it can be considered as part of the gameplay. I can think of tillerino and Tandashi from the top of my head, but I know there are more.

If thats a too much of a debatable option, Tandashi can always make a post about the bot on /r/osugame
Topic Starter
Seijiro
@Tandashi Developement is fine for this imo.

@abraker I meant something like a pop up instruction to those who open up #lobby or something like that, since most of the new players don't even look around (forum or chat, it doesn't matter apparently: they don't look at all lol). Making the bot being known via forum is also less effective imo, but let's see how it will be done
Tandashi
Yeah I was thinking of posting it in Development after I have a stable version.
For now you can check the progress, change-log and more on the github page.
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Will my persistence prevail in the end? I hope so :'(
Pawsu

MrSergio wrote:

Will my persistence prevail in the end? I hope so :'(
I still want this. ;w;
Luqanted
Y E S .
Tandashi
Yeah my bot kinda failed and I stopped playing osu!. So sorry ^-^'
But good luck :D upvoted.
Topic Starter
Seijiro
It's been a while and #lobby doesn't change magically on its own so I still think this is needed.
Bump
KyoHiroyuki
IDK if it's been said already, but if this is gonna happen, maybe add a "Free mods: Yes/No" option?

Other than that, yes yes yes yes yes is all I can think to say, this is a great idea, #lobby is HELL rn, and I'd really like to see an actual reason to go there
blueberry585
Thx it really HElp
Daylight--
bump
Islaaaa
bump
clayton
can't you just search for unlocked multi rooms if you want to join a random one?

this new multi announce channel would be the same content as the multiplayer room listing, except with all outdated info.