streaming control (help)

posted
Total Posts
show more
N0thingSpecial
Lower music volume and increase effects volume,

Then play more
Rinko
Honestly, practicing lower BPM than 170 on streams is kinda pointless, and should improve working on higher BPM.

But for low BPM streams, you really have to aim properly and listen to the music
Yuudachi-kun
For REALLY low bpm streams you can just singletap fast. 8-)
I Give Up
Slow bpm streaming require different technique from fast bpm, you also need more aim for it.
chainpullz

Senpai wrote:

Honestly, practicing lower BPM than 170 on streams is kinda pointless if all you care about is pp, and should improve working on higher BPM.

But for low BPM streams, you really have to aim properly and listen to the music
ftfy
N0thingSpecial

Senpai wrote:

Honestly, practicing lower BPM than 170 on streams is kinda pointless, and should improve working on higher BPM.

The point is to enjoy gamu, op probably find low BPM streams fun/challenging therefore he plays it.
Deva

Senpai wrote:

Honestly, practicing lower BPM than 170 on streams is kinda pointless
Please uninstall
_handholding

HK_ wrote:

Please uninstall
ok dad
ithgyu
hes right though, it is kinda pointless, 170 is slow enough, work on getting fast
_handholding

II Jelli II wrote:

hes right though, it is kinda pointless, 170 is slow enough, work on getting fast
ok mum
Rivalax
It helped me to just take a look at how the auto does it, and then practice the specific stream a couple of times thourgh edit mode and basically forcing myself to play it slower and understanding the rythem
YamiHikari
Spam play those maps and get used to it
Example Misplaced Shadow or Ice Angel best
To improve more on consistency i guess you can try out stream practices
The more you play on different bpms imo you'll independantly adjust to bpms faster next time
I Give Up

Rivalax wrote:

It helped me to just take a look at how the auto does it, and then practice the specific stream a couple of times thourgh edit mode and basically forcing myself to play it slower and understanding the rythem
Watching auto first + loud hit sound is the proper way to learn new stream speed. Gotta get used to perfect acc hit sound.
Jellyfish McGub
just press buttons

my favorite switch is 4-way and my favorite game is dating sim
Deva

II Jelli II wrote:

If all you care about is pp then hes right but if you actually want to have fun there are some really fun 140 or 150 bpm maps and it improves finger control.
only exception is if you are broken like khelly and you can only have fun by getting pp

KukiMonster wrote:

Watching auto first + loud hit sound is the proper way to learn new stream speed. Gotta get used to perfect acc hit sound.
I was doing it wrong all this time ;_;
DeathHydra
I thought khelly is having fun by playing low AR maps
Deva
Thats obviously not khelly. It takes more than that to fool me.
I Give Up

HK_ wrote:

I was doing it wrong all this time ;_;
No wrong way. Just longer way.
Deva
I doubt what you said so much that ill actually try it out.
dung eater
for more control try alternating lower bpm, for more speed try playing higher bpm

listening or imagining how the stream should sound or how your fingers should should tap helps or what sounds you are tapping to (and knowing what sounds you are tapping to)

for things that are hard for you (maybe doubles or quads?) learning them first on lower bpm is easier
Yuudachi-kun

DeathAdderz wrote:

I thought khelly is having fun by playing low AR maps

I get so many top 50's from old maps now.

good thing I'm not broken like hk though and I can separate the idea of pp from not fun.
Rosten
If you want a way to practice this outside of just... Well... Play more. Try and find an online metronome with a customizable speed (There are some that have a few set speeds, I know, but I wouldn't suggest using them), pick a BPM, and alternate your keys to the beat as if you were playing straight eighth notes (sixteenth notes are quicker, but for the not-so-rhythmically-inclined, eighth notes are a lot easier to wrap your head around), once you have that rhythm down, switch to another, faster or slower, whichever, BPM and do the same. Keep doing this until you can switch between high BPMs without a problem. Important note: NEVER MASH! If you want 50s and 100s, sure, you might be able to get by with mashing your keys as fast as possible, but it definitely pays off a lot more to actually be able to figure out the rhythm instead of just switching to "Alternate as fast as I can" whenever any stream comes up.
_handholding

Khelly wrote:

good thing I'm not broken like hk though and I can separate the idea of pp from not fun.
savage
Deva

Khelly wrote:

im perfectly fine with sticking them together thanks
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

Khelly wrote:

im perfectly fine with sticking them together thanks
And you can only do that. It's sad.
Deva
you broke my kokoro khelly :(
Spirit_Dreamer
Click the circles..... to the beat. And I'm not joking.Try to imagine the 1/4 beats as you listen to the music.Takes realy a lot of practice, but thats it.