posted
Total Posts
show more
PakaChan

FuZ wrote:

ctb is so dead
why?
FuZ
there is like no ranked maps, it feels like playing the same maps over and over again

there's also a lot of very good unranked maps that will never get ranked zzzz
Yuudachi-kun
Catch the beat

to the beat
RAMPAGE88

FuZ wrote:

there is like no ranked maps, it feels like playing the same maps over and over again

Just needs to wait.
I agree but, talking about this topic here not a good idea I think.
Kagari

FuZ wrote:

orz
DeletedUser_1417202

FuZ wrote:

good idea :o
autofanboy

FuZ wrote:

Can't really put all the blame on the beatmap nominators,

1. People usually don't prefer modding hard maps as they are mostly with long length and with jumps which are hard to handle.
2. Most of the BNs are busy and cannot take care of the maps a lot. You know, they are humans and they have their lives too.

If you really want to have these maps ranked, either mod the maps and try to raise their awareness, or map one yourself and try to get it ranked.

Not trying to cause drama here but to clarify a few things.
MBomb

Frank- wrote:

Can I ask a question ?

when the Catch The Beat mode has been released ?
2008, I think September (Pretty sure, but not 100%)
Sunkiss

Khelly wrote:

Catch the beat

to the beat
yxn

Blind Justice wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Catch the beat

to the beat
Boomy

Yosumin wrote:

Blind Justice wrote:

Catch the beat

to the beat
DeletedUser_1417202

Frank- wrote:

Can I ask a question ?

Progress was made on OpenGL implementation and the upcoming game mode debut (Catch the Beat), in a private testing environment. A lot of the internals of osu! were rewritten, equaling over 4,000 lines of totally revamped code in order to make play modes more modular, so future modes could be added more easily. Due to these large changes, there was no public release this month.

(2008-10)

November saw the introduction of a brand new play mode, "Catch the Beat". OpenGL support debuted, thus allowing osu! to run on most systems. Other new features in this update packed month included in-game friend list support, private chat tabs, a new tutorial/offset wizard and osu!direct; an in-game beatmap downloader for supporters.

Due to people with large numbers of beatmaps complaining about the load time of osu!, peppy spent countless days optimising anything possible, resulting in a performance increase almost unmeasurable on a scale (let's just say somewhere over 9,000). Load times of over one minute reduced to just milliseconds.

(2008-11)

i think making CTB 2008-11 started.
He Ang CTB

Sub Class wrote:

Frank- wrote:

Can I ask a question ?

Progress was made on OpenGL implementation and the upcoming game mode debut (Catch the Beat), in a private testing environment. A lot of the internals of osu! were rewritten, equaling over 4,000 lines of totally revamped code in order to make play modes more modular, so future modes could be added more easily. Due to these large changes, there was no public release this month.

(2008-10)

November saw the introduction of a brand new play mode, "Catch the Beat". OpenGL support debuted, thus allowing osu! to run on most systems. Other new features in this update packed month included in-game friend list support, private chat tabs, a new tutorial/offset wizard and osu!direct; an in-game beatmap downloader for supporters.

Due to people with large numbers of beatmaps complaining about the load time of osu!, peppy spent countless days optimising anything possible, resulting in a performance increase almost unmeasurable on a scale (let's just say somewhere over 9,000). Load times of over one minute reduced to just milliseconds.

(2008-11)

i think making CTB 2008-11 started.
Sub Class' History Class owo
Frank-

He Ang Erika wrote:

Sub Class' History Class owo

lol xd
Fl4ndre Scarlet
Seiga
I hit a massive total of 6 Replays Watched today.
Either someone's just had to use eye bleach or I'm moving up in the world. :^)
He Ang CTB

Xia Xia wrote:

I hit a massive total of 6 Replays Watched today.
Either someone's just had to use eye bleach or I'm moving up in the world. :^)
It has to be because of your seal.mp4 replay!! XD Everybody loves cute sealssss >A<!!
Rurree
Life sucks when you have to go to the internet café to play Catch the Beat.
Momota

Rurree wrote:

sovy

Rurree wrote:

Deceitful preaches :o
koliron

Lacrimae wrote:

2 weeks into 2016 and i'm seeing several CTB maps being approved

keep it up guys!
rip
Zak

koliron wrote:

Lacrimae wrote:

keep it up guys!
rip
Yeah so much for that lmao
Sunkiss

koliron wrote:

Lacrimae wrote:

keep it up guys!
rip
:/
MBomb
Yeah, it's annoying how we went from December 2015 being the most active month in ctb mapping history to 2016 slowing down drastically. :(
JBHyperion

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Yeah, it's annoying how we went from December 2015 being the most active month in ctb mapping history to 2016 slowing down drastically. :(
Exams have played a large part in that, people have less time for modding right now so everything is just a little slower than usual. Not every month can be THE BEST EVER!!!1!1!!1!!one!.

We're still doing well, no need to get all doom and gloom ^^

Also I was sick for like a month so rip icons (^:
DeletedUser_1417202
@_@
Seiga
Still don't have a PC :(
rip my CtB dreams
Akai Tenshi

Xia Xia wrote:

rip my CtB dreams

Can you play at college?
Seiga

Akai Tenshi wrote:

Xia Xia wrote:

rip my CtB dreams

Can you play at college?
University has crappy macbooks but they are crappy
I should be getting my own laptop soon though
Ascendance
hi im still active in ctb mapping

rank my shit
DxNightwave

Ascendance wrote:

hi im still active in ctb mapping

rank my shit
XD
Ascendance
XD
Wesley
XD
iiyo
no
DeletedUser_1417202
:roll:
-Sh1n1-
:O how amazing avatar ^ Sub Class pervert~~ :3
DeletedUser_1417202

-Sh1n1- wrote:

No, i'm gentleman

+_+
He Ang CTB

Sub Class wrote:

-Sh1n1- wrote:

No, i'm gentleman

+_+
Classy Sub Class XD

Okay I need to stop making puns of Subby OTL
DeletedUser_500696
Guys I have an idea for a temp solution to the current ctb pp meta. What if you can choose which top ranks to show on your profile so you can show off your personal underrated scores and still play ctb maps without feeling pressure from others, or being called a pp farmer? Actually that's the main reason I don't play certain ctb maps, because I don't want them to supersede my personal scores that are more impressive.
He Ang CTB

-Kurisu- wrote:

Guys I have an idea for a temp solution to the current ctb pp meta. What if you can choose which top ranks to show on your profile so you can show off your personal underrated scores and still play ctb maps without feeling pressure from others, or being called a pp farmer? Actually that's the main reason I don't play certain ctb maps, because I don't want them to supersede my personal scores that are more impressive.
Awesome idea! o/ I hope this gets done whether or not there's a ppv3 XD

But if the managers have the time to implement a vastly new feature they would probably just fix the current broken system instead D:
show more