forum

Beatmap Updates

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,775
show more
MillhioreF
Unlocking and bumping this topic. Is it still assigned, after 3 and a half years?
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

peppy wrote:

after osz2 is complete
that's for 3 years wwwwww
deadbeat
ah yes. this [assigned] was actually recent :p about 11 days ago :p
Phenomz

deadbeat wrote:

ah yes. this [assigned] was actually recent :p about 11 days ago :p
Does that mean.. .osz2 is near? after years of waiting?
321jurgen
I've been waiting for this since I joined osu but it doesn't look like it'll ever get implemented. It was requested 5 years ago lol. Still giving my support.
Foneza
Still not implemented? I'm pretty surprised.
- Marco -
peppy plz ;w;
formi
Will probably come with osz v2 someday.

Kitsunemimi wrote:

+ gets rid of any "non-existent" maps.
Really don't like this part tho...
Nyxa
This is like waiting for something interesting to happen in Naruto
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
Did somebody just delete my post?
At least let people know before you go removing their posts.

I'm going to try to say this again.
It seems like this feature is a subset of the features that osz2 entails, so would it be okay to archive this thread? There doesn't seem to be any point for this thread to be here because of osz2, and it's taking up space on the board.
MilkyTaste
Adding my support for an "Update all" button somewhere. There is a refresh all beatmaps and delete all unranked so... would fit nciely
SPAS-ID
please
abraker
Sometimes the mapper updates all the difficulties besides the one that you currently selected. If you sort by artist, you can easily see that. However if you sort by difficulty like me, odds are you won't see that. Even more annoying, say the mapper added a difficulty. That won't show as an update notifications. I doubt most people would check the beatmap page to find out there is a new difficulty added. I suggest adding "update available" to the beatmapset. For multiplayer it can be optional since you just want to get on with the play and not spend time downloading that difficulty that is not even up.

Possibly even include an extra thread which quickly checks for any beatmaps that may have updates while the player is at the song select or main menu. Then "Update Available" section can be added in the Ranked Status grouping in addition to already existing "Ranked", "Pending", and "Not Submitted". Of coarse then, include an "Update all beatmaps" option in the options menu for those who are not afraid that some modded stuff they did to some beatmap(s) would be overwritten.
oliebol
I really want this "Update all" button somewhere
Rav
I have probably like 95% of all ranked maps or so, and like amost 1700 pending. I'll if update mechanism as "update all
button" will be created to at least know that i have all up to date, unless sorting changed to really precise one so i can see all with pending update as unknown, + all maps with deleted diffs that i can decide if i want to keep it with new diffs or replace entire map
Yauxo

abraker wrote:

Bumpedy Bump.

This would be really cool to have, as we nowadays have more and more pending sets with more and more difficulties on each one. Spamming "Update Beatmap", waiting 5 seconds and doing that all over for x sets gets kind of annoying.
Bara-

Yauxo wrote:

abraker wrote:

Bumpedy Bump.

This would be really cool to have, as we nowadays have more and more pending sets with more and more difficulties on each one. Spamming "Update Beatmap", waiting 5 seconds and doing that all over for x sets gets kind of annoying.
This ^^
Sunkiss
YES!!!!!
dung eater
Would be nice if there was a version info file for each beatmap. This could be checked instead of individual beatmap files by client. The version info file would keep track of difficulties uploaded (and unsubmitted if this system would be an overhaul of the current each difficulty alone tracking).
-keeps track of uploaded beatmaps for a mapset
-keeps track of owned beatmaps for a mapset
would be rly nice:
-keeps track of mp3 files
-keeps track of all other files included

Then keep track of all the version info files for beatmap-sets somewhere. (ranked maps, graveyard maps, that have been ranked/graved for a certain period could be marked FINAL, needing some override [preferably separate for rank/grave, graved ones are updated more often] to check their version to reduce load when checking)
-keeps track of latest version/info files for beatmapsets
-keeps track of owned beatmap sets being up to date

-
-
This is just a suggestion, being able to update out of date (new diff names, new diffs, new anything that isn't a remap of a diff name you own) mapsets without redl would be really nice.
Valentine
This would be so helpful
abraker
bump
ErZiEr
Need this feature :( (Bump)
Sleepteiner
An "Update All" button would be very helpful to me. The main thing that I do in osu! is farm SS ranks. Sometimes, when the leader boards of a map take a long time to load, I don't realize that the map needs an update. Because of that, the score does not submit and I have to get an SS rank on that map again after I have updated it. This is only a mild inconvenience, but it would still be nice if the "Update All' button is added.
Modorenai
Instead of update all, there should be an option for "Update beatmap set" when you right-click on one of the difficulties on the mapset

abraker wrote:

GREEKVIRUs1
Bump
Narasuki
Bump!
Fleru
wish this will be implemented
ShompiFlen

Yauxo wrote:

abraker wrote:

Bumpedy Bump.

Fleru wrote:

wish this will be implemented

Years and years has passed but still don't get that button owo
pykolas
So... where is this button?
oliebol
coming with lazer(tm) I guess? xD
EatingPanda
so how long will it take xD its been 11 years
Lay
Surprised to find that this isn't available yet, but entirely possible that it's a feature still on the list.
Lazer has been such a massive resource hauler that alot of the focus is on there. Still with 4000+ maps that need manually updating, dont mind me searching anyone for an "Update All" and ending up here
Huyen Den
Yes, I really need it now in 2023, I have 25733 ranked maps ( 233 GB ) on my disk and don't have enough energy to update each unupdated beatmap :3
Glynyc
Please, I need this.