Total Posts
Topic Starter
Matutetute
So far I've read people say:

-when you hit 5k rank
-when you hit 15k rank
-when you can FC 5* maps consistently
-when your top 15 plays are 200+ pp

Is there a definite / correct answer for this?
Mahogany
I usually say 10k+, or FCing 5* maps.
-Makishima S-
3,1k pp, slowly getting used into 5* = "what are mods? plenty of nomod maps to fc left"

I say - when you run out of nomod maps to play.
N0thingSpecial
you're always welcomed to use SO in your plays, it deflates your plays and you can rekt people in multi while they wonder why a 30k is reking 10k people
Yuudachi-kun
4500pp

When you've exhausted many 5.3-5.9* nomods
Jellyfish McGub
WHENEVER YOU WANT. JUST PLAY MORE
Topic Starter
Matutetute
Thanks

Also, another question: lets say I want to learn HR. Should I then fully dedicate to playing HR, or should I play nomod as well?
chainpullz
Whenever the fuck you feel like it. Just know that DT spikes in difficulty a bit above 5*, HR on tv-sizes is for bitches, HR'ing stuff below 4.5* will only really teach you how to acc and mostly only acc'ing singles and triples at that, and HR'ing anything below od7 is pretty pointless.

Oh, and hidden is only worth learning if you care about having your name on scoreboards. It's much easier to acc/aim without it so it's somewhat detrimental to pp farming. The amount of time it takes to pick up is better spent learning how to play harder maps if pp is all you care about.
Mahogany
Hidden also negatively impacts your overall improvement since you get much less feedback as to why you missed

Vary it up so you don't get overspecialized
LoliPantsu
when you have 8000 pp from just nomod
Kunino Sagiri
Acctilt on DT/HR is too strong. It takes a few ms worth of nervousness and fatigue to net you a pattern full of 100s or a few misses so it's hard to know whether you really can 99+% or bad acc FC a particular map you claim you can do until you retry it a lot.
- Milhofo -
Whenever you want, I play for two years and haven't learned hr yet because I don't like it. If you start really soon you can always progress later, just don't stop playing what you already know how to play.
I Give Up

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

WHENEVER YOU WANT. JUST PLAY MORE
[Momo]
I started recently cause i sucked at no mod ... so much easyer to acc and aim on dt but thats just me i guess
N0thingSpecial

[Momo] wrote:

I started recently cause i sucked at no mod ... so much easyer to acc and aim on dt but thats just me i guess
Dirty Farmer.
The Actor
Depends.

I can do both HR and DT, however I would NEVER say I am good on them.

DT will help you short-term, but it will completely buttfuck your reading once you play DT everyday.

HR will also buttfuck your reading if all you do is just click a circle the first second it comes out. I.E tapping and praying

I personally think that nomod is probably the best choice until you hit the 4 digit range, and after that you might want to consider using HR/DT (pls dt daidai ss for 230~250pp i think).
DeathHydra
Use mods when you're bored of nomods
N0thingSpecial
Honestly I started using mods so I can see myself in country charts, and to beat people in the friend ranking chart