forum

BloodCat Trawler, osu! beatmap auto-downloader

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GreyFace
BloodCat Trawler downloads files of a specific filter from the osu! beatmap mirror BloodCat. BloodCat hosts files that the primary osu! database does not, as such it can be preferable for some users. This tool attempts to make it easier to download multiple files from that service without the need for other workarounds

You can grab the latest version at the release download page or view the source on GitHub.

Download Page

View Source

👌
SmoreJoy
Woah dude, this is really freaking cool. Do you think you could add a star rating feature to this though? Finding high star maps is still a pain in the ass and i'd rather just download them all and filter through them in the client.

What you've done already is incredibly helpful though, nice work!
Topic Starter
GreyFace

WEIRD FACE wrote:

Woah dude, this is really freaking cool. Do you think you could add a star rating feature to this though? Finding high star maps is still a pain in the ass and i'd rather just download them all and filter through them in the client.

What you've done already is incredibly helpful though, nice work!
Unfortunately BloodCat hosts songs in album form and I don't believe it is possible to download individual song files anyway, it could technically be possible to do some kind of filtering to remove albums of low rank songs but that would require quite a few internal changes. I don't think you have to worry about masses of low rank maps however, most albums seem to contain a variety.

It might be possible to filter star rank through the search terms as you can do things like "4k" and it works fine, I don't know the ones that BloodCat supports on hand.
titanick
hey there, this is really cool! awesome for downloading maps if I'm trying out another mode.

Just a few things:

My download speed seems to be way slower if I download from bloodcat/osu website. Is there a reason or is it just a problem on my side?

Can you set some options to download with/without video? that would be great.

Thanks for making this!
Topic Starter
GreyFace

titanick wrote:

hey there, this is really cool! awesome for downloading maps if I'm trying out another mode.

Just a few things:

My download speed seems to be way slower if I download from bloodcat/osu website. Is there a reason or is it just a problem on my side?

Can you set some options to download with/without video? that would be great.

Thanks for making this!
BloodCat does not support with and without video downloads like the default osu! database does, as for download speed, BloodCat is a slow service, the nature of this program should allow you to just leave it open in the background even whilst running osu!, it will not cause any problems in that regard.
321jurgen
Please take a look at https://bitbucket.org/osudev/osu-cli
It has a lot of great features you could implement.
Best of luck with your program :)
Syden
It seems to be downloading the songs to temp in appdata, and then not removing them. Only discovered after my C: drive had 0 bytes left for some bizzare reason.
Topic Starter
GreyFace

Syden wrote:

It seems to be downloading the songs to temp in appdata, and then not removing them. Only discovered after my C: drive had 0 bytes left for some bizzare reason.
I did not think storage would be an issue since temp clears itself on restart and you are intending to download the songs to disk anyway, I suppose with the use of other drives it might become a problem. Files now delete themselves from temp in the latest update.
-Lunatic
Would be cool if we could delete or ban multiple songs from download list. Sometimes i don't like an song, delete it from osu then Trawler download it again >.<
SHADOWCRI
thanks man :D
Tamara-kun

GreyFace wrote:

BloodCat Trawler downloads files of a specific filter from the osu! beatmap mirror BloodCat. BloodCat hosts files that the primary osu! database does not, as such it can be preferable for some users. This tool attempts to make it easier to download multiple files from that service without the need for other workarounds

You can grab the latest version at the release download page or view the source on GitHub.

Download Page

View Source

👌
natgeo2
broken? was working a few weeks ago
[Lethal]

natgeo2 wrote:

It's been working for me just fine, although I don't use it very much.
natgeo2

[Lethal] wrote:

natgeo2 wrote:

It's been working for me just fine, although I don't use it very much.
Every time I hit start it flashes "one or more errors" and wont download anything
Jellyblob
Yeah, seems to have been broken for a while now. Hopefully it gets fixed.
RokuonjiKaoruko
Somebody Tutorial Plz how To Put Osu Path And What Is That Name File
Nathanael
  • Notice
    This tool no longer works thanks to a captcha now required with the bloodcat website.
    Thanks to everyone who used this tool!

Source: README.md
natgeo2
rip

fuk