forum

Rank/Time playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VioletSpire
Hi peeps !

I wanted to know your rank and how much months/years you played mania.
(Also, is mine good for 4 months ?)
Thanks !
abraker

VioletSpire wrote:

Hi peeps !

I wanted to know your rank and how much months/years you played mania.
(Also, is mine good for 4 months ?)
Thanks !
You can go on players' profiles and see what rank they are. Through some data compilation and analysis, you should be able to to figure out what the rank for time played is.

Ofc, you are prob just an average player who can probably care less about the technical stuff. Here is a rough estimate based on what I have seen given the player plays mania regularly as of Feb 2016. These are not accurate such that they maybe off by a good amount, but should give you a general idea on what time to expect tou should spend to reach a certain rank.
Top 100: 10+ years
Top 500: 5+ years
Top 1000: 2.5+ years
Top 5000: 1 year
Top 10,000: 6 months
Top 50,000: 3 months
Top 100,000: 1 month
Top 500,000: <1 week
Top 1,000,000: 1 day?
Pope Gadget

abraker wrote:

oh
damn i gotta wait about 6 years in order to not screw up the trend
Yonk_
I should be top 5000 if we take into account my time on osu!mania alone, top 500 if we take into account stepmania years :P

but wait I can't 7k ._.
Topic Starter
VioletSpire
Thanks guys !
abraker

Pope Gadget wrote:

abraker wrote:

oh
No, you are just special :D

Thats no trend, just a guess. Ofc I did little research prior to writing this
Vuelo Eluko
top 100 is cutthroat as fuck, you can drop like 2 ranks in the span of an hour. no 'average player' is ever going to reach it unless they take it to the next level dedication wise and just constantly set good scores.

edit: wait this in the mania subforum, just throw on your hax and talk about how you come from o2jam or whatever
Bobbias

abraker wrote:

Yeah, I wish. I've been playing for ~13 years, and I'm still only 2.2k, and I topped out at 800 around a year ago.
abraker

Bobbias wrote:

abraker wrote:

Yeah, I wish. I've been playing for ~13 years, and I'm still only 2.2k, and I topped out at 800 around a year ago.
Have you been playing 7k from the start?
PyaKura

Pope Gadget wrote:

abraker wrote:

oh
wish i could upvote
Jinjin
Played for 2 years and 1 month (25 months), rank #140 now. I had no rhythm game experience prior to osu!mania.

(I guess I'm one of those people that improve pretty fast :p)
AncuL
played for VERY VERY roughly 3 years, still #370
teach me jinjin-sama
Evening
played for 10 years+ on and off, one thing that i've learnt is that the first years of VSRG before i played osu! helped me to play until 2* maps (as in doing S ranks), it really depends on what kind of maps you get exposed to anyways.

Playing for long periods of time of course helps you improve but improving significantly has to take into account what maps you play.

Taking 5* maps as a rough gauge (well, star rating isn't all that accurate anyways but it is more relevant in this context), you'll probably reach that stage of S-ing most of them after 2.5 years if we consider you play maps that are challenging and fresh at the same time (enough to help you improve),
this also a rough gauge,
everything is a rough gauge,
enjoy pls game

ps: try to get into the multiplayer lobbies that are suited for your level+key, they get you exposed to more maps, try to find lobbies which are playing non-ranked maps since they are less popular and there should be a strong reason on why they chose these over ranked maps ya.

playstation: converts are really useful on the higher-end of the skill spectrum, you will find that you will run out of maps to play even though you consistently find lobbies (high-level lobbies are hard to find), so here's a link to converts if you'd like: t/399593

yea pretty much some tips on how to increase your Skill Gain/s
Bobbias

abraker wrote:

Have you been playing 7k from the start?
I began playing 7k sometime around 2007 with o2jam. My 4k experience goes back to stepmania, which I played until I found o2jam. I quit playing stepmania a few months into o2jam because I found it too hard to keep my skill in both games. Then I flat out refused to play 4k for probably a year and a half after osu!mania was released as well, so that time was not split between 4k and 7k at all.
Laure
been playing osu!mania for around 1 year, been hovering around rank ~1600-1700 for a few months now. i mostly play 4-key because i started with stepmania a few months before o!m.

i've been practicing 7k on and off for the past 3 months and can currently play lower 3* maps without an issue
edisk
Played osu!mania for around 1.5-2years now. Currently ranked around 950~1000. Only other rhythm game I've played before osu!mania was LLSIF. Started out with 7k when I first played osu!mania and I literally got some headaches for the first week or 2.
nadavv
im on the lower tier of the rankings but i only played mania for 50 days or so. my rank is 20k and before mania i played a flash game called "super crazy guitar maniac deluxe 1-4"
ReTLoM
i play now around 1.5 years now strait 7k i almost have no score on 4kmaps the one in my top list i got by some multiplayer games where i dont pay attention ... :( and im now ~#7000 but im old & slow /(°!°)\ can only A the most 7k 4.5 star maps on a good day....
EtienneXC
It does not take 10 years to become top 100 lmao. Maybe 5-6 but 10 is wayyyy too long, unless you're playing multiple other rhythm games too. Top 100 is also way too misleading to begin with because rank doesn't really say much in mania because it's so revolved around 7k.

Tbh, don't really worry about rank. It makes people think too much about their own skillset and could guide them the wrong way, especially if they want to enjoy the game more.
lemonguy
Took me a year and a half to reach top 100, but that lasted only 3 minutes because I decided to pass TLDNE with a really bad score. Been at least top 300 for I think a year now. I used to play this game like it is my job though, don't be like me, pls enjoy game
gintoki147
Been playing for a year and a half, still can't play songs harder than 4* 7k. =P
I don't play a lot though
Rhonin
Been playing o!m as my first rythm game for 7 months, now residing in the lower #2K rank.
I'm horrible at 7k tough >_>
MostDakka
been playing mania for 8 months on and off now i'm ~13k rank. 4k only. I play 7k for like a month now and can do 2.5* at best.
-Maus-
I don't even know how to count my play time orz
Considering that the first year of my account's existence was me being totally inactive, I guess I've been here for 2 years
1000-1100's for now, I'm better at 7k than I am at 4k (5-6 and sometimes higher on 7k, while 4k's 5.5* maps can make me fail) rip
abraker
Jole

abraker wrote:

Using rank as a measure over such a long period of time doesn't work that well. PP is probably a bit better to use, but that's certainly not a viable measure either, since a new ranked map can cause a big boost without any skill improvement.

Why is rank not a good measure over a long period of time? Well...

I was rank 666 quite a while ago and now I'm at almost the exact same rank while I'm not too far away from double the amount of pp as well as big skill improvements.

This whole thing with "x rank after y years" is mostly just spewing out nonsense since the ranking system doesn't directly show skill. I'm sorry to bring the negative ~vibes~ but someone's gotta say it -u-
abraker

Jole wrote:

Using rank as a measure over such a long period of time doesn't work that well. PP is probably a bit better to use, but that's certainly not a viable measure either, since a new ranked map can cause a big boost without any skill improvement. This whole thing with "x rank after y years" is mostly just spewing out nonsense since the ranking system doesn't directly show skill.
Agreed, but we got what we got and have to deal with it for now
-Maus-
It's not like the pp system is just as flawed and needs a revamp
abraker

Transformau5 wrote:

SR needs to be fixed before pp can be fixed
-Maus-
Afaik works on the SR revamp are being done
Jole

Transformau5 wrote:

Jole wrote:

PP is probably a bit better to use, but that's certainly not a viable measure either
In other words, just determine your skill with subjective opinions

- u -
-Maus-
Shh
Still, I'd rather measure one's skill by their high scores rather than using their pp or ever-changing rank
Bobbias
As far as I understand it, work on PP has more or less stalled for the time being, although it was at least started a while ago.
Nason
Ive only been playing for 2 weeks. Im in the top 30k and can hold a pretty hefty combo on 3-4 star maps on 4k.
Grek69
1 year in osu!mania and play only 4k cuz im a fgt ^^.
Currently around rank #2k-#2.5k