forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
freedg
Way back in elementary school (probably 6th grade) our class had an art project to make a sort of name tag to display outside the room, and I think it had to be a nickname or at least something that meant something to you. It was nearing the end of the time given to think of an idea, and I basically said whatever, and decided that I use the first thing that came to my mind that wasn't a word, which was freed (yes I know freed is a real word, I figured that a little while later). There isn't any actual meaning behind the world, just thought of a random word. The g is from the first letter of my last name.
Cloudx5
I have 5 cats, one of which is called cloud (the stupid one so he's not really classed as a cat)
Toine
It is my own first name! So it was easy to remember login details. Turns out you dont even have to login all the time since it will just automaticaly connect. But hey its also easy for people to recognize me since its so simple.
Runiel
Runiel = Ruby (From the series 'RWBY') + Daniel (My real name)

And the Vermell is just there because why the heck not.
Pawsu

CanadianPaws wrote:

so. i'm canadian. and one day i was like hey, i'm gonna try to make a cool username.
so i used canadian, and just added paws. cause paws are cute

now i kind of regret it...but y'know, whatever B)
Kinda just went with Pawsu. Got it originally from drum/#osu in general I think...Lol
/me changes names to CanadianPawsu
Tornado
Some years ago,I decided to make a nickname and the best think I could think was: TornadoWing

Reasons?Its too long,I wont explain :P Why would you get interested to learn it?

4 months ago My nickname was TheLastOne12 which was also my FPS Game nickname.No matter how random that name looked,I liked it a lot and it had too much meaning but I really hated when people were calling me "The" People were so idiot that they didn"t call me : "Last" So after I bought my supporter tag I wanted to change it to: TornadoWing

But I"ve also seen that the simple "Tornado" wasnt taken :D So I claimed it immideatly before anyone else does xD
Danshi_old_1
+Danshi!!
vizzy
I used to be a huge Bleach fan, so my MAL name is Vizard. Several years ago I started up an IRC channel and one of the regulars called me "vizzy," short for Vizard. It pretty much stuck ever since then.
coolguy23_old
Was thinking of an awesome name to use when playing Counter Strike with friends. then it just kinda stuck with me.
EXoR
Thought the great Excalibur sword, since it would be probably already be in use in many places, i tried to be creative and got from Excalibur to Excarius.
mokyu
󠀡
Restore
The dictionary
TeeArctic1
One fateful day I decided that I needed a proper alias online. That the days of self-loathing due to names I made as 9 years old would come to an end.

Thus, I sat down and I thinked aahard about it.

I live up north, close to the arctic circle. So I decided, I would include Arctic in my name. I was also from Norway, which has a history of Vikings. Thus came the tragedy that was xXArcticVikingXx...Keep in mind that I was only 11 or 12 at this time.

Sometime after I started using this horrible name, I made an account in an MMO, can't remember which one. I made my character and joined a guild. Nobody bothered to type my full name, so they just called me Arctic. Simple and precise. After that they decided to introduce me as 'The Arctic One' to new guildmates. Which then became 'The Arctic 1', which due to a misspell then became TeeArctic1. And I liked it. So therefore, my name is now TeeArctic1. Were I ever to have multiple accounts, my second would probably be named TeeArcticToo.
FINGERLOCK
I ate a raspberry while playing Counter-Strike:Global Offensive

i went 40/3/3 in a comp game after eating it

end of story
Shiyzo
Book "Erebos" by Ursula Poznanski. It's my favourite book, and I took the name Shiyzo from there. I just love it.
SonOfAMedic
My dad is a paramedic. :P
walkro
Runescape, lmfao. It was first suggested to me as Walkrobeart and it kinda stuck with me as I played different games. I sometimes play with shortened versions of my username like this one... Walkro or walkrooh. I also found out not to long ago Walkro comes from a company that produces rice somewhere in Germany... So that's that. I found it kinda funny cause I'm Asian and like.... You know... Username and the company... I'll stop lmao. :o
Yona
Ryu Sei
I don't have an idea. The name is suddenly appears in my mind after obtaining my very first supporter tag.
Safyire
I did a thing where I took the word "sapphire" and screwed it up so bad it looks good

Pokemon Sapphire is my #1 favorite game of all time aside from osu! and I thought a regular word like "sapphire" was too bland. So I...butchered the spelling?

Still ticks me off how people pronounce my username like "say-fy-yur" and not like, the word it actually came from.
flevy
Zero no Tsukaima

ha who would've known before i told ya.
Nordast
A water/ghost type Pokemon called Frillish.

I just added the "ite"
lol
Headpats
Anime
lol
laughing out loud
Eloc
My username comes from a really long time ago. Me and my friend Cole were having fun together on the playground and decided to make up an imaginary animal called the Eloc(Cole backwards.) my name is sometimes Eloc360(don't know where I came up with the 360 I probably just thought it sounded cool when I was younger lol.
RemiFlan
Remilia and Flandre Scarlet.
Rennie
Eric is my real name, but ''Skill'' sounds like ''Skull '' but more tender haha, anyway I want to change my user :(
Hisoka Yuuji
My name is a combination,the names of my favourite anime characters! They represent me in a way,crazy but collected.
One from Hunter X Hunter,Hisoka and the other is from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu,Sakamoto Yuuji.

SPOILER
I am a programmer of course I am crazy!
LegendaryTizona
Mine is the name of a the sword said to be used by El Cid from the Spanish legend :)
Rurree
Original name was - R u r i -, I got it from Oreimo's Gokou Ruri.

Just changed the spelling to make it a bit more original.

I kinda regret this username though, it's too girly.
Birdy
Stole it from my favourite artist, also fits as a shortened version of my old username.
Chrollo
rosaamarillo
from a football club
Seiga
Tower of God
LohaTrons
Killer29 wasn't very original ... didn't feel like being the 29th killer ...

Also it feels weird typing that username since its been 4 years when i last used it

Current username ... idk ... my brain thought of it ... and i was like "okay"
Lacrimae
some latin word which translates to "tears"
picked it up because it sounded nice
1-NightStandoff
I used to roll with the name "FluffyBunny" hence the avatar.
One Night Standoff is just an interesting play on words. and the future name of my band :P
Xeiiryuu
My name is Xeii
and Ryuu is Dragon in Japanese.
The dragons in Japanese are said to be associated with water and heavens they also bring storms and end times of droughts.
i love dragons because they are cool and intimidating.
I add them up and make up "Xeiiryuu"
Sky Shaymin
uhh i've had 4

ChryssyX3 was a name that people called me for some reason. I dunno how "Chryssy" came from Evan but ok.

Keldy from Keldeo. Got called this in a Gmod server.

Asriel_ because Undertale sucks is a decent game worth playing

Glacia is the Japanese name for Glaceon (I'm sorry to whoever I took this from ;_;)
Chaaoos
Magic

LOL I'm joking I just generated it on a website
show more