forum

New way to build speed/stamina for both streaming and ST

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eliolias
So I've never posted on forums before so i don't know what I'm doing, but lets say i created a way that can allow you to train your muscles in your fingers/hand/wrist all at the same time to develop better speed and stamina for both single tapping and streaming in osu! I'm posting to see about who would be interested in my creation
Houtarou Oreki
Seems interesting, I'd be
Topic Starter
eliolias
i can send some test versions out to some people to get feedback that way
Ghost Snail
How about you describe it a little more? Right now it can be pretty much anything. I think anyone that wants to improve would be interested at least to some degree, so there is no reason to hide basic information about it. At least that's my opinion.
How does it work or how is it supposed to train all these skills?
I'd be interested to try it, though, as long as it is allowed, etc. Please don't see this as an accusation, right now it's just hard to tell, what it is. :)
Topic Starter
eliolias
i understand that its hard to tell but if it's worth developing then i dont want any person jacking the idea and claiming it as their own
Ghost Snail
If you make a proper topic here people will go to that one. I never came across a stolen project here. The only thing coming close is an abandoned one that was polished and improved. If someone should do that and not give you credit for the idea, you can post in their topic and maybe work on it in the future, together, or it possibly can get removed/locked for a stolen idea (I don't know about that, but I see it as possible).
There is always a possibility of things being stolen. Let us try to think of it in real life. Imagine the light bulb being put away, so that the idea doesn't get stolen. We wouldn't have them and once the idea got taken (by multiple people, to be fair), it only got improved. Edison himself only improved it to the standard we have now.
I think I'm starting to derail here.
You can always comment and let people know or contact any of the mods. They can look up this topic and compare dates. ^^ In my eyes this fear of theft is pointless. I can understand it, though. At least here stealing is hard and I don't really see much use of it besides of osu!. I mean, where else would you need to mash two buttons fast and consistent for some time. :D
Such a program could help a lot of people and so it sounds great. I really hope you decide to make it public. ^^
Yolshka
Very interested in building speed, looking forward to it.
Sayorie
Can it be helpful at all levels? I mean, could it help someone with a limit at 160 BPM and also someone with a limit at 220 BPM?
RaneFire
Not to be condescending of your hard work or anything, but I don't think your fear of theft is justified. People post their thoughts and develop ideas on these forums all the time. It's a community. Most players are happy to give advice and share things they have been thinking about.

On the topic of developing ideas, I'd like to point out that experience is key, and most players will take advice from better players, because of their experience, not because of the idea. It's because they have the experience/skill to attest its effectiveness. A method in theory is just a theory. I've done plenty of my own theorycrafting and found many holes in supposedly watertight theories. This game is complex at the learning level, but simple in practice. That's why the best advice on these forums at any level is just "play more™".

The best way to improve at it this game... from my perspective (mostly observing other people) is to have a friend who started at the same time as you, plays just as much as you, and has the same determination to figure things out. And then you share your experiences with each other. If one friend starts to get ahead, he'll tell the other friend what he did, and visa versa. This means that whatever discoveries they make are useful at their level of play, instead of being a theory targeted at players who fit a certain criteria or "pp range" (lol). You cannot know where to go, without knowing where you have come from.

There's also mountains of threads in here, so saying you found something "new under the sun" regarding one of the most talked/posted about topics in G&R is kinda naive, especially if you don't give any information about it. Building up suspense is more likely to backfire later.

It's been a while since I've posted on the forums, but with all that said, I would be interested in reviewing your idea and providing feedback... if you want.
Purple

eliolias wrote:

i understand that its hard to tell but if it's worth developing then i dont want any person jacking the idea and claiming it as their own
lol
gregest
you build speed by playing fast maps and you build stamina by playing fast stream maps, there is no need for any special method
Clappy
just put the tm after the name or you could take the alternative route of playing more, but thats ridiculous
Yuudachi-kun
I built speed and stamina from playing maps like everything will freeze, delrio, this calling, that tenkuu 222 bpm map, the deceit, and warpledge

You're welcome

LOOK, STAMINA ERMAGERD I JUST PLAYED STREAMS TO GET IT

PinkNightmares
Sounds sketchy af.
E m i
musculus
Topic Starter
eliolias
alright then if i shouldnt be afraid of any idea theft then what i built is a mechanism that you....i guess you could say "attach" to your hand and play osu like normal but it works with higher levels of resistance so it will cut your warmup times by a lot and can be used to train your muscles to be stronger so you would have to play a map like time freeze for a month to get finger strength/speed/stamina. I have been testing my device since i built it and it definitely works. It makes tower of heaven burn a hell of a lot more than time freeze, and the same goes for single tapping. I trained with this thing on for a half an hour and then i took it off and played a Single tap map that i have never been able to pass and i passed it first try and surprised myself at how much speed improved with little training. Same goes for streaming. I would be more than happy to send out test versions to people to get more feedback and how to make it better and stuff along those lines, and if enough people are interested i would love to bring it to the public.
Topic Starter
eliolias
and yes it will help improve at all levels, but this can only be used in a physical sense for your hand, it does not help with reading Higher AR or anything like that. I also forgot to mention it's very easy to put on your keyboard and take off of your keyboard, and extremely easy to put your hand in and take your hand out
A1R
You're talking about a device you can attach to your hand to help with warm-ups? Which acts as a resistor for finger joints?
I don't see how this would improve speed/stamina or i'm clearly getting a wrong picture.
Topic Starter
eliolias
nono the point of it isnt to help with warmups, but it can cut your warmup time a lot more as it will warmup your muscles a lot faster
Topic Starter
eliolias
the device itself doesnt help with speed/stamina when you use it, it improves your speed/stamina when you dont have it on
Matutetute
could you make a video showcasing it or something?
Yuudachi-kun

eliolias wrote:

the device itself doesnt help with speed/stamina when you use it, it improves your speed/stamina when you dont have it on

It's working for me right now
Topic Starter
eliolias
http://puu.sh/nfsyn/651d81f346.jpg For now as you can see in the picture i makeshifted this with a bunch of crap and am using rubber bands, but in the future if i develop this more i would use a wire mechanism in which the user would be able to adjust the tension applied to your fingers
Clappy

eliolias wrote:

http://puu.sh/nfsyn/651d81f346.jpg For now as you can see in the picture i makeshifted this with a bunch of crap and am using rubber bands, but in the future if i develop this more i would use a wire mechanism in which the user would be able to adjust the tension applied to your fingers
Everybody point and laugh
Jellyfish McGub

Khelly wrote:

eliolias wrote:

It's working for me right now
i lol'd so hard
I Give Up
play more
Jellyfish McGub
does attaching a rubber band to your finger really work?

i might have to bust out my old k'nex in the garage
pandaBee
Try clicking circles longer and faster.
LoliPantsu
hi mr miyagi
LoliPantsu

eliolias wrote:

omg i used to have those when i was a kid i forgot what they were called
ZenithPhantasm
N0thingSpecial
cool cool but I think I'll stick to my dragon force
RaneFire

eliolias wrote:

Hey, if it works for you... great.

But as seen in the image that Zenny posted at the top of this page, it is the extensor muscles that matter more in my opinion. There are very few ways to train them, as opposed to the many ways to train finger grip strength. The real stream speed cap for me is the speed at which I can lift my fingers. I also know of 2 players in my country who opted for black switches (higher resistance, but aids with lifting) and became very fast (225bpm+), so that kind of reinforces what I was thinking. Your rubber band contraption achieves a similar thing. Not to derail into switch talk tho...
Yuudachi-kun

RaneFire wrote:

very fast (225bpm+),
AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHARHAHAHAHAHA

Change that to 270 because 225 is on the low end of actual fast maps.
Omega_iG
ahaha, great
Topic Starter
eliolias
Go ahead and laugh I made it when bored but it works pretty damn good and I don't have to play annoying DragonForce and you can use it while playing the game instead of anything else that you others posted
Topic Starter
eliolias
I see improvements daily from using this
RaneFire

Khelly wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

very fast (225bpm+),
AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHARHAHAHAHAHA

Change that to 270 because 225 is on the low end of actual fast maps.
My standards don't change just because there's tons of fast maps these days. Tell me that when you can get 99% accuracy at those speeds. But oh wait, DT doesn't care about acc... PP is all that matters... sorry, forgot.

i.e. to each his own. I'm talking about accurate streaming.
show more