forum

osu!next Skin (Janko's Interpretation) [All Modes || SD/HD]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Janko

Welcome. Many people can't wait for the implementation of osu!next. Me too, so I decided to try to reproduce a skin. I had only what was shown on the http://next.ppy.sh and my creativity.

This skin includes ALL game modes

Preferred format image: 16:9

!! If you play on stable(fallback) version you must change valufe in skin.ini HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer: 0 on 1

Changelog
19-02-2016
Start
20-02-2016
  1. Changed: HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer: 0 (because numbers disappears)
  2. Edited: buttlon-left.png, button-middle.png and button-right.png
  3. Edited: spinner-warning.png (and the same file with @2x)
22-02-2016
  1. Added: ranking-maxcombo.png, ranking-accuracy.png and ranking-title.png (and the same files with @2x)
  2. Added: Folder "bonus" with hitcircle.png, hitcircleoverlay.png (and the same files with @2x) and readme.txt (All information in this file)
24-02-2016
  1. Added: selection-tab.png.
  2. Fixed: Updated screenshots.
15-04-2016
  1. Added: Animation circles (hitcircleoverlay-*.png).
  2. Edited: scorebar-bg.png (and the same files with @2x) (view)
    If you want I can add your nick in this grey area under hp-bar
  3. Added: "ctb" folder with Yuzu catcher if you want change default Ryuuta

Interface
Song Select and Modes

Mods - Std, CtB, Taiko

Mods - Mania

Skip button

Pause Screen

Ranking Screen

Standard
Spinner

Gameplay

Taiko
Gameplay

CatchTheBeat
Gameplay

osu!mania
4k Gameplay

7k Gameplay

Huge thanks to PerhapsSomeone, SitekX, streeteelf, Tidek and -Kamikaze- for the replays used in the preview skin.

Thanks to XyloDG for recording Spinner preview.

I will be grateful for any feedback/suggestions.
Feerum
Looks Amazing!

Will try it later.
Also the prev video, really cool idea to make it like one play switching modes.
Really aweseome. Good work!
Kamikaze
gr8 skin I r8 80/8
Lyawi
niiiice!! :o
Fukita
Please upload it on puush or dropbox next time. Some of my norwegian friends, can't download the skin, because they can't enter Mega.
Topic Starter
Janko

Fukita wrote:

Please upload it on puush or dropbox next time. Some of my norwegian friends, can't download the skin, because they can't enter Mega.
ok. Updated
Marchwiak
Amazing Work! :O
_underjoy
Looks awesome.
PerhapsSomeone
<3 luv
_Indeketsu

Fukita wrote:

I'm curious, why people can't open MEGA in Norway??
_Indeketsu
Good skin!!
Topic Starter
Janko

Feerum wrote:

Looks Amazing!

Will try it later.
Also the prev video, really cool idea to make it like one play switching modes.
Really aweseome. Good work!

-Kamikaze- wrote:

gr8 skin I r8 80/8

Tati wrote:

niiiice!! :o

Marchwiak wrote:

Amazing Work! :O

_underjoy wrote:

Looks awesome.

PerhapsSomeone wrote:

<3 luv

tonystarks2 wrote:

Good skin!!

patocoach
Amazing skin, I liked that. It looks really similar to the osu!next concept. Great job Janko!
Fukita

tonystarks2 wrote:

Fukita wrote:

I'm curious, why people can't open MEGA in Norway??
It's because MEGA has some programs that causes viruses. To be save, they blocked it in Norway.

That's what an norwegian guy said to me.

And for the skin:

Please put this into the skin.ini: "HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer: 0" because the number disappears, when an circle appears.

But still, it's an great skin, I like it :D
EDXVA
HELLO WORLD
maybe I'm weird but i don't like this skin(on std and taiko) probably poor English

Standard: 7.5/10
-i don't like the think 300's are visible;
-spinner looks EPIC but its very hard to spin;
-TOO MUCH BLUE;
-hitcircles are not transparent;
-hitsounds :/

Taiko 7/10
-red hitcircles looks similar to blue makes them hard to read :/

Catch the Beat 9.3/10
- You can change the small "fruit" between large fruits that they were also in a circle too

osu!Mania 9.8/10 (I was even willing to give ten points but I'm not too good at mania so I'm not sure if the skin is seriously good)
-according to me, a zero minuses
+Hitsound are good

Interface 11/10 <3
-CLICK Mother of God it looks terribly ugly
+the pink bar at the bottom looks cute, interesting would happen if the black piece out of it disappeared ;)
+hitsounds <3

Summary
Generally, skin is cool and you spend a lot of time to make it, however, is a few things to improve.
Only std=8/10 all modes=9/10 cursor=10/10
Topic Starter
Janko

Fukita wrote:

And for the skin:

Please put this into the skin.ini: "HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer: 0" because the number disappears, when an circle appears.
I was looking for this! Thanks
Topic Starter
Janko

DrwalPolska wrote:

HELLO WORLD
maybe I'm weird but i don't like this skin(on std and taiko) probably poor English

Standard: 7.5/10
-i don't like the think 300's are visible;
-spinner looks EPIC but its very hard to spin;
-TOO MUCH BLUE;
-hitcircles are not transparent;
-hitsounds :/

Taiko 7/10
-red hitcircles looks similar to blue makes them hard to read :/

Catch the Beat 9.3/10
- You can change the small "fruit" between large fruits that they were also in a circle too

osu!Mania 9.8/10 (I was even willing to give ten points but I'm not too good at mania so I'm not sure if the skin is seriously good)
-according to me, a zero minuses
+Hitsound are good

Interface 11/10 <3
-CLICK Mother of God it looks terribly ugly
+the pink bar at the bottom looks cute, interesting would happen if the black piece out of it disappeared ;)
+hitsounds <3

Summary
Generally, skin is cool and you spend a lot of time to make it, however, is a few things to improve.
Only std=8/10 all modes=9/10 cursor=10/10
Thanks for opinion. Unfortunately, in the majority I can't do anything because it is all about mapping a skin and as it was on the screens, so I was trying to do... Buuut I changed this CLICK. Even today I update.

troche po polszemu
300 dałem do skina ponieważ domyślny skin powinien je mieć. To czy ktoś lubi albo nie nie zależy ode mnie. Kwestia preferencji gracza. Nic nie stoi na przeszkodzie by dana osoba to usunęła.

Hitsoundy są w większości domyślne bo ja sie nie znam na tym za bardzo xD zresztą ja interpretowałem tego skina jako "nowego domyślnego" więc uznałem że tak będzie dobrze.

Co do taiko. Trudno by kołka wyglądały inaczej. Muszą być podobne. Pod tym względem skinowanie taiko jest upośledzone xD

Co do spinnera uważam inaczej. Jestem z niego bardzo dumny bo wygląda zajebiście moim zdaniem xDD Do tego wygodnie się na nim gra. Oczywiście według mnie

Z ctb... Szczerze to nie wiem o co ci chodzi :|

Podsumowując... Tak jak pisałem wcześniej. Za wiele nie zmienie bo tu chodzi o odwzorowanie skina. Mogę zmienić tylko to co było wytworem mojej pomysłowości i to co nie wpłynie znacząco na wygląd.
GeorgeK
I really like this skin however I feel that there should be more colour. osu! has always been a very colourful game and you've made the whole thing black and blue. I mean basing the whole colour scheme off of what you saw in the teaser is silly considering the colours could change based on combo set.

But yeh, its great. I'm just gunna try make it change colours myself :)
EDXVA

Janko wrote:

300 dałem do skina ponieważ domyślny skin powinien je mieć. To czy ktoś lubi albo nie nie zależy ode mnie. Kwestia preferencji gracza. Nic nie stoi na przeszkodzie by dana osoba to usunęła.

Co do taiko. Trudno by kołka wyglądały inaczej. Muszą być podobne. Pod tym względem skinowanie taiko jest upośledzone xD

Co do spinnera uważam inaczej. Jestem z niego bardzo dumny bo wygląda zajebiście moim zdaniem xDD Do tego wygodnie się na nim gra. Oczywiście według mnie

Z ctb... Szczerze to nie wiem o co ci chodzi :|

(sorry for polish :v)
Niech 300 zostaną ale miło by było jak było by więcej kolorków.

Taiko:To przynajmniej spróbuj zrobić tak by było je jakoś łatwiej rozróżnić ;-;

spinner: zagadzam się jest śliczny ale nie za dobrze mi wychodzi spinnowanie...nie wiem jak u innych gra mi się na nim słabo :/

ctb:Chodzi mi o to by te "pestki"(XDD) też miały okrągłę obramowanie jak owocki(kumasz jako tako?)
Topic Starter
Janko
SKIN UPDATED

For DrwalPolska.

DrwalPolska wrote:

Niech 300 zostaną ale miło by było jak było by więcej kolorków.
Kolorków? Nie chce za bardzo bo skin stałby się za bardzo oczojebny. Wolę jak jest w jednym kolorze... Do tego osu!next nic nie pokazuje oprócz niebieskiego więc jak na te chwilę zostawię. To nie jest aż takie złe przecież ;_;

DrwalPolska wrote:

Taiko:To przynajmniej spróbuj zrobić tak by było je jakoś łatwiej rozróżnić ;-;
tylko jak skoro jedyne co odróżnie to kolor (taki urok taiko :/ ) Ja do dyspozycji miałem tylko takie obrazki Click1, Click2 oraz Click3... nie chcę za bardzo zmieniać wyglądu. Poczekam na więcej szczegołów.

DrwalPolska wrote:

spinner: zagadzam się jest śliczny ale nie za dobrze mi wychodzi spinnowanie...nie wiem jak u innych gra mi się na nim słabo :/

kwestia gustów i przyzwyczajenia. Jednym wygodniej sie używa a drugim mniej. Zanim udostępniłem na grupie i tutaj skina to wysłałem paru osobom by przetestowały i w sumie na spinnera nikt nie narzekał xD Zmienić też tego nie ma jak bo chodzi o odwzorowanie Link

DrwalPolska wrote:

ctb:Chodzi mi o to by te "pestki"(XDD) też miały okrągłę obramowanie jak owocki(kumasz jako tako?)
kumam jako tako ale specjalnie zrobiłem bez obręczy by się nie zlewały z owockami. Jakiś element odróżniający owocka od pestki. Efekt zamierzony. W sumie nie wiem czy o tym wspominasz bo to nie wygodne czy że brzydkie czy o co chodzi. W każdym razie poczekam jeszcze. Jeżeli ktos wypomni ten element to zmienię
Topic Starter
Janko

GeorgeK wrote:

I really like this skin however I feel that there should be more colour. osu! has always been a very colourful game and you've made the whole thing black and blue. I mean basing the whole colour scheme off of what you saw in the teaser is silly considering the colours could change based on combo set.

But yeh, its great. I'm just gunna try make it change colours myself :)
Maybe but I don't see this skin in yellow, green, red color. That would be simply ugly... but thank you that you like this skina centrain extent :)
-KousakaHonoka-
Great skin at all, but I have some points for osu!mania part.
Everything is fine, but I think it is too bright.
The hit sound is impressive.

Nice work at all. I hope you improve it later ;)
Shime-
RIP Sliders xD

Pic from Stable Fallback

Edit 2: I can see this only works on Stable Latest and above. Nice skin Though :D D:
Topic Starter
Janko

Shimemem wrote:

RIP Sliders xD

Pic from Stable Fallback
ok. Thanks. I'll fix it soon.
If something else you can find on the fallback version - write
Fatal3ty

Janko wrote:

Shimemem wrote:

RIP Sliders xD

Pic from Stable Fallback
ok. Thanks. I'll fix it soon.
If something else you can find on the fallback version - write
For Fallback Version: Skin.ini - HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 1 and Hitcircleoverlay-0.png must be transparent. New Skinning Method is problem for old Osu Version/Fallback. :|

Skin is awesome. For me works fine. :D
Topic Starter
Janko

Fatal3ty wrote:

For Fallback Version: Skin.ini - HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 1 and Hitcircleoverlay-0.png must be transparent. New Skinning Method is problem for old Osu Version/Fallback. :|

Skin is awesome. For me works fine. :D
Interesting. HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 1 in fallback version resolves the problem but numbers again disappears xD
Supairo
help i think i'm in love with this skin :o

Seriously this skin is superb, and almost looks like what we saw in previews. :) However, this is just me, but I feel like I should point out my problems with it.

General
  1. The hitsounds. Ugh, the hitsounds... Sorry, I just don't like those kind of hitsounds. :(
  2. Easy mod. Just being nitpicky, but it already has an official icon, thanks to the new website. It's... some kind of candy?
  3. The logo of osu!catch (the beat) is sideways, like this:

(found it on this page)
osu!
  1. Blue. Blue everywhere. I have nothing against it, but I feel like it should be more colorful. And actually, I think it kinda works:

I saw that you said you don't see the skin in these colors, but I think it works for me. If anyone reads this and prefer those colored hitcircles, you can grab them here (copy its contents into the skin folder).
  2. I think hit300k.png should show GOOD instead of AWESOME, to see that there was at least one 100 in the combo.
osu!taiko
  1. The spinner warning is too small for me. Something like this could happen:

It could have been totally behind the note, so maybe do something to make it more visible?
  2. taiko-flower-group. It just feels... Out of place.

Maybe remove it or replace with triangles?
  3. Actually hitting too early or late does not give 100, but 150 by default.
  4. According to this, the score obtained will show above the drum (and combo). So, maybe moving the score above the notes? Also that bubble is covering the notes. Maybe make the center of it more transparent. Or make it like the miss one.
osu!catch
  1. Nothing wrong, just, why did you choose Ryuuta? Sure, he was used in the previews, but Yuzu is the current mascot and appears in combobursts. It kind of doesn't make sense for me.
osu!mania
  1. I actually have nothing to say. This one is perfect as it is. But I think the 300 PERFECT will simply be a rainbow 300.

In short: this is a great work, but it could use some improvements. Keep up the good work! :)
Topic Starter
Janko

koopa712 wrote:

help i think i'm in love with this skin :o

Seriously this skin is superb, and almost looks like what we saw in previews. :) However, this is just me, but I feel like I should point out my problems with it.

General
  1. The hitsounds. Ugh, the hitsounds... Sorry, I just don't like those kind of hitsounds. :(
  2. Easy mod. Just being nitpicky, but it already has an official icon, thanks to the new website. It's... some kind of candy?
  3. The logo of osu!catch (the beat) is sideways, like this:

(found it on this page)
Hitsounds? Default. You can change what you want. Everyone likes different.

Candy? No :/ I don't like this idea. In default skin EZ mod had a note so it is at my skin.

ctb logo: I know that this is oryginal logo but I prefer my (this skin is my interpretation so I can afford it)

koopa712 wrote:

osu!
  1. Blue. Blue everywhere. I have nothing against it, but I feel like it should be more colorful. And actually, I think it kinda works:

I saw that you said you don't see the skin in these colors, but I think it works for me. If anyone reads this and prefer those colored hitcircles, you can grab them here (copy its contents into the skin folder).
  2. I think hit300k.png should show GOOD instead of AWESOME, to see that there was at least one 100 in the combo.
No. No. No. No. No.
1. Idk why you give that link. This circles are bad and ugly painted (blue halo and triangles). I have a project this circles so I'd do it better xDD
2. I have written about this before

Janko wrote:

Maybe but I don't see this skin in yellow, green, red color. That would be simply ugly... but thank you that you like this skina centrain extent :)
hit300k..... ymm. No.

koopa712 wrote:

osu!taiko
  1. The spinner warning is too small for me. Something like this could happen:

It could have been totally behind the note, so maybe do something to make it more visible?
  2. taiko-flower-group. It just feels... Out of place.

Maybe remove it or replace with triangles?
  3. Actually hitting too early or late does not give 100, but 150 by default.
  4. According to this, the score obtained will show above the drum (and combo). So, maybe moving the score above the notes? Also that bubble is covering the notes. Maybe make the center of it more transparent. Or make it like the miss one.
spinner icon... Yes you're right. I fix it.

taiko-flower-group.png Seriously? Most people have disable combo bursts in options soo... You can do this if it bothers you.

hitting... 150... yyym no. theoretically gives 150 but but it is adopted that 100 is the default. I havn't seen any a skin that would show 150

The last point: I prefer to just leave it as it is.

koopa712 wrote:

osu!catch
  1. Nothing wrong, just, why did you choose Ryuuta? Sure, he was used in the previews, but Yuzu is the current mascot and appears in combobursts. It kind of doesn't make sense for me.
Because Click.

koopa712 wrote:

osu!mania
  1. I actually have nothing to say. This one is perfect as it is. But I think the 300 PERFECT will simply be a rainbow 300.
No because it would look ugly.
------------------------------------------

Thanks for tips but there were only few useful tips. Thanks for your willingness. :D
Topic Starter
Janko
SKIN UPDATED
atturbo555
Good design. Look like osu! next. :D
Topic Starter
Janko

atturbo555 wrote:

Good design. Look like osu! next. :D
Rilene
the best
downloaded

but the issue that bugs me is that the hitcircles is invisible in editor on non-osu!mania mode :(
Topic Starter
Janko

Rilene wrote:

the best
downloaded

but the issue that bugs me is that the hitcircles is invisible in editor on non-osu!mania mode :(
Yes. I know. In the morning I'll update skin (now 3:21 night at my place)
show more