forum

Streams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FaZe Weeaboo
During a stream do you guys look ahead or at your cursor because I seem to struggle a bit with them.
Mahogany
I look at my monitor
Yuudachi-kun
I never really pay attention. I would assume I look ahead because if the streams get spaced as fuck as in the second half of Dragonforce's "My spirit will go on" I have to pay visual attention to my cursor and even then it hardly helps.
Jellyfish McGub

Weeaboo Life wrote:

During a stream do you guys look ahead or at your cursor because I seem to struggle a bit with them.
i look to play more

(i dont know where to look)
Topic Starter
FaZe Weeaboo

Mahogany wrote:

I look at my monitor
>.>
Mahogany
It's true tho

Seriously though I don't pay any particular attention to streams and my cursor and my stream aim is fine. It's something you won't need to worry about for a long time
Jellyfish McGub

Mahogany wrote:

It's true tho

Seriously though I don't pay any particular attention to streams and my cursor and my stream aim is fine. It's something you won't need to worry about for a long time
this is something that will make you miss jumps if your screen is too close
N0thingSpecial
If it is stream with constant speed I just look at the whole thing, if it's a long stream with constant speed I just get the feel for the stream and look aty cursor, if it's a long with inconsistent spacing I'll just pray.
Mahogany

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

It's true tho

I said I don't pay particular attention to my cursor during streams that doesn't mean the same is true for jumps
Yuudachi-kun
I don't pay attention to my cursor during fullscreen jumps either.
Sayorie
I look at the start of the stream and just follow the line, hoping I'm hitting 300s. Despite getting tons of 100s and 50s, I don't miss, which means probably only my tapping is shit. It seems that more experienced players would just instinctively adjust their cursor speed during streaming, judging from how close the circles are from each other. Well, in my case, I look at the stream, not the cursor.
-Makishima S-
I look at Bikko page and pray for acc.
Kunino Sagiri
I look at where they're going.
KanoSet

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

that's not necessary true for everyone
ot:i suck at streams but i dunno where i look
it just happens
Endie-
Look ahead but keep in mind where your cursor is.
DeathHydra
I don't even know where i was looking. I never pay attention to that
Topic Starter
FaZe Weeaboo

Endie- wrote:

Look ahead but keep in mind where your cursor is.
Thanks fam <3
dung eater
i'll be looking at my cursor next week when i'm visiting my crt

if monitor, eyes and brains allow, looking at cursor enough to be aware of it's exact position is best imo

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/564517 just can't follow cursor in this with 60hz, i have super hard time passing it on laptop (only difference is the screen) while i can almost fc it most plays with crt

playing on 60hz feels like someone is dragging your cursor so it's behind and if you move it faster it starts to become near invisible (area traversed that's black vs area where cursor is drawn)
Baka94
I usually don't look at the cursor directly. I look on what's coming up ahead so I can be ready for it. The correct movement speed to move through the stream comes from muscle memory after a bit of practice. The whole looking ahead thing comes from playing Touhou. If you stare your played directly you won't make it far in harder difficulties because you can't see the bullets coming at you soon enough. If you look around to see what bullets are heading towards you and where is a safe spot to move you be doing a lot better. Same goes for osu! If you look ahead of the patterns coming, you'll be ready for them. This of course is a personal preference, just like many other things such as single tapping vs. alternating and mouse vs. tablet.

I personally have more trouble keeping the tapping consistent. I have noticed that having a good posture while playing helps. I usually lean back a bit when I sit, but when I actually sit straight I can do streams better.
B1rd
With streams, read every circle individually.
Deva
I look at everything all the time. Who knows when one of the circles or maybe even cursor will decide to kill me.