forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
VeilStar

XxVivaxX wrote:

holding ALT while in Menu unlocks the FPS-Cap, is this intended?
Yes.
Haruto
after the last update.
when entering the editor, it always freezing then crash the game
here's the crash code
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qGuW7Wxk6Ws7OO6fpMmaqtMnTgCMw$kjvQwlE1VhKshkBT$XW2jLD_reAQ6x9cPFe..ctor(#=qCQiy4V2xp2wZy1VXpAOvQYhzyF4qRHZmIJT9FVpAa8FnKpqudeY$QI64tu5Lxwzd #=q5sbvlpVw1OjntYcZNgb6Rg==, Nullable`1 #=qtN$ZXjKkYwCM_1j5p8joAbbvGTpSDiv1Mc8RQQEFQnM=)
at #=qog3XnyPCFENxjcYOM1uPnsKtFE6Mp3_OZ8dZytmVtJMNvyrbCBHq$$lk5R6Y5hNf.​               ()
at #=qEcZxleCR8xHkGqOvm2PiqmOT_8GoLcYNULyrVj9phDpp6KSLUbVCjRSySzyWj0ve.#=qLFXQ1d$XNT8$dHdNvsm3mA==()
at #=qoNq5DXhMPkXx7kD9rVvfFA==.#=qM4hBkl5Y4gf3S4OoK5p4Dg==()
at #=qjdo5fdCROseqZ2V7fXn$Rl9C5eiJxRE8FLniaMDpuYk=.#=q7k4f84dBCzszB4yMD1XOwg==(Object #=qQ0LOblcFTaXEPH11AfBo8A==, EventArgs #=qZPMwoPzc9YU8KxdNMW2iVg==)
at #=qX66CW4_iEzD3Fu0kCBmNSv6OB0Sz6oU6txKzs_R9AII=.#=qVbczVTo3E1YhCRit5DecxQ==(Object #=qQ0LOblcFTaXEPH11AfBo8A==, EventArgs #=qJkZF$Si94qQyFWZch1fuhg==)
at #=qHbqfo3qRMnCL30LSqXQ4pMJNDkj7sWiAofmSNAQJJto=.#=qUxxguag4rX1gNtznzhvE33JMJ3Og2x1K2oyy1GpVVKQ=(Object #=qQ0LOblcFTaXEPH11AfBo8A==, EventArgs #=qZPMwoPzc9YU8KxdNMW2iVg==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=qHbqfo3qRMnCL30LSqXQ4pMJNDkj7sWiAofmSNAQJJto=.#=qUIfiZ5YMxSLHhCBx5vYo9g==()
at #=qjdo5fdCROseqZ2V7fXn$Rl9C5eiJxRE8FLniaMDpuYk=.#=qUIfiZ5YMxSLHhCBx5vYo9g==()
at #=qeapzRJCrcqsmz2aqjSldXA==.#=qVyaVdvwpZcR6WcfB$hw64g==(String #=qtOTV_U0bomd2e6ru264tag==, Boolean #=q6Fe1AnR6MrJqStisYKiqw9ST6r_t6$zp6X_iOWLZweQ=, Boolean #=qXTVboVwKXZb0u_2OMf2_og==)
-Mo-
Also getting some sort of editor crash, but not when I enter the editor (third time so far). It happens after a while, maybe ~30m of working.

Not sure how to reproduce. First couple of times happened after pressing Undo a couple of times, the third after exitting testing.

Edit: Fourth time I tried to copy a slider.

Log
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qGuW7Wxk6Ws7OO6fpMmaqtMnTgCMw$kjvQwlE1VhKshkBT$XW2jLD_reAQ6x9cPFe..ctor(#=qCQiy4V2xp2wZy1VXpAOvQYhzyF4qRHZmIJT9FVpAa8FnKpqudeY$QI64tu5Lxwzd #=q5sbvlpVw1OjntYcZNgb6Rg==, Nullable`1 #=qtN$ZXjKkYwCM_1j5p8joAbbvGTpSDiv1Mc8RQQEFQnM=)
at #=qog3XnyPCFENxjcYOM1uPnsKtFE6Mp3_OZ8dZytmVtJMNvyrbCBHq$$lk5R6Y5hNf.​               ()
at #=qEcZxleCR8xHkGqOvm2PiqmOT_8GoLcYNULyrVj9phDpp6KSLUbVCjRSySzyWj0ve.#=qLFXQ1d$XNT8$dHdNvsm3mA==()
at #=qjdo5fdCROseqZ2V7fXn$Rl9C5eiJxRE8FLniaMDpuYk=.#=q7k4f84dBCzszB4yMD1XOwg==(Object #=qQ0LOblcFTaXEPH11AfBo8A==, EventArgs #=qZPMwoPzc9YU8KxdNMW2iVg==)
at #=qX66CW4_iEzD3Fu0kCBmNSv6OB0Sz6oU6txKzs_R9AII=.#=qVbczVTo3E1YhCRit5DecxQ==(Object #=qQ0LOblcFTaXEPH11AfBo8A==, EventArgs #=qJkZF$Si94qQyFWZch1fuhg==)
at #=qHbqfo3qRMnCL30LSqXQ4pMJNDkj7sWiAofmSNAQJJto=.#=qUxxguag4rX1gNtznzhvE33JMJ3Og2x1K2oyy1GpVVKQ=(Object #=qQ0LOblcFTaXEPH11AfBo8A==, EventArgs #=qZPMwoPzc9YU8KxdNMW2iVg==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at #=qHbqfo3qRMnCL30LSqXQ4pMJNDkj7sWiAofmSNAQJJto=.#=qUIfiZ5YMxSLHhCBx5vYo9g==()
at #=qjdo5fdCROseqZ2V7fXn$Rl9C5eiJxRE8FLniaMDpuYk=.#=qUIfiZ5YMxSLHhCBx5vYo9g==()
at #=qeapzRJCrcqsmz2aqjSldXA==.#=qVyaVdvwpZcR6WcfB$hw64g==(String #=qtOTV_U0bomd2e6ru264tag==, Boolean #=q6Fe1AnR6MrJqStisYKiqw9ST6r_t6$zp6X_iOWLZweQ=, Boolean #=qXTVboVwKXZb0u_2OMf2_og==)

Edit 2: Crashed after I exitted out of my map to test it ingame with the HD mod. It seemed to occur when the game is set to load a slider.

Log 2
newstux
Occuring in current beta and cutting-edge build:

Pressing F5 in Multiplayer Room while being Host causes me to drop into the song selection dialog but I can't exit it as pressing ESC. It just does nothing. Even pressing it multiple times nothing happens.
Gachiboy_old
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, reset my compute, tried run as admin, pretty much anything I can think of, and my game is muted. My headphones are fine they work with youtube and stuff perfectly, but as soon as I boot osu, theres nothing. any info whether it works or not is appreciated. 8-)
_Indeketsu
In the new update of osu! (the one with the new menu background) I heard the song select sounds when I go to certain area while playing. Please fix it, it's very unconfortable to play with it
Xunan1337
Hello there!

Since Today there is a bug which causes an Sound, hovering over an specific Area

http://puu.sh/na6b8/7ae82a018e.webm

http://puu.sh/na6Jc/5f8a499115.webm

(dont blame me, shitty quality :D)

u can see it in that short Video. (few moments later i figured out its also at the main menu+Song Select+Multiplayer menu ^^)

I also changed to the standard Skin tried it there and it is still there...
(Dont changed any of my Options till now)

// Its Fixed now :)
Pawsu
edit: False bug
Fatal3ty
Is a bug? (default, not MenuGlow in the skin.ini)

I find it much too extreme, I think. :o
_Indeketsu

Pawsu wrote:

edit: False bug

After a time osu! updated again and the bug was disappeared :D
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix escape no longer sending players back to MatchSetup. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20160216.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Scarlet Evans
Relax mode includes NoFail, so you don't need NF while playing Relax. They are currently mutually exclusive - trying to turn on one of them automatically turns off the other one, if it's active.

It works good "normally", but it looks like it wasn't reconsidered after adding Target Practice. You immediately lose (end game) in Target Practice after miss, unless you put NoFail on. It's good to do it, if your main goal is to train very wide jumps, as it takes a time for notes to spread wide enough.

The problem is - you immediately lose after missing a note in Relax too and, in contrary to NoMod Target Practice - you can't put NoFail on, because it's mutually exclusive with Relax.

I really love and often use practice game mods, which for me are Relax, Target Practice AutoPilot and Auto =) I would like them to work as best as they can and I think that being able to play TP with Relax on could be even more useful, practical and helpful, if it could be played without failing.

To sum it up: Maybe this could be re-considered and Relax Target Practice could be played with NoFail on?

Or maybe You could go even further and make Relax/AutoPilot independent from NoFail, in other words - make them fail-able, like in this feature request: t/421892
_Indeketsu

Scarlet Evans wrote:

Relax mode includes NoFail, so you don't need NF while playing Relax. They are currently mutually exclusive - trying to turn on one of them automatically turns off the other one, if it's active.

It works good "normally", but it looks like it wasn't reconsidered after adding Target Practice. You immediately lose (end game) in Target Practice after miss, unless you put NoFail on. It's good to do it, if your main goal is to train very wide jumps, as it takes a time for notes to spread wide enough.

The problem is - you immediately lose after missing a note in Relax too and, in contrary to NoMod Target Practice - you can't put NoFail on, because it's mutually exclusive with Relax.

I really love and often use practice game mods, which for me are Relax, Target Practice AutoPilot and Auto =) I would like them to work as best as they can and I think that being able to play TP with Relax on could be even more useful, practical and helpful, if it could be played without failing.

To sum it up: Maybe this could be re-considered and Relax Target Practice could be played with NoFail on?

Or maybe You could go even further and make Relax/AutoPilot independent from NoFail, in other words - make them fail-able, like in this feature request: t/421892
This post is only for let to know issues on the latest cutting-edge release, not to post feature requests. Go to here 4
Scarlet Evans

tonystarks2 wrote:

This post is only for let to know issues on the latest cutting-edge release, not to post feature requests. Go to here 4
At first, there was no Target Practice, it was added later. There was no use for NF + Relax. But, after adding Target Practice, it became possible to play it on NF to prevent from dying, but Relax was torn out off this feature. If yes, then it is only natural that you should be able to turn NF on it then, but... they are mutually exclusive even with Target Practice?

Do you got what I mean? Depending on the perspective, it can be bug/issue, especially without proper clarification, as players can suspect that this was just missed. Someone could forgot about this perk, or just don't give it enough thoughtfulness.
Korfen
Maybe this affects more than only Cutting Edge.
Here is it, it has happened more than 1 time on this map.
Also I don't play with any offsets.
The bug is that I have 100% but on the indicator at the bottom it still says i've gotten 100's
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4560226
Topic Starter
TheVileOne

KorFeN wrote:

Maybe this affects more than only Cutting Edge.
Here is it, it has happened more than 1 time on this map.
Also I don't play with any offsets.
The bug is that I have 100% but on the indicator at the bottom it still says i've gotten 100's
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4560226

Slider starts are more lenient. You can hit them in the 100 range and still hit the slider perfect.
Spkz
Some windowed resolutions like 1366x768 or 1360x768 causes this black bar on the right side. For 1280x720 and 1920x1080 (and I suppose for all the 16:9 resolutions) it woks fine.
http://puu.sh/ndvo9/9e0a34a782.png

Edit: Also, forcing compatibility mode cause me huge input lags, like 10ms more than before.
Flat Cat_old
I am also having huge latency issues with forced compatibility mode. I've been using an NVIDIA Optimus system and haven't had any problems with the game for the last few months without having to enable the compatibility mode. Therefore having the ability to turn it off again would be really appreciated.
riffraff11235

Flat Cat wrote:

I am also having huge latency issues with forced compatibility mode. I've been using an NVIDIA Optimus system and haven't had any problems with the game for the last few months without having to enable the compatibility mode. Therefore having the ability to turn it off again would be really appreciated.
Same here. My frame time went from 4.5 ms to around 6.5 with the latest update, and alt+tab'ing out of osu makes the screen flicker for a second or so now. Had no issues running without compatibility mode before.
Ket
went to open osu today and it updated and then got stuck in some loop trying to open, couldnt end task or anything

vid of task manager showing the loop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8kqqsM ... e=youtu.be
GhostFrog
Yeah, same issue here. I don't imagine the issue will last very long, but until it's resolved, you can still open osu! with a different release stream: press shift when the game is trying to load and it will bring up a menu where you can select something else.
Flat Cat_old
Referring to the issue I described a few days ago, I thought that giving more details might prove to be useful, so here are two screenshots of the game's framerate with and without the compatibility mode,

with:

without:

Both of the screens were taken in the main menu, the graphics card I use is NVIDIA Geforce GTX765M. As I said before, despite using the Optimus technology I have never had any problems with the compatibility mode being disabled.
mmi

Anyone else getting this?
NicoHolic777
Got black screen in all resolutions with/without full screen. Please fix!
Camtasia
Problem Details:
Osu crashes when i plug out my headphones from rear headphone jacks.

The second one is rear headphone jack.

osu! version: 20160304cuttingedge
Dntm8kmeeatu
This just kinda happens with most things.

For example, If you are on youtube and watching a video and unplug the audio device, Most likely the video still crash and stop.

Programs and things don't like audio devices being lost all of the sudden.
VeilStar
Seems to only happen on cuttingedge (and possiby beta, haven't tested) - osu! just hangs a few seconds after plugging it out and doesn't ever recover. Merging this to the appropriate thread.
Scarlet Evans
Auto gets bugged while restarting, after toggling on/of Ignore Beatmap Skin.

Let's say you are watching Auto playing a song. You hover your mouse towards the bottom edge of the screen and change (toggle on or off) the "Ignore Beatmap Skin" option. You will get a message:

Please restart map for changes to take effect.

If you do ([Ctrl]+[R] or [~]), then the song will restart, but... it will start playing from the place you was in the moment of restarting (with possibility for Auto to start making errors from that moment onwards... or at least in the time neighbourhood of this moment, after restarting... or most likely both).

If you restart again, no matter how many times you will restart, auto will be frozen, until you reach this point again, missing everything that was before.

If you change "Ignore Beatmap Skin" and restart again, this will repeat, but with reference to the new moment in time. So, changing it at the very start of the song and restarting quickly can make Auto to play the whole song again. However, you can change it later and make auto miss even greater part of song. It doesn't show misses and Accuracy change before you reach the restart moment though, so it's delusional 100% before that.

It checked other versions and it affects all game releases, except Fallback. :!:

There's also one more thing about restarting, while watching Auto, even without changing any settings, that probably doesn't work as intended. Nevertheless, for me it's a feature, not bug, and I will be absolutely exploiting it with premeditation! That is:

In past, if you stopped watching Auto's gameplay, the Auto mod persisted as toggled on. For some reason I don't know, it was changed to be automatically toggled off, after the song ends or get cancelled with [Esc] key.
However, if you restart Auto's gameplay even once, then either after song ends or is being ended with [Esc], it will still be toggled on.

I hope this one is intended and it's not bug, because I like to use Auto for the songs I don't know or I want to learn better, especially for playing Flashlight. You keep watching Auto playing the song and you follow in-game cursor with your own cursor, trying to memorize the map or improve your AR11 reading, or for any other reason you are doing this. It's really useful and effective, and believe me, many people are really using it for that!

The problem is, that after the song ends and you want to follow Auto's play again... it gets toggled off... You need to end your newly started play, losing time and unnecessarily boosting your play count, only because game automatically toggled Auto off. Then, you need to go to the mods menu, toggle Auto on, close menu and start song again...

It's usually really annoying and bothersome after some time, especially if you keep learning a song on Flashlight and often forgot that you need to toggle Auto on after every single gameplay, even if you didn't need to do it in past. If there's a way to disable this Auto disabling option, them please tell me. It would be best, if you could decide that you want or don't want Auto to be turned off automatically ;)

Fallback is not affected.

Now that I think about it, I remember that some time ago Peppy was asking why some people are still sitting on Fallback.

Maybe, technical things aside, there are some perks, like this one, that they like, thus they decided to keep using Fallback?
Depending on the way someone plays (habits aside), some changes can be took by players as changing for something worse, unpractical or not necessarily better, so they stick to the old settings?
Score_Under
Recently Osu has got big into focus stealing. I switch to my other monitor and start typing in skype, and bam, Osu will steal focus and eat the keystrokes. If I switch to another workspace, the window manager blocks all its attempts to steal focus but still shows me that it's trying by marking the window as urgent.
If I focus something, it's because I wanted to focus it. Please don't second guess me.

--

On another note, is there a technical explanation of the "detect performance issues" option anywhere?
Auge103
Since today Osu is crashing randomly while playing any beatmap on my computer. This never happened before and I got this about ten times in a row today.
Did they break anything or is it my local machine?
magmar
After todays update if I fail a song the screen crashes, not letting me see the menu for retry or main menu and emitting a low pitched noise till I exit out. I'm having to alt+F4 to get to the song menu again, anyone else having this problem?
[ D_L ]
b20160325.1
menu doesnt show up when player fails
notes dont fully collapse but falling slowly

-not sure is it related:
my beatmap listing arrangement is messed up. The arrangement is incorrect in the sorting by date added column.
The arrangement is now like this
oldest
new
new
new
old
new
new
old
old
new
new
new
newest
[ D_L ]

magmar wrote:

After todays update if I fail a song the screen crashes, not letting me see the menu for retry or main menu and emitting a low pitched noise till I exit out. I'm having to alt+F4 to get to the song menu again, anyone else having this problem?
you can actually press Ctrl+R to retry
Us3l3ss_old
Problem Details: Menu didn't appear after I failed the song. When esc is pressed hitcircles go down a bit.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160325.1cuttingedge
hajteR
I just wanted to post this also, bit annoying but ALT+F4 helps to get from fail.
OMGasm
Also if you hit escape after failing, the animation goes down to about 0.3fps, repeatedly hitting it steps the animation.
Edit: only progresses the falling part of the animation
Trosk-

Us3l3ss wrote:

Problem Details: Menu didn't appear after I failed the song. When esc is pressed hitcircles go down a bit.

osu! version: 20160325.1cuttingedge
Next time post it in the Cutting Edge thread please.
Slider S

OMGasm wrote:

Also if you hit escape after failing, the animation goes down to about 0.3fps, repeatedly hitting it steps the animation.
Edit: only progresses the falling part of the animation
Edit2: Well sorry i didnt see that someone already reported that bug

I'm having a very weird glitch at every song when i die on cutting-edge b20160325.1
Here it is, it's happening everytime

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FWrcvIFSXI
Looks like it's not working with the youtube /youtube
Trosk-
We are aware of the fail screen issue and will be fixed as soon as possible.
Xylo-
Spectate is broken in CE now as well, the buffering stops at 100% and won't go any further, but it does start eventually after some time (usually when the map is almost completed)
show more