forum

osu! Global Championships 1v1 Tournament

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
The main post has now been updated with the bracket and map pool. The schedule will come within the next few days.
Rizen
Nice free mod maps :^)
FINGERLOCK
This mappool :|
I Will Tablet
Map pool looks great! The draft doesn't look so good though...Toki senpai, pls mercy :'(
Scyan
I'm against Tyron PogChamp
Flamingo985
Great maps, i have already started training. :3
FINGERLOCK
This mappool is good and caters to a certain kind of skill set. I however, do not have that skill set.
xDarxen
Will there be any prizes? I don't care so much about that tho :D It's gonna be fun anyway
Tedda
Tedda
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

Tedda wrote:

Is there a difficulty for the warm up map?
Nope, you just gotta keep it under 5 mins.
Nnjarazor
The rounds going to be best of 3,5,7?
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

Nnjarazor wrote:

The rounds going to be best of 3,5,7?
The group qualifiers will be a best of 7.

After that, the quarter-finals will be best of 9, the semi-finals will be best of 11 and finally the grand finals will be a best of 13.

I'm sorry I never announced this, I totally forgot about it Dx
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
Just an update on things, the schedule for week 1 is now out. You can expect week 2 on Monday or Tuesday after week 1. If you have any schedule issues please contact Dionysaw.

The stream will also be on twitch.

If you live in the US or in Europe and would like to stream/referee at all please message me. At this stage most of the matches won't be streamed because of timezones. :/
Mouse Shinobi
Can I join?
Kyrzer
HYPE!
Totoki
don't you think the mappool will be too easy for the semi/finals of the bracket? x.x
Diony

Tokichii wrote:

don't you think the mappool will be too easy for the semi/finals of the bracket? x.x

We took this into consideration and will add another mappool to be used for the Semifinals and Finals of the Qualifying Stage. Which looks like it might be around 5* possibly.

To be released soon™
Athrun
When you accidently delete the maps that were supposed to be sent to Dionysaw, twice. ;W;
midori_wah
Will we warm up in the match or do we do it individually?
Diony

dark_assassin16 wrote:

Will we warm up in the match or do we do it individually?
There will be one warm-up for each player before the match. Everyone should pick their warm-up map before the match to help things go smoothly.

This is all in the rules under match procedure.
Tedda
Diony
Any skin you like. However the stream will show you using default.
billie eilish
According to the schedule, my match should be right now, why does it say I have forfeit??

edit: nevermind, damn 24h clocks
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
PSA: There will be a two week break while I go on holiday. The tournament will resume with week 2 being on the weekend of the 11th of March. Sorry for any inconveniences.
Num5119
The 24hr clock seemed to have confused alot of Americans :o!
Top Bunk

Num5119 wrote:

The 24hr clock seemed to have confused alot of Americans :o!
Yeah, it definitely confused me too. Missed my match because of it. We have to subtract a day off the date.
Vio
Hi, I'm competing in the Malaysian Qualifying Group, I changed my name from Viores to Vio, just to inform that. Pardon me for giving you extra work. :P
Athrun

Vio wrote:

Hi, I'm competing in the Malaysian Qualifying Group, I changed my name from Viores to Vio, just to inform that. Pardon me for giving you extra work. :P
Just send the information to Dionysaw since EmeraldStar92 is on holiday!

Here is his profile: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4294475
Kyrzer
When the Australia and Asia matches schedule will out? And will all the Asia matches will be stream?
Diony

arronlim13 wrote:

When the Australia and Asia matches schedule will out?

Australia and Asia matches are scheduled to start on March the 18th, so the schedule should be released before 12th or 13th, a week before the matches most likely. We will notify these people when the schedule is released.

arronlim13 wrote:

And will all the Asia matches will be stream?

We try to stream as many matches as we can \o/
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
I have returned from my holiday and therefore the tournament will recommence this weekend with Week 2 of the America's brackets. The map pool for the semi-final and final matches has been released on the main page and the schedule can be found here.

At this point in time, everyone will be using the second bracket apart from the United States players.

Hope to see you on the stream. :)
-Shizuka-
Uhm, is there still a way to participate? :0 or is the registration already closed? x.x
ReBOOting_ExE
i want to join, but how?
Diony

-Shizuka- wrote:

Uhm, is there still a way to participate? :0 or is the registration already closed? x.x

RebOOTing wrote:

i want to join, but how?

Registrations closed on the 31st of January. Sorry guys!

Allowing late entrances would be unfair and would remove the whole point of registration period :(

Keep an eye out for any other tournaments EmeraldStar82 does in the future if your interested!
-Shizuka-

Dionysaw wrote:

-Shizuka- wrote:

RebOOTing wrote:

i want to join, but how?
Registrations closed on the 31st of January. Sorry guys!

Allowing late entrances would be unfair and would remove the whole point of registration period :(

Keep an eye out for any other tournaments EmeraldStar82 does in the future if your interested!
*sighs* I was too late xD well, thanks for you reply ^^ hm, do you still need help in the staff? Like referee or something like that? :D
-TobiKC

Scyan wrote:

-TobiKC wrote:

How about ppl who cant use Vsync ??
What does that have to do with anything? O_o
I mean it better to use v1 right ?
Kor3ry3-Kun
Let make should it's score v2 not score v1 please I want to make this fair for everyone or this will fall
Tedda
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
The schedule for week 3 is now out and can be found here!
Week 3 includes the remain three matches of the United States qualifier group and the beginning of the Australian and Asian brackets.

Players that have qualified so far include:
Little
Dunois
Hanik
Pato
Mei misakii
ElFede513

Regarding recent issues and complaints about the score system (V1 or V2), the initial idea was to have the tournament be scored in V2 but there are various issues around using it and therefore I have made the decision to have the rest of the tournament be played with score V1. The rules will be updated to accommodate this change. If anyone has any issues about this change then feel free to contact me through either in game PM's or through the forums.
show more