forum

lazy wrist 2: electric boogaloo

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub
so how many people play while moving their wrist and not just rotating it?

(also how do you slide your skin across the surface of your desk?)
Mahogany
I aim by anchoring my wrist to the bottom right side of my tablet and rotating it alongside using my fingers

So not me
dung eater
moving wrist (sideways) and whole arm (sideways, up&down) with mouse
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub

Mahogany wrote:

I aim by anchoring my wrist to the bottom right side of my tablet and rotating it alongside using my fingers

So not me
is your tablet area sorta small? also how far away is it from your "anchor point"?
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub

jaaakb wrote:

yeah with mouse it's a little bit weirder different but you could still use your fingers if you are using a claw grip
Mahogany

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

So not me
is your tablet area sorta small? also how far away is it from your "anchor point"?
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub
just wanted to mention how much of an advantage you have when resting your pen on your middle finger, at least when playing in this style.

resting my pen on my ring finger has probably hindered me tremendously, as it is much more difficult and more straining to move as much, and is also limited much more. it is also much easier to stabilize your hand with both your pinkie and ring finger not having to move
I Give Up

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

I simply slide my smooth delicate wrist across my desk and never blister. I sometimes gently touch my tender skin for good luck.
deletemyaccount
If you place more weight on your arm than your wrist, you should be able to use it as a pivot and more easily slide your wrist.

I actually place my tablet very far from the edge of my table so I can use my arm alongside my wrist; don't really know if it's the best idea though since I haven't really tried anything else.
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub

KukiMonster wrote:

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

I simply slide my smooth delicate wrist across my desk and never blister. I sometimes gently touch my tender skin for good luck.
my skin is too moist
trebby

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

my skin is too moist
Long sleeves? Or else just use something to block the dry surface from your skin.
oh hey rhythm incarnate
Noobsicle

jaaakb wrote:

me 2 but i use slight arm movement and extend fingers for them up+down big jump uwu
TMiracle
Since my hands are quite most, I use only fingers with very little wrist movement. I play with quite large area (around half of the total area on A5 size tablet), so to reach edges I have to fully extend my fingers for the top or sides, or fully contract for the bottom.
Also to hold y pen firmly while I do those shenanigans with my fingers (since I constantly change pen angles by a lot), I ducktaped rope around my stylus to greatly increase friction and solve moisture issue.
Sayorie
I just realized that my gamer spot/mark is really really really smooth
too much rubbing, I guess