forum

osu! Crews [Winner: South Korea]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke

Introduction

Have you ever heard of "crews" in famous games such as Starcraft II or maybe in the Super Smash Bros. Series? If you haven't, crews are when a country sends a player to defeat a player from another country with a lives system! Each player has 2 or 3 lives (more infos in the rules!), each time a player lose a map, he's losing a life, when a player runs out of lives, he has to be switched out to another player and it continues until a Country runs out of lives! Each Country can have a roster of 6 players but only sends 3 (meaning 6 or 9 lives) to the battlefield! Countries make their own mappools so they can exploit their team's strengths and their foe's weaknesses!
Time to stop relying on that one player to carry the whole game, even him is human and have to breath! Time to put strategies up in order to win crews! So, have you never wanted to experience this in your favourite game, osu!? That day has come!

Registration

If you wish to sign-up to the amazing osu! Crews, send me a private message via the osu!website and respect the registration format below!! You will need at least 3 players and you must read the ruleset before submitting a registration.

Note that I will be sending an invite to some OWC2015 captains.

Captain: Username
Player 1: Username
Player 2: Username
Player 3: Username
Player 4: Username
Player 5: Username

Participants

Tournament's Timetable

Registration's deadline and live-drawings: 13th March
Round-of-16: 19th and 20th March
Quarter-finals: 26th and 27th March
Semi-finals: 2nd and 3rd April
Finals and 3rd Place match: 9th and 10 April

(The tournament ends on the 2nd and 3rd of April we don't hit 32 countries and actually have to run with 16 countries.)

Mappools

Matches' Schedules

Matches' Results

Rules

Tournament Rules:

1. This is an osu! standard tournament.
  2. It works as a 1v1 tournament.
  3. Scorev1 will be used.
  4. The maximum amount of countries in this tournament is 32.
  5. Each country has a captain.
  6. To submit a team you have to be below #2500.
  7. Captains make a roster composed of 6 other players from their country.
  8. Only 3 players out of 6 will play each match. (Decided by the captain.)
  9. Each player has 2/3/4 lives according to how far they are in the bracket.
  10. If a player loses a map, the player and his country will lose a life.
  11. Bracket will be decided in a live drawing.
  12. This a Single Elimination bracket, meaning if you lose once, it's done.
  13. If after 15 minutes, a country doesn't show up, it will be disqualified. If neither show up, one be selected to pass the round with !roll.
  14. If 4 players from a country can't make it to the match, 2/3/4 lives will be taken from the country, depending on how far this happens in the bracket.
  15. If a player gets disconnected, if deemed necessary by the referee, there can be a rematch. If the player just quit/ragequit on purpose he will be disqualified and the country will lose the lives he had left.
  16. Each country makes its own mappool for EACH match.
  17. For the Round-of-32, you have until the 10th March to send me your mappool via PM on the osu! website.
  18. For the Round-of-16, you have until the 17th March to send me your mappool via PM on the osu! website.
  19. For the Quarter-finals, you have until the 24th March to send me your mappool via PM on the osu! website.
  20. For the Semi-finals, you have until the 31th March to send me your mappool via PM on the osu! website.
  21. For the Finals, you have until the 7th April to send me your mappool via PM on the osu! website.
  22. Mappool contains 6 NoMod picks, 2 Hidden picks, 2 Hardrock picks, 2 DoubleTime picks.
  23. FreeMod is enabled for both DoubleTime and Hardrock.
  24. For the Round-of-32 and Round-of-16 your mappool has to contain maps from 4.50* to 5.75*.
  25. For the Quarter-finals and Semi-finals your mappool has to contain maps from 5.00* to 6.00*.
  26. For the Finals your mappool has to contain maps from 5.75* to 6.50*.
  27. All the maps picked MUST be FCable and approved by the Mappool Approval Team.
  28. Countries can't edit a map and submit it into their mappool.
  29. Each country is allowed 2 bans, they can't ban the same mod twice.
  30. You can pick the same mod twice in a row.
  31. Each week, countries have until Thursday to send their mappool to the Tournament Host (-Ryosuke). If they fail to do so, experienced mapset selectors will make exclusively make a mappool for the following round they're playing in. (No need to slack off from making one though!)
  32. You can only pick from your own mappool.
  33. In case of 1 life-each situation, a TieBreaker, preselected by the Mappool Approval Staff will be played by both of the remaining players in the lobby.
  34. Once a country has picked a map, they cannot change their pick, so be careful and double-check your picks!
  35. Before the official start, each country is free to put one warm-up map of their choice.
  36. Matches will be played on week-ends only. If both captains agree to a reschedule before the Tuesday before the match, rescheduling will be allowed.
  37. If neither country can play at the scheduled time, the winner will be determined with !roll. (In exceptional cases, a country may be disqualified.)
  38. If a country cannot play at the scheduled time, please contact any referee or the Tournament Host (-Ryosuke).
  39. For the Ro32/Ro16 (Round of 16), each player has 2 lives.
  40. For the Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals and Finals each player has 3 lives.
  41. If any DC looks shady/suspicious, the referee is responsible for reporting it to the Tournament Host (-Ryosuke) in the next second. (Disconnecting on purpose before a very hard part, having enough points to win the map if the questionable player does not fail.)
  42. Chatlogs will be monitored and questionable materials can be reported by either country and are subjected to review by the tournament committee. For parts that are obviously in direct violation of game rules (i.e. racist comments, personal threats, etc.), a report will be filed to relevant osu! staff. Otherwise, the referees have the right to apply the following penalties: (1. Warning 2. Forbidding the violating player to participate in the current match 3. Forbidding the violating country to participate in the current match, thus resulting in a default win of the opposing country)
  43. The Tournament committee reserves final interpretation rights of all rules, stated or not.
Match Rules:

1. The referee creates the room and chooses the name for it. Each captain will !roll, the highest !roll will have the rights to ban first, pick the first map and decide which country will send its players last to the lobby. The host will then be given back and forth between both countries.
  2. The game mode will be set to Head to Head.
  3. Captains choose who enters the lobby next once a player has lost all their lives.
  4. If a player fails the map, his score will be nullified and reviving does not nullify his score.
  5. If a player get DC'd before the first third of the match, if a FC from him would've changed the outcome of the match, a rematch is allowed.
  6. During the second and last third of a match, if the player who DC'd still held a FC, and a complete FC would have changed the outcome of the match, a rematch is allowed. In other cases, the score will be kept.
  7. If a player who DC'd once, DCs once again, his score is nullified and any other DC from him/her would lead to no-rematch.
  8. A rematched map cannot be played again, unless the opponent country gets a DC which leads to a third rematch.
  9. Each country is allowed a maximum of 2 rematches.
  10. If both countries have a DC, a rematch will be allowed. Both countries will lose one rematch possibility.
  11. Players MUST play on either stable or beta client. They are responsible for the stability of their own network connection.
  12. Players MUST respect all decisions made by the referee.
  13. Referees aren't allowed to click even one circle.
  14. The room will be locked.
  15. No warm-ups longer than 4 minutes.
  16. After the end of the match, the referee will post the title of the match and a link to the /mp/ history of that lobby and the final score in this thread.
  17. Countries must announce what maps they are picking in the multiplayer chat before they pick.

Prizes

1st. 6 months of osu!Supporter.
2nd. 3 months of osu!Supporter.
3rd. 1 month of osu!Supporter.

Staff

Tournament Host: -Ryosuke
Referees: -Ryosuke | FuryArt | Flaven | Syph | Absolite
Livestreamers: -Ryosuke | Shamox | ThePooN
Mappool Approval Staff: Kotayo | Liiraye
Commentators: Halfslashed | Arf | Doomsday | lolimonz | Kotayo | Liiraye | MaserMynd| FuryArt
Designer: Ambition

(If you wish to be part of the staff as a referee/streamer/caster, feel free to PM me via the website!)

Useful Links

Devil Raidou
I wholeheartedly support this idea
Xiniox
This is really cool. Would be amazing to take part in.
Monzero
I have not seen a similiar medium of a tournament structure like this, It's going to be nice to see this adapted to osu! though :D
fedoragoose
How does picking maps work? Are captains allowed to pick from both map pools or only from their own map pool?
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke

Deliore wrote:

Thanks!

Xiniox wrote:

As a staff member?

lolimonz wrote:

I have not seen a similiar medium of a tournament structure like this, It's going to be nice to see this adapted to osu! though :D
Bet it will ahah

Fedora Goose wrote:

How does picking maps work? Are captains allowed to pick from both map pools or only from their own map pool?
Captains are only allowed to pick maps from their own mappool, all mappools are released on Thursday 10PM UTC+0 in the first post.
XII

Xiniox wrote:

So we doing this boi?
XII

-Ryosuke wrote:

Deliore wrote:

Thanks!

Xiniox wrote:

As a staff member?

lolimonz wrote:

Bet it will ahah

Fedora Goose wrote:

Captains are only allowed to pick maps from their own mappool, all mappools are released on Thursday 10PM UTC+0 in the first post.
I think he meant as a player, I sent the link to him :) Hopefully we can gather players for it sweden is pretty shit tbh
Totoki
tfw automatically lose because of country :^)
Te Amo
Sounds pretty interesting?
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke

KevEz wrote:

Sounds pretty interesting?
Hope it does!

Little update, the first country has been registered and it's going to be Germany!
Absolyte
Sounds like an awesome idea, would really like to help as a staff member
Nezzar
oh country register, oh rip...
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke

Absolite wrote:

Sounds like an awesome idea, would really like to help as a staff member
Sure! Just send me a PM!

clp012345 wrote:

oh country register, oh rip...
I thought Hong Kong was a pretty active country though?
Heinzen
Our OWC team captain was invited but he is no longer playing osu! (well kinda, but he didn't want to get involved in this one apparently). Since I was acting as a "coach" for the brazilian team, I was wondering if I could step up to be captain for the BR team.

Also, since you only have 2 teams so far, isn't it a good idea to push dates a little bit later in march?
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke

Miyazono wrote:

Our OWC team captain was invited but he is no longer playing osu! (well kinda, but he didn't want to get involved in this one apparently). Since I was acting as a "coach" for the brazilian team, I was wondering if I could step up to be captain for the BR team.

Also, since you only have 2 teams so far, isn't it a good idea to push dates a little bit later in march?
Of course you can! I only contacted past OWC's captains, doesn't mean they're forced to be captains for this tournament :P

I believe we can hit 16 teams easily before the deadline, if we have less than 10 teams by the 27th Febuary, I'll push the deadline a bit later.
Heinzen
Also, until what date can we make changes on the roster, or is the first submission final? (Sorry if it's written in the therad, currently in my workplace so I can't read all the rules right now).

Edit: also I didn't find at the rules: is country A supposed to pick a map from:

Country B's pool
Country A's pool
or any pool?
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke

Miyazono wrote:

Also, until what date can we make changes on the roster, or is the first submission final? (Sorry if it's written in the therad, currently in my workplace so I can't read all the rules right now).

Edit: also I didn't find at the rules: is country A supposed to pick a map from:

Country B's pool
Country A's pool
or any pool?
You can change your roster until the deadline and you can only pick from your pool
Myko
God I wish anyone would make french pool and invite me :D though I'd probably reject....

Really interesting idea though! it's kind of a 1v1 tournament.....as a team
Mouse Shinobi
#1 player pl0x, carry is guaranteed Kappa.

Jokes aside, I work well with HR and improvements are noticable with ar9dt.
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke

The Mykonian wrote:

God I wish anyone would make french pool and invite me :D though I'd probably reject....

Really interesting idea though! it's kind of a 1v1 tournament.....as a team
France submitted a roster already!

---------

We just hit 8 registered teams, we're halfway there! A lot of players with various skillset are present, this is gonna be interesting!
Myko

-Ryosuke wrote:

France submitted a roster already!
Either didn't see when I came or wasn't here. Rip anyways, and Good luck France!
Evrien
If a player get DC'd before the first third of the match, if a FC from him would've changed the outcome of the match, a rematch is allowed.
I would suggest rephrase FC to "a maintained combo" to avoid misunderstanding
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke

Evrien wrote:

If a player get DC'd before the first third of the match, if a FC from him would've changed the outcome of the match, a rematch is allowed.
I would suggest rephrase FC to "a maintained combo" to avoid misunderstanding
Will do!

Sorry to announce that due to the tournament lacking only one team to launch the crews we will be postponing the deadline by one extra week, stay tuned!
Enon
are you alive?
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke

Enon wrote:

are you alive?
Yup, sorry, my computer has gone RIP, so I'm using a sloppy one and I had to reinstall EVERYTHING, either way, livedrawings will be done tomorrow. 8PM UTC+0.
Enon

-Ryosuke wrote:

Yup, sorry, my computer has gone RIP, so I'm using a sloppy one and I had to reinstall EVERYTHING, either way, livedrawings will be done tomorrow. 8PM UTC+0.
Lol. By the way..

Korea flag rip? T_T
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke

Enon wrote:

-Ryosuke wrote:

Lol. By the way..

Korea flag rip? T_T
woops, problem's from the osu! website! only the South Korean flag seems to be crashing orz.

Anyways livedrawings in 25 mins at http://twitch.tv/ATBTLive !

Edit: Schedules are now available here!
show more