forum

only your best score matters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub
if only your best score for each matters, should consistency even be something to worry about?
Yuudachi-kun
1. No it doesn't

2. Yes because it allows you to get better scores easier
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub

Khelly wrote:

1. No it doesn't

2. Yes because it allows you to get better scores easier
i meant best score in each map
Deva
Just imagine ruruchi not being extremely consistent and retrying big blek 200000 times instead of 2700 that he did

Its just stupid to think that consistency doesnt matter, i was saying the same for reading before and guess who is drawn back by terrible reading now.
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub

HK_ wrote:

Just imagine ruruchi not being extremely consistent and retrying big blek 200000 times instead of 2700 that he did

Its just stupid to think that consistency doesnt matter, i was saying the same for reading before and guess who is drawn back by terrible reading now.
i feel like i got my original post wrong
Deva
You meant consistently FCing same map over and over again?
Endaris
When I play random 160 bpm maps on about 4.5* and FC some of them on Sightread then that's due to my consistency.
I could go and reFC such maps all day. That has more value for me than a single good score I got that I can't replicate for shit.

Often enough - especially on maps you didn't FC you have some play with a lower score that is technically (a lot) better like here:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4531560
Sayorie
only your best score gives peppy points anyway
Minhtam

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

if only your best score for each matters, should consistency even be something to worry about?
It's going to be a huge factor once you decide to dive into tournament play.
Mahogany
Yes because if you have shit consistency it will take you way longer to get those best scores
Yuudachi-kun

Minhtam wrote:

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

Or you can just never do tournaments ever
Minhtam

Khelly wrote:

Minhtam wrote:

Or you can just never do tournaments ever
But then how else will you make a name for yourself?
Endaris

Minhtam wrote:

Shitposting on GnR
Ha, that was easy.
chainpullz

Minhtam wrote:

Good joke, that's why everyone knew Austria was full of tournament gods when OWC came around this year right?
Saphirshroom
Who's Austria?