forum

Mapset and Spread Restructure (Proposed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
sellyme

Why exactly do we need more [Easy] and [Normal] diffs? A good difficulty spread is very important, which is why we need more Extras, not the other way around.
Ascendance
Why is there a council in the first place, that wasn't voted on DIRECTLY BY THE COMMUNITY in a COMMUNITY GAME
Zerss
Slayed_old_1
its time to delete all gds xddddd
DeletedUser_3886246

Zerss wrote:

Anxient

Wafu wrote:

I think it's a cool change honestly. We're forcing people to do the spread properly, which is absolutely alright in my opinion. We don't need the "fill-in" difficulties. There are usually there when mapper fails to make the spread consistent. On the other hand, I think this will prevent some people from mapping easy difficulties. Like really easy. Meaning, if there is some very fast song, people tend to make somewhat normal-ish easy, so lower difficulty would be sometimes appropriate.
i cant even tell if this is sarcasm anymore but ill assume that it is for the sake of my sanity
Sylvette

Anxient wrote:

Wafu wrote:

I think it's a cool change honestly. We're forcing people to do the spread properly, which is absolutely alright in my opinion. We don't need the "fill-in" difficulties. There are usually there when mapper fails to make the spread consistent. On the other hand, I think this will prevent some people from mapping easy difficulties. Like really easy. Meaning, if there is some very fast song, people tend to make somewhat normal-ish easy, so lower difficulty would be sometimes appropriate.
i cant even tell if this is sarcasm anymore but ill assume that it is for the sake of my sanity
same
Chewin

KuranteMelodii wrote:

Does staffs drank this before posting this thread
I don't know what you are talking about my friend.
It has been decided by 2 or 3 people, whole mapping staff is against it.
Natteke desu

Anxient wrote:

Wafu wrote:

no it isn't
Zerss
should we buy the coins to revert this?
iloveyou4ever
Although I am not std player
but I don't agree with the structure
KOI_JAPAN
'exciting news'

You gonna be kidding me right?

If I claim a person's death would be exciting, what would be his response?
dung eater
This would mean a lot less well made ranked insane/extra diffs. Some more hard/easy diffs. Cleaner look when looking at ranked beatmaps, probably more comparable to commercial rhytm games.

I think it'd be better to add some category that's easier to rank for this kind of spreads (one diff per category), but let people do it how it's been done.

Mappers are not working for you, they do it because they want to. This would probably make them less likely to rank a map.

Please use carrot, not stick.

Also, why is this not news on the front page?
XVoIR
hi future visitors
kyle8998
I simply cannot agree with these changes.
It's too much limitation and it's going to result in less mappers and no creativity.
worst fl player
- GIDZ - : UR MUM
[TaikoTori]

Ascendance wrote:

Why is there a council in the first place, that wasn't voted on DIRECTLY BY THE COMMUNITY in a COMMUNITY GAME
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristocracy

But anyway. This discussion can rest now. The backlash was big enough, and i am sure the staff does not want to risk huge amounts of drops in the number of active players. Its okay, guys.
Chewin

LyWang wrote:

'exciting news'

lmfao yes xd
Yohanes
JamesHappy
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good newmapping™ go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌 newmapping™ right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (exciting news: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌GoodMapping™
Sylvette

LyWang wrote:

'exciting news'

lmao
Arphimigon
i pay 420 oss coins to revert change
Zerss
500 posts!
We did it!
Sylvette

Zerss wrote:

500 posts!
We did it!
Adding 1 more cuzynot
Bakuenjin
Welp. Looks like I can stop trying to finally rank a map.
Timorisu

LyWang wrote:

'exciting news'

mithew

-wwwww wrote:

-_-
Xilver15
Hello!

As part of the Criteria Council we are currently gathering feedback from what people leave, and we will sort it out in the next couple of days. In the meantime, we are going to observe how the current changes work and how they turn out to be. Please leave your constructive feedback in order for it to be considered by us, and make sure to stand out and give your valid reasons as to what you agree or disagree on.
worst fl player

JamesHappy wrote:

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good newmapping™ go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌 newmapping™ right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (exciting news: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌GoodMapping™
4Head
DeletedUser_3886246

Zerss wrote:

500 posts!
We did it!
Finally!
Zerss
rip 95% of the beatmapping community?
Nara

Nice!!
Timorisu

Xilver wrote:

Hello!

As part of the Criteria Council we are currently gathering feedback from what people leave, and we will sort it out in the next couple of days. In the meantime, we are going to observe how the current changes work and how they turn out to be. Please leave your constructive feedback in order for it to be considered by us, and make sure to stand out and give your valid reasons as to what you agree or disagree on.
p/4892856
RLC

Xilver wrote:

Hello!

Xilver wrote:

what people leave
mappers. goodbye
Histoire

Xilver wrote:

Hello!

I don't even
jonathanlfj
Approval rule: Can agree with this, but it shouldn't be retroactively applied to already submitted maps

Ranking rule: Remember the days when we can't have more than 8 difficulties in a mapset? Now we can't have more than 6. This just seems a huge step backwards to me and pleases no one.

Just my 2c
Anxient
XVoIR
Yuii-

Wafu wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/383715
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/361576
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/325107
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/341991

Oh, the irony :^)
Zerss

how to have a lot of memes and shitposts
show more