forum

Daniel Ingram - Hearts as Strong as Horses

posted
Total Posts
show more
HappyRocket88
Being that said, I have no more problems to boost this to the ranked page.
Gero
The mapset looks great, I have nothing to say about the spread.

~ Qualified ~
Makyu
Gratz!
fieryrage
01:41:490 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - why is this such a big jump??
HappyRocket88

fieryrage wrote:

01:41:490 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - why is this such a big jump??
I honestly find it suitable because the vocals goes stronger as well as the jumps. It isn't really big when is consistent and flows intuitively throughout the difficulty.
Sieg
Jumps are fine imo.

something that caught my eye within 5 minutes i spend looking at Arphimigon's For The Win!
You should probably pay more attention to why absolutely solid drum rolls here 00:08:586 (1,2,3) and there 00:10:038 (5,6,1) was torn apart. While 00:12:699 (2,3,4) or 00:16:328 (1,2,3) for example is a good usage for them, or even 00:39:070 (4,5,1) with the jump justified by weak->strong lyrics beats.
Also 00:56:006 (3,4,5) - is a bit inconsistent with what you used 5 other times in the difficulty for the same music(jump)->lyrics(plain)->lyrics pattern\song spot.
Yuii-
Finally I can mod again, god dammit osu!

Gotta agree with Sieg here.
Also 00:53:828 - clickable please :( makes more sense with both 00:51:651 (2) - and 00:56:006 (3) - .
Last thing I swear 01:35:925 (2,3) - rhythm is a bit odd here, what about http://puu.sh/n3vdG/7cc39156de.jpg ?

00:45:361 (2) - (On Easy) Nice Whistle! I'm not sure that's intentional :(

The overlaps on Hard seem to be a bit untidy, but that's just a personal preference.
riffy
I have to agree with Sieg here, the ideas he mentioned should be considered.

Also, while we are at it, I'd recommend to tune down Normal, as those intense 1/2 ccombos do not work well with the spread, I believe. Additionally, they make Normal itself feel more like a Normal+, which doesn't work with the song and spread here.
HappyRocket88
ztrot and Gero said the spread between the Easy and the Normal wasn't that big, and now, it was an issue for Bakari to DQ. XD
Topic Starter
diraimur
w e d i d i t b o i z
ok going to change a few things on my diff's while at it
Yuii-
I could prob. make a difficulty to fit the spread in case you need it.
Topic Starter
diraimur

Yuii- wrote:

If you have time I would love one actually \o/
/me runs
Firmatorenio
Rename mine into Advanced then, I guess..
Tfw my diff was originally planned as lowest.
Yuii-

diraimur wrote:

Yuii- wrote:

If you have time I would love one actually \o/
/me runs
Sure I will send it to you in a couple of hours, tell me if you like it or not!
Firmatorenio
Inb4 dirai circlejerk confirmed
ztrot
yeah no that spread is fine are you joking right now? we have 100 other maps in pending with top heavy bullshit and this gets pointed out for spread? I'm all for discussion and improvement of a set but spread was not an issue. it baffles me how we have all these other top heavy maps going through but a more simple and thought out map gets hit for things these +12 map sets break all the time I would think about getting priorities in order. I await to see if this improves the set. If the mapper is okay with it that is cool.
Shohei Ohtani
lmfao holy fucking shit D E S T R O Y E D

Also, while I don't agree with the fact that normal is "too hard", sometimes it feels that normal can be more dense than hard is, especially in the chorus. I'm not sure if it's actually like that or if the AR makes Hard seem less dense than normal.

But like it's fine, I don't see anything unrankably bad lmao
Firmatorenio
In case you're keeping this diff, you could rename it into Normal and rename mine into Advanced :o

no kds ofc lol

[Yuii-'s Standard]
00:11:248 (5) - this slider doesn't seem to work adsf
00:23:586 (6) - maybe drum-hitclap?
00:35:925 (1) - i think a 1/2 repeat works much better here
00:43:425 (1) - this slider looks out of style not to mention it just asks for a red point 1/2 in imo
00:50:441 (7,8,1) - the spacing looks a little bit derped here /me runs
01:20:441 (1,2) - remove the hitwhistle from (1) and put it on (2)'s head?
01:38:586 (3) - uhhhhhh

01:02:780 (4) - you may have wanted to NC this, though i don't understand that logic
Arphimigon
I entrust dirai to do any mods/enquiries relating to my diff as I am not going to be online for the next five or so days due to problems financially.
You know what you are doing and how I think enough so I trust that you won't mess it up.

Good luck with getting this set back all of you!

Also if all goes to worst, if you want you can wait until I come back and then I can remap the entire difficulty. It's really old and I have a lot of new ways of mapping now compared to before.

or you can remove it like I said was okay because I still feel like I'm stealing the highest difficulty spot with a really old map
Yuii-

Firmatorenio wrote:

In case you're keeping this diff, you could rename it into Normal and rename mine into Advanced - I'd leave that to diraimur if he feels like doing that. I wanted to be original with the diffname and still get it ranked with a common difficulty as "Standard" is.

[Yuii-'s Standard]
00:11:248 (5) - this slider doesn't seem to work adsf - Explain why. This slider is higlighting "town" in a separate object as it's differently noticeable when you are listening to the song.
00:23:586 (6) - maybe drum-hitclap? - Hitsounds were taken from your diff, I forgot this one I guess.
00:35:925 (1) - i think a 1/2 repeat works much better here - You are right here. However, I did notice this while mapping it and it was intentional due to amount of space. That's why I also decided to map 00:38:828 (6) - (deserves a repeater as well) the same way I did with the (1).
00:43:425 (1) - this slider looks out of style not to mention it just asks for a red point 1/2 in imo - Not out of style, that's like saying "old-fashioned"? Made something different as it sounded a bit weird, right.
00:50:441 (7,8,1) - the spacing looks a little bit derped here /me runs - u mad
01:20:441 (1,2) - remove the hitwhistle from (1) and put it on (2)'s head? - Aaaalright.
01:38:586 (3) - uhhhhhh - Same.

01:02:780 (4) - you may have wanted to NC this, though i don't understand that logic - There's no logic. I'm NC'ing every 2 stanzas.
Thanks for the mod, Firma. Much appreciate it.
(Also fixed a bunch of NCs and did a self-mod).

Update: http://puu.sh/n58S5/2d31e419f4.osu

I would love to get a couple of mods more before pushing this forward, try getting ztrot if that's possible haha. Updating every 2 hours will be tough, I will wait for all the modders to come.
Topic Starter
diraimur
To be blunt, I don't even have any slight idea why it was DQ'd at all.

From what I can tell, 1/4 jumps weren't welcome or sth but idk.
If Arphi's diff was mine I probably wouldn't change much, or perhaps anything at all, and I don't see any reason why its been DQ'd. However since it was not my map, I wanted Arphi's opinion about it (though it seems like he won't login for a while (which is fine because I need to find a few mods on Yuii-'s map anyway.).).

I was pretty sick when it was DQ'd anyway and morally depressed at the time as I was tired and I didn't really want something to ruin my day any more, so I didn't want to bother much about it.

With that being said, I'll let Arphi's map stay like that for a while.

Firmatorenio wrote:

no kds ofc lol
why?
Firmatorenio

Yuii- wrote:

Firmatorenio wrote:

00:11:248 (5) - this slider doesn't seem to work adsf - Explain why. This slider is higlighting "town" in a separate object as it's differently noticeable when you are listening to the song. //it's not that the slider doesn't work, it's the sliderend that doesn't work. I'd either extend the slider so it's 1/1 or just put a circle on the sliderhead.

diraimur wrote:

Firmatorenio wrote:

no kds ofc lol
why?
cuz i'm gder, duh
HappyRocket88
There's not any rule which prohibit GD'ers to receive kudosu for modding the map. But well, up to you. XD
Yuii-
That'd force me to split the vocals up when I really don't want to. Sometimes vocals will piss on your beats.
Topic Starter
diraimur

Firmatorenio wrote:

cuz i'm gder, duh

HappyRocket88 wrote:

There's not any rule which prohibit GD'ers to receive kudosu for modding the map. But well, up to you. XD
dis
meii18
Hello! I'm here to give a look at Yuii-'s difficulty.

[Yuii-'s Standard]
  1. I'm a bit confused regarding spacing.You're using 1.24x but there are still spacing issues regarding the non-kiai parts.I think you have to rework the spacing here just to avoid spacing issues.
    Note:The spacing changes in kiai parts are fine since the vocals are getting more stronger there
  2. This difficulty could be named 'Yuii-'s Normal' and Firman's difficulty to Advanced since this difficulty of Yuii- wasn't added just for an extra normal.It was added for a better spread since the spread gap between Easy and Firman's Normal was kinda big because Easy looks like it is fullfilled only with 2/1 sliders plus few notes and Firman's Normal is fullfilled mostly with 1/2 little sliders plus 2/1 slider plus notes which indeed this difficulty looks like an advanced difficulty(I agree with Bakari regarding the spread u_u).Just saying but it's up to the mapper of this mapset
  3. 00:11:732- Maybe adding a note here wouldn't hurt at all since there's still sound and it could be followed instead being ignored completely in my opinion and if you don't want to extend the slider from an 1/2 slider to 1/1 slider (starting and ending on 1/2 ticks,not 1/1 ticks as always)
  4. 01:22:135(1,2)- Honestly saying,this kind of pattern can be improved because the current one doesn't look really nice in my opinion.I suggest to try this kind of pattern for improving the pattern and also you will have the opportunity to try something creative let's say
  5. I really don't like the structure of the rhythm here.It's just my own opinion but some beats which are strongers some of them are mostly ignored and the players can be confused when it comes the time to click the respective objects.Here you following the vocals and the instruments as i can see but you can emphasize some strong beats instead leaving them empty so as I can see,it needs some improvement in rhythms.For example, 01:18:748(1,2,3)- I kinda don't like how you decided to structure the rhythm here and it is not really well structured the rhythm here because 01:18:506- the vocals are really stronger than 01:18:748(1,2,3)- I mean their pitch is increasing with the pronouncion of 'We've' so the first note can be placed here to give emphasis to the stronger vocals from 01:18:506-.Same with all patterns where you did same with the structure of the rhythm which doesn't looks really well to my eyes
Looks almost neat but it needs some work before pushing it forward I mean it needs some work on the structure of rhythms and on patterns to polish them much better in my opinion.Just get some mods(and from experienced modders if it's possible) to polish this difficulty much better and then it could be considered as 'ready for rank'.
Good Luck for now!
Topic Starter
diraimur

Sieg wrote:

Jumps are fine imo.

something that caught my eye within 5 minutes i spend looking at Arphimigon's For The Win!
You should probably pay more attention to why absolutely solid drum rolls here 00:08:586 (1,2,3) and there 00:10:038 (5,6,1) was torn apart. While 00:12:699 (2,3,4) or 00:16:328 (1,2,3) for example is a good usage for them, or even 00:39:070 (4,5,1) with the jump justified by weak->strong lyrics beats. Sliders and circles play different when it comes to gameplay, since sliders have leniency which circles don't have, so it stays.
Also 00:56:006 (3,4,5) - is a bit inconsistent with what you used 5 other times in the difficulty for the same music(jump)->lyrics(plain)->lyrics pattern\song spot. I guess you mean spacing, and while I do kinda agree with it, I think this fits the map difficulty curve better, and its not entirely inconsistent spacing. (getting harder as it progress throughout first kiai.)
Thanks for the mod.

Yuii- wrote:

Finally I can mod again, god dammit osu!

Gotta agree with Sieg here. read above
Also 00:53:828 - clickable please :( makes more sense with both 00:51:651 (2) - and 00:56:006 (3) - . its done consistenly throughout the kiai's, and sliders being held for long enough to have an impact on the end.
Last thing I swear 01:35:925 (2,3) - rhythm is a bit odd here, what about http://puu.sh/n3vdG/7cc39156de.jpg ? imo it's weirder /me runs

00:45:361 (2) - (On Easy) Nice Whistle! I'm not sure that's intentional :( removed

The overlaps on Hard seem to be a bit untidy, but that's just a personal preference. tried to fix a few of them
Thanks for the mod too.

Keep in mind that while Arphi did give me permission to change the map, I still want his opinion about this once he comes.
Yuii-

ByBy13 wrote:

Hello! I'm here to give a look at Yuii-'s difficulty.

[Yuii-'s Standard]
  1. I'm a bit confused regarding spacing.You're using 1.24x but there are still spacing issues regarding the non-kiai parts.I think you have to rework the spacing here just to avoid spacing issues. - I'm using 1.10x~1.20x during the non-kiai parts and 1.4x on the Kiais. Intended, nothing to rework and completely permitted/rankable.
  2. This difficulty could be named 'Yuii-'s Normal' and Firman's difficulty to Advanced - diramuir should decide this, for me it's not a big deal.
  3. 00:11:732- Maybe adding a note here wouldn't hurt at all since there's still sound and it could be followed instead being ignored completely in my opinion and if you don't want to extend the slider from an 1/2 slider to 1/1 slider (starting and ending on 1/2 ticks,not 1/1 ticks as always). I'm trying to omit some beats throughout the difficulty, especially on the non-kiais, as you can figure out in: 00:14:151 - 00:16:570 - 00:21:893 - etc. Isn't a bad idea, but remember that I'm trying to find a balance between the Advanced and the Easy, so I really want to make it simple.
  4. 01:22:135(1,2)- Honestly saying,this kind of pattern can be improved because the current one doesn't look really nice in my opinion.I suggest to try this kind of pattern for improving the pattern and also you will have the opportunity to try something creative let's say. - Not trying to be creative or anything here, just making something different which in this case is completely okay, I'd say. Your pattern does indeed have a problem that I'm trying to avoid and that's making the slider-end having a similar direction to where the following object is going to be. With the pattern you suggested the slider-head of (2) is looking to the opposite side where (1) ends, meaning that'd break completely with what I am trying to do, you know?
  5. I really don't like the structure of the rhythm here.It's just my own opinion but some beats which are strongers some of them are mostly ignored and the players can be confused when it comes the time to click the respective objects.Here you following the vocals and the instruments as i can see but you can emphasize some strong beats instead leaving them empty so as I can see,it needs some improvement in rhythms.For example, 01:18:748(1,2,3)- I kinda don't like how you decided to structure the rhythm here and it is not really well structured the rhythm here because 01:18:506- the vocals are really stronger than 01:18:748(1,2,3)- I mean their pitch is increasing with the pronouncion of 'We've' so the first note can be placed here to give emphasis to the stronger vocals from 01:18:506-.Same with all patterns where you did same with the structure of the rhythm which doesn't looks really well to my eyes - I'll explain you what I did with this difficulty even if I already replied it at the beginning. This difficulty is supposed to fit the spread, meaning not 1/2 spam and following a very simple rhythm, I want to make it easy and I am really satisfied with what I did in less than 45 minutes. By taking a look at Firma's diff you would see that all the things you pointed out were simplified from his difficulty, and indeed, the parts are mapped more or less in a similar way (see 01:18:506 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - for reference on Firma's). You want to know which is the difference? I replace 2 of his 1/2s and made 1 1/2 with a repeater and ignored the last beat, that's what I did. In the entire difficulty, no more. Added some breaks to avoid slider spam whilst mapping the most important stuff, following both vocals and beats at the same time. No tricks here. Yes, the beat you mentioned at the beginning of the mod could be map, but it won't be there for a personal preference of balancing the spread, not too much density, it's magic.
    The density increases a lot during Kiais for the spread, as well. Everything is done according to numbers. Calculated to perfection, including the "random spacing" on it. You already know this, Byby, but sometimes you can't expect to see everything mapped on lower difficulties unless there's a huge break in between. Here's a complete 1/1 spam, not so many breaks, just enough for players to recovery after every object clicked.
Thanks for the mod, Byby! Much appreciate it.
Update: http://puu.sh/n5gxk/8f1bf57474.osu

@diraimur: Please, say something about the diffnames because this will be an endless spam.
Topic Starter
diraimur

Yuii- wrote:

@diraimur: Please, say something about the diffnames because this will be an endless spam.
Ok going to change names.

ByBy13 wrote:

I agree with Bakari regarding the spread u_u
I don't necessarily agree with this, both diffs were under 2 stars to start with, which means easy difficulty doesn't even need to exist, and lets not forget song is merely 124 bpm anyway. However, each to their own I guess...
Thanks a bunch for the mod, by the way!
Firmatorenio
Mfw i was called Firman :D
Topic Starter
diraimur

Firmatorenio wrote:

Mfw i was called Firman :D
firfilly
Arphimigon

Sieg wrote:

Also 00:56:006 (3,4,5) - is a bit inconsistent with what you used 5 other times in the difficulty for the same music(jump)->lyrics(plain)->lyrics pattern\song spot.

Yuii- wrote:

Gotta agree with Sieg here.
00:53:828 - clickable please
As much as I want to change this, it doesn't make sense patterning wise with this old af diff.

Yuii- wrote:

Last thing I swear 01:35:925 (2,3) - rhythm is a bit odd here, what about http://puu.sh/n3vdG/7cc39156de.jpg ?
As much ass that makes sense, my old-style patterning and rhythmical style doesn't fit that.
Aka. I'd change that rhythm if I remapped.

tl;dr I'm either going to remap this diff to be WAY more like my modern mapping and accept these mods in the process, or not change at all. Both styles of mapping are so different, but lots of people would really like to see this map stay. I'll have to think about that.

ztrot wrote:

we have 100 other maps in pending with top heavy bullshit
pls z using other maps to justify your own usually sux
...although I can agree with what you said
Kathex
plz, my cat can play the easy :?
Nerova Riuz GX
whatever lol

[yuii-]
gonna take some byby's words here, and I'll suggest to reconsider about what she said

00:11:732 - should add something here, or extend the slider. 00:09:070 (2,3) - according to this one we can see that you're mostly following the vocal, and there's a clear vocal at this point. AT LEAST the vocal here is stronger than 00:11:490 - . probably omitting notes does make sense, but you don't even need to add anything if you're going to extend the slider.

00:22:135 (4,5,6) - I might be against this pattern because it's not saturated enough. first, they are long vocals, and cant be well covered by just three single circles. second, the pattern brings changes between 1/1 and 3/2 gaps in a short time. I don't think making them commonly changed is a good idea, something like 00:13:183 (2,3,4) - is much enough, after all you can't find that much 3/2 gaps in the whole diff.

Though this map is aiming for preventing too much 1/2 spam, most of the objects are still 1/2 sliders and circles, long sliders are not that common. they create some gaps, which is a little bit kinda random, and make the diff less saturated.
Arphimigon
Replying for Yuii:

ignored the first suggestion for consistency and applied the second one because he's kinda "right" (even though I completely disagree) but seems that nobody likes a spam of circles on normals lel
don't know if you want me to make the full reply or just will leave you with the wording
thanks in advance btw, really appreciate it

dl here http://puu.sh/n81A9/876644d2a0.osu

also 666th post
Topic Starter
diraimur

Nerova Riuz GX wrote:

whatever lol

[yuii-]
gonna take some byby's words here, and I'll suggest to reconsider about what she said

00:11:732 - should add something here, or extend the slider. 00:09:070 (2,3) - according to this one we can see that you're mostly following the vocal, and there's a clear vocal at this point. AT LEAST the vocal here is stronger than 00:11:490 - . probably omitting notes does make sense, but you don't even need to add anything if you're going to extend the slider.

00:22:135 (4,5,6) - I might be against this pattern because it's not saturated enough. first, they are long vocals, and cant be well covered by just three single circles. second, the pattern brings changes between 1/1 and 3/2 gaps in a short time. I don't think making them commonly changed is a good idea, something like 00:13:183 (2,3,4) - is much enough, after all you can't find that much 3/2 gaps in the whole diff.

Though this map is aiming for preventing too much 1/2 spam, most of the objects are still 1/2 sliders and circles, long sliders are not that common. they create some gaps, which is a little bit kinda random, and make the diff less saturated.
Thanks for the feedback.

Arphimigon wrote:

Replying for Yuii:

ignored the first suggestion for consistency and applied the second one because he's kinda "right" (even though I completely disagree) but seems that nobody likes a spam of circles on normals lel
don't know if you want me to make the full reply or just will leave you with the wording
thanks in advance btw, really appreciate it

dl here http://puu.sh/n81A9/876644d2a0.osu

also 666th post
...Is that the old diff? It says Yuii-'s Standart instead of Yuii's Normal. ;-;
Arphimigon
Idk that's just what I was told to give you ;-;
Also make Voli's diff CS3.5 and its good to go Kappa
Firmatorenio
wth

tick rate 2 pls /me runs
also we don't need arphi's diff anymore lol
Yuii-
I can mod Voli's diff if needed l3l
Topic Starter
diraimur
Well you can mod it, however only do it if you think its good enough, like not bad but you know, I personally kinda find the map out of place from the set. Thanks in either way anyway
edit: got positive feedback on voli's diff therefore decided to keep it \o/
show more