forum

Fifty's Tablet Covers

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Fifty

S[u]nD[e]Yz wrote:

Could it replace an older cover or is a problem? I mean will it stick to the surface normally?
Absolutely. Although the adhesive is fairly strong (so it doesn't move around when you're playing) they are designed to be removable.
Acuiasa
Just started using a tablet, I should pick up one of these.
Osukaa
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for mine 3 weeks and counting... QQ
Topic Starter
Fifty

Osukaa wrote:

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for mine 3 weeks and counting... QQ
I'm sorry about that. Message me your info please. I'll figure out what went wrong.
SmallerMoonstar

Pituophis wrote:

Had mine for my 420 for a month. Worked well and scratches didn't seem to have a negative effect.
Getting one for my CTL480
So, as a consumer of this product, was the quality of the picture very high? There's only been one review since Fifty has gotten his new printer and idk how the quality is now, heard his previous printer kinda washed out the colors. Care to share?
Topic Starter
Fifty

SmallerMoonstar wrote:

So, as a consumer of this product, was the quality of the picture very high? There's only been one review since Fifty has gotten his new printer and idk how the quality is now, heard his previous printer kinda washed out the colors. Care to share?
You can view many pictures on Discord. http://hnng.moe/35t The quality has greatly improved in comparison to my old printer.
Mahogany
Hey Fifty, I've been wondering whether you've had any more thoughts on expanding onto mousepad covers? I recently got a new mousepad and the material feels slightly unpleasant when it's cold, and I was thinking I might benefit from trying a mousepad cover.
KanoSet

Mahogany wrote:

Hey Fifty, I've been wondering whether you've had any more thoughts on expanding onto mousepad covers? I recently got a new mousepad and the material feels slightly unpleasant when it's cold, and I was thinking I might benefit from trying a mousepad cover.
unless they make a perfect sensor that trakes perfectly fine with every surface and every color, that isn't a good idea for competitve gaming.. but if you just want a good looking mouse pad for.. i dunno.. anything that doesn't require fast/accurate movement and fifty got a nice surface for it that would be neat

tl;dr: a mouse pad with a pic on it is a bad idea for osu or compitive gaming in general
there was a talk about that few pages backward
Mahogany
I'd be willing to at least give it a shot and see how it works out for me. I tend to take everything Zenny says as an exaggeration because of how super OCD he is about his mice, and I'm unsure if I'd even notice the difference.

And yeah, I'm not super-competitive or anything in the first place, though you can probably tell
KanoSet

Mahogany wrote:

I'd be willing to at least give it a shot and see how it works out for me. I tend to take everything Zenny says as an exaggeration because of how super OCD he is about his mice, and I'm unsure if I'd even notice the difference.

And yeah, I'm not super-competitive or anything in the first place, though you can probably tell
ye i would like to give it a shot as well
but it would hard to find a proper mat and it will take much effort than it would propaply worth
it's up to fifty tho
i want Ene on my mousepad <3
ZenithPhantasm

Mahogany wrote:

How is it exaggeration when I have proof for my claims? Its a well known fact mice perform suboptimally on different colored mousepads.
ZenithPhantasm
Tbh if Fifty is making these mousepads happen I wont mind buying one for use with my HTPC but you definitely wont catch me playing osu with it.
Mahogany

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

How is it exaggeration when I have proof for my claims? Its a well known fact mice perform suboptimally on different colored mousepads.
Because you'd notice any difference no matter how tiny, when it's something that I might not even notice at all
Topic Starter
Fifty

Mahogany wrote:

I have in fact thought some more about this. I've got two strawpolls here, and on discord, that will help determine if this is viable or not.

http://strawpoll.me/6609040

http://strawpoll.me/6609048
ZenithPhantasm
Rubber mousepads are best. Washable, durable, consistent, and stable.
Tho I prefer polyester cloth surfaces
KanoSet

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Rubber mousepads are best. Washable, durable, consistent, and stable.
rubber mat with 15$ would be neat
/poll
ZenithPhantasm
Glass mousepad would be nice too since no one makes them anymore. Never forget SS Icemat
Topic Starter
Fifty

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Glass mousepad would be nice too since no one makes them anymore. Never forget SS Icemat
Glass would be difficult to ship at a reasonable price.

In other news, custom rubber mousepads will be available soon, as the most voted for option.
Mahogany
\:D/
ZenithPhantasm
You could try making PBT mousepads if you can get your hands on sheets of them and sandblast/beadblast them.
Topic Starter
Fifty
I've run into some trouble with the rubber mouse pads. Upon testing the ink wears off under moderate-heavy use in a rather short timespan. I'm confident that cloth/fabric topped mouse pads would have a significantly longer lifespan. Now the question is what you guys would prefer.

As a side note, clear PBT sheets could work quite well, however the cost would be too high.
ZenithPhantasm
Can you do cloth mousepads with a very tightly packed foam base or better yet a solid sheet of rubber? Its best to add an embossing texture to the back as well
Fukita
Edit: Found it.

So, it looks good, I gonna request an Tablet Cover, when I have enough money.

And please edit the photo on this thread, with some other currencies, like £ (Pounds) or € (Euros) :D

6$ (because of shipping thing) = around 5.40€
6$ = around 4.16£
Shikese
Not sure if i was scammed or he died or some shit but 2 weeks ago i bought one of these over skype and it still hasn't arrived and he is not replying
Topic Starter
Fifty

Shikese wrote:

Not sure if i was scammed or he died or some shit but 2 weeks ago i bought one of these over skype and it still hasn't arrived and he is not replying
I don't have any unread messages on Skype, but it could just be my skype being buggy. Please PM me your info, and I'll get this sorted out. Sorry for the trouble.
Shikese
Did you get my PM
Lakx
Do you ship here in the Philippines? I really want one.
Your_Doge
Would you do them for the new intuos tablet?
Topic Starter
Fifty

Your_Doge wrote:

Would you do them for the new intuos tablet?
Absolutely. I can make them for any tablet model.
Asaiga
May I ask if there is a difference using a tablet's surface and tablet cover on drawing? Like im using ctl480 atm, does apply a cover affect lining or anything? Or this is just simply for cosmetic purpose and the cover's surface feels the same as tablet's?
Mahogany
Cover surface feels a lot different: It's smoother, and feels like the difference between drawing on say "Sandy concrete" (Wacom tablet surface) and "Laminated paper" (Covers)

The feel is a great improvement imho and I'm missing mine after changing tablet.
Asaiga

Mahogany wrote:

Cover surface feels a lot different: It's smoother, and feels like the difference between drawing on say "Sandy concrete" (Wacom tablet surface) and "Laminated paper" (Covers)
Laminated? Then it's too slippery for drawing, isn't it?
Mahogany
I'm no artist, but I'd say yeah, it might be problematic for drawing.

They're easily removable and re-attachable, though, in case you wanted to use a cover for osu and the surface for art.
WubWoofBacon
He said he sent it and it still hasn't got here after almost a whole month. i gave the correct address for him to send it to so i'm stuck here wondering if he even sent it at all. ._.
edit- it's been over a month now as of 5/8/16
Kert

WubWoofBacon wrote:

He said he sent it and it still hasn't got here after almost a whole month. i gave the correct address for him to send it to so i'm stuck here wondering if he even sent it at all. ._.
p/4969527
Not surprising
WubWoofBacon
yeah this guy is probably a scammer ._.
mukyuuhikuu

Kert wrote:

WubWoofBacon wrote:

p/4969527
Not surprising

WubWoofBacon wrote:

yeah this guy is probably a scammer ._.
Bummer. was really looking forward to buying a cover from this guy. :?
Alot of people are complaining on his discord too.
shARPII
Well, I discovered this topic today and I'm a bit disappointed to not notice it before.
Even if the idea behind is great for players, I'd like to avoid the promotion of 'money transactions' on osu! forums.

The thing is you can't trust someone who's doing stuff under the table like that, he's not a company so he can do whatever he wants.
You're paying him at your own risk and we don't want to have osu! related to this, you can understand that.
The only place which is 100% trustable here is the osu! shop.

If you really want a tablet cover, I ordered one to someone who was really active in the osu! community before (not that much now but yeah).
I link you his twitter page where you can find information about it : https://twitter.com/horocchi . I'm not leading you to his tablet cover stuff directly because osu! forum isn't the place for that but, at least, I help you a little bit. Don't forget this is something you do at your own risk.

If you have any question, feel free to contact me through PM on the website or IG.