forum

Improving terrible timing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SN7
Hey guys. Im fairly new to osu! but im having a blast playing the game. However, i cant time my clicks at all. Especially on maps that have changing speeds between beats. I keep getting 50s and 100s all the time and often click way too fast. Could you propose me some good maps for that type of training? Note that 3,5 stars are my upper limit for now (i can finish them around 85% acc usually). Thanks in advance, cheers!
Deva
Play more maps that you can get at least A on
85% is shit acc even on your level
Topic Starter
SN7

HK_ wrote:

Play more maps that you can get at least A on
85% is shit acc even on your level
Yeah i know its not great ACC, still its only 4th day im playing the game. Around 3 stars i get above 90% on most maps, just cant keep up with harder ones yet. Also on the faster maps i lose ACC due to not following sliders well enough, but thats something im working on.
Sojana
Try not to think about star rating or pp, u said u played 4 days. Just play anything u can get good acc on 95%+

I always wanted to say this.... Play more I remember myself asking for advice when I started playing (I still suck at the game so I guess it was a lie afterall)

I guess I have to spamm more big black and image material to get better.
Sayorie
Play your favorite songs so that you won't get frustrated as much.
Yuudachi-kun
Be like me and never improve
ZenithPhantasm
Sit properly or you'll end up with nerve issues like me
ithgyu
you dont really need to worry about accuracy atm tbh. when you do want to get better acc though, you have to actually listen to the music and understand the timing
Yuudachi-kun

II Jelli II wrote:

you dont really need to worry about accuracy atm tbh. when you do want to get better acc though, you have to actually listen to the music and understand the timing
I still haven't figured it out.
ithgyu
click the circles. to the beat :^)
Sojana

Khelly wrote:

II Jelli II wrote:

I still haven't figured it out.
Me neither... everytime I try to tap to music it gets akward and I fuck up where I usualy wouldn't. So I stick to watch the circles rather than listen to music. Guess it's preference or I am just bad with rythm.
DeathHydra
Tap according to the music. If you can't do this then try to read the approach circle carefully. If you can't do this either, then just be like me and Khelly and don't give a fuck about acc
Yuudachi-kun

II Jelli II wrote:

TATOE
Topic Starter
SN7

II Jelli II wrote:

I guess, but not all songs are mapped properly to the beat. Thats why i asked for some recommendations, atleast half of songs i found have really bad beatmaps that dont flow well with the rythm.
Jellyfish McGub
heres a life hack... after every tap try to raise your hand upwards as much as possible. hand or arm. you shouldnt be tapping with your fingers, that's another thing.
Jellyfish McGub
heres a video for reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm-zilvu8F0

basically every cookiezi video shows it but be careful with streaming because it is really difficult to not use your fingers for those. still, try to raise your fingers up as much as possible
Topic Starter
SN7

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

heres a life hack... after every tap try to raise your hand upwards as much as possible. hand or arm. you shouldnt be tapping with your fingers, that's another thing.
Ok that actualy helped a lot, i can actualy time much easier thanks to that. Tires arm a lot but thats a very good tip, thanks.
Jellyfish McGub
once you get the rhythm down you dont have to strain your hand/arm as much. also hd is good if you want to take it a step further ^^
Sayorie

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

Your advice is godsend. I will love you forever with all my heart. Thanks.
KanoSet

SN7 wrote:

I guess, but not all songs are mapped properly to the beat. Thats why i asked for some recommendations, atleast half of songs i found have really bad beatmaps that dont flow well with the rythm.
if they weren't mapped properly to the beat it won't get ranked in the first place
you just still lack on reading skills which comes with playing more and more

II Jelli II wrote:

DeathHydra

SN7 wrote:

Can you tell us what songs you played that's not mapped properly? Let us tell you if it is mapped properly or not
Topic Starter
SN7

DeathAdderz wrote:

Can you tell us what songs you played that's not mapped properly? Let us tell you if it is mapped properly or not

Apparently those were some old maps that i got from downloading old packs, i already removed them. Also thanks to advice i got before + some practice my ACC skyrocketed.
N0thingSpecial

SN7 wrote:

DeathAdderz wrote:

Apparently those were some old maps that i got from downloading old packs, i already removed them. Also thanks to advice i got before + some practice my ACC skyrocketed.
Old maps = not mapped properly

by today's standards maybe, but there's no need to remove them lol.
Yuudachi-kun
Old maps are good
show more