posted
Total Posts
show more
jyling
best advice ever :) :)
Zedivh
Advice 10/10 :3
lovetap
This is the realest sh*t I've ever seen on osu! hahaha.
I'm gonna have to show my "New to this game and think they are getting into OWC" friends this forum. :lol:
Mahogany

[ Ryushi ] wrote:

This is the realest sh*t I've ever seen on osu! hahaha.
I'm gonna have to show my "New to this game and think they are getting into OWC" friends this forum. :lol:
So you mean this guy?
VnSoul
How ironic that this guy who wrote this is banned
jimihenrik

Aws3m wrote:

there is onlyone thing that i hate.. why doall these maps get wau harder attghe end of the map?
like you aer playing smoothly with a little bit of mistakes but you manage to get till the end almost and there is a break.. then all of a sudden out of nowhere the beatmap gets faster and more cirkels andyou fail..
i mean what's up with that? seriously i hate that.. you are so happy that yopu beat the map and then all of a sudden you fail instantly..
that's not motivational at all..

sorry for typo's to lazy to correct them
I know I'm a couple of months late but this is something mainly TV-sized songs seem to do to inflate the star rating/pp gain. If you feel you can beat maps "that hard" but the end kills you, just try a map that is around the same difficulty but 3+ minutes long.
Darth_Mula

VnSoul wrote:

How ironic that this guy who wrote this is banned
ha
hnmk13
Nice job writing all that.I just finished reading and I gotta say this is some pretty helpful advice
Kyozoru
I recommend to just play and play, even peppy will agree to this :v
Sotodashi
Play and play and play

until you get frustrated and throw your pen into the wall
SonPuma
You Don't Actually Follow The Beat Of The Song
That really helped me alot with streaming
Before I was usually just spamming the buttons, and went either to fast or to slow
and this time I just tried listening to the beat and after a few tries it was suddenly so easy to stream without losing stamina and getting alot of 100s or 50s.
I only need to work on the stamina now because the first half i was above 97% :)

ivan
~
zoze
Good advice
KazuMaeshima
for OSU mania, one thing i can really say is, get a really comfy keyboard for you to play on. Please dont use laptop keyboard(if you are using a laptop to play on one.

Any keyboard will do as long as they have ghosting abilities. if you have cash to spare, go with mechanical keyboard. IMHO though~
Saberis_old
Nice thread!

Thank you :D
JakshaOG
It really helped me ! :) Thanks alot
OliviaMay
I have a reoccurring problem with nearly every competitive game I play... I'm a king of mental blocks. Often times i find myself getting past a spot where i couldn't before, just because i was day dreaming. I do better when i'm thinking about something else while playing many games. I've tried to find some kind of help for this, but everywhere I've looked.. I've come up blank.
Novalogic
Just enjony game ;x I know it may sound cliche, but it really works. If you have fun while playing, don't care about potential misses, then you get much better results.
Hikek
Recommendation to players thinking of getting a tablet....unless your going to be using it to actually draw with it buy either the H420 or the osu! official tablet they are both around $30. There's no point of spending $150 on something that $30 can do just as well of a job on. I just started on the H420 take a few songs to get used to the tablet itself then a few more to figure out what sensitivity feels right. A balance between speed and accuracy. then as he said stick to it i have mine set to 4.00x and its perfect. I feel like I started to improve faster now that i have one and it makes the game more fun atleast for me.

I am a newer player and I was looking for what i should avoid doing habit wise I got to say this is a realy good post, there's no god d**** chill in it xD. I'm glad to say i haven't fell victim to any of these except the snapping but thats something I'll get better at with time.
Iciee
Sorry for bumping this thread but, we need more players like you on this community, not these lazy fucks that deny on noobs that wants to get good and expecting an answer from the lazy ones. I get it, your ranking (aim, accuracy, etc etc.) is more important than improving this community and making it more popular around the world but seriously, I hate those kind of people.

Not to mention its really a dick move when players (with a rank of #1000+) sees a "3-4* Join Game" lobby and they join in to show off and shit while losing time to rank up on higher level maps...

But don't take it the wrong way, those guys are actually good and yes they had a shit day but it doesn't give them the rights to not help out the noobs or show off at a multiplayer lobby.
Mahogany
I think you should stop caring so much about everything and just try to relax and enjoy the game lest your own annoyance that is being directed towards these people does the opposite of improving the community. The high rank players are just trying to have fun, too. For all you know they've just had a really shit day, and just want to relax on maps they find easy, while being social and able to chat and forget about their day. They most likely have absolutely no malicious intentions, and don't need you to judge them like that.

Iciee wrote:

But don't take it the wrong way, those guys are actually good and yes they had a shit day but it doesn't give them the rights to not help out the noobs or show off at a multiplayer lobby.
They have a right to play the game in whatever manner they want to. Unless they say it themselves, you cannot prove they're joining to "show off".

And it's rude to give advice directly to people if it's not asked for, and they have no obligation to offer you any help in the first place.
Ambrew
Dude, I play on a trackpad. thats about all i'm going to say.
Baka94
I'm actually having mostly hard time finding maps that have a suitable difficulty for me, because you can't always trust on the star rating on the map. It might be possible that something else is also preventing me from improving, but I just don't have any idea what it could be :/
Yuudachi-kun
Or you could just stop being fucking apprehensive and play the map anyways to find out if it's for you
Baka94

Khelly wrote:

Or you could just stop being fucking apprehensive and play the map anyways to find out if it's for you
I can't really say if your post was supposed to be a reply to me, but anyway...

For me it's not about begin apprehensive. It's mostly about keeping the game interesting. If the maps you play don't get too hard too fast and you "hit a wall", you end up grinding difficult maps over and over again, which is very boring for me.
Yuudachi-kun
You're just saying that you can't find a map at a difficulty for you. Play the god damn maps at the difficulty you think is right then decide if you want to play it some more or not. It's not that hard.
Deva

Baka94 wrote:

It might be possible that something else is also preventing me from improving
Yes, you arent playing enough.
Baka94

HK_ wrote:

Yes, you arent playing enough.
Not quiet what I meant. I do play osu! almost every day c:
Yuudachi-kun
I can play for 20 minutes and call that everyday too
Baka94

Khelly wrote:

I can play for 20 minutes and call that everyday too
True. I usually play whenever I don't have anything else to do. I usually play in a several short "sessions" (usually 5-10 sessions where I play 3-7 maps depending on the length of the maps) in one day. If I happen to play multiplayer with my friends I might play longer than that depending on how long others want to play. So, I'd say that the average playing time per day would be something between 30 min - 90 min. How long you think I should be playing per day? And should I keep "break days" where I don't play much or at all?
Yuudachi-kun
3 hours a day no long breaks if you want to actually improve and not see mediocre results.
Endaris
Session length of 60min and above is advisable for rapid improvement if you don't do any specific warmup before as you will need 15-30min before you actually get warm. If you stop playing once you warmed up you're not really going to get results.
Personally I tend to do a lot worse if I do a second session on the same day if the first one was long(=90min+) cause my fingers have kind of given up or something.
Deva

Khelly wrote:

3 hours a day no long breaks if you want to actually improve and not see mediocre results.
2 hours a day is ok too but anything bellow that is just dumb and waste of time
Yuudachi-kun
I wouldn't trust 2, but only because it takes me an hour to warm up.
Baka94
Okay, thanks. I'll have to see if I can find enough time to play that long, possibly leaving out some other stuff I do every now and then to be able to play longer in one go. I also still need to figure out how long it takes me to warm up.
CornSoda

Endaris wrote:

Session length of 60min and above is advisable for rapid improvement if you don't do any specific warmup before as you will need 15-30min before you actually get warm. If you stop playing once you warmed up you're not really going to get results.
Personally I tend to do a lot worse if I do a second session on the same day if the first one was long(=90min+) cause my fingers have kind of given up or something.
Gee, no wonders why I suck so much. But really I am improving even if I am not doing 60 mins or more a day. But I play more games that I'm rapidly getting better at, like Geometry Dash. So I don't play as much osu! as I used to. Not saying I will leave anytime soon, just will be playing less :arrow: k that's all I got
Baka94
I've been playing in longer sessions (~60min) and I have noticed that after some point I start performing worse than usual. My performance does increase during warm up, but some time after that it just suddenly drops at some point. Anyone have any idea why this happens?
Mahogany
Are you getting mad?
Are you playing new maps or playing maps you've already played?
Are you getting bored/tired?
Do you have attention span issues?
Yuudachi-kun

Baka94 wrote:

I've been playing in longer sessions (~60min) and I have noticed that after some point I start performing worse than usual. My performance does increase during warm up, but some time after that it just suddenly drops at some point. Anyone have any idea why this happens?
When that happened I stopped playing for fcs and pp and started playing fun, challenging maps ranked or unranked.
Ambient
Play to have a good time fam, it's not all about ranks but to some people it is and if you can get passed that everything becomes a whole lot funner and less salty.
show more