forum

How to improve on fast jumps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tedda
Deva
Thats because you play 4* maps with one 6* spike. Play more.
Topic Starter
Tedda
deletemyaccount
Hi Tedda :)

From the sounds if it, you probably lack the speed and ability in order to pass these sections.

It is perfectly natural so don't worry about it and focus on how you can pass these sections; either by playing higher bpm maps (doubletime!?) or more maps similar to what you struggle with but at a lower difficulty so you can slowly get more acclimated to fcing fast jumps. I personally wouldn't retry the same maps/sections over and over however; this will probably do more harm than good.

It won't happen overnight but keep at it and one day you will play the same map and wonder what was so hard!
Deva

Tedda wrote:

If this was what you were referring to
I didnt mean that, in fact i didnt even see it. What you said perfectly fits image of some one who passed airman and thinks he can play 7* maps even tho it just has just one difficulty spike at the end and it has ridiculously low HP.

Also you wont get better answer than one Philantropist gave you.
Topic Starter
Tedda
Topic Starter
Tedda
Deva
Of course you didnt say "I passed this ridiculously hard map, so that makes me able to 7* maps."
You said "I passed this ridiculously hard map, so that makes me able to 6* maps."
Topic Starter
Tedda
FieryLight
Rather than telling you that you shouldn't be doing this (and I really think you shouldn't just as it seems everyone else replying appears to feel), here's what I suggest:

Learn speed and aim separately. Once you've gotten the aim down, speed is pretty easy to gain. However, if you only want to pass maps then learn speed first (play easy maps with DT) and the play the map you want to pass repeatedly until you fluke the aim and eventually pass (not likely if you play a map that is actually hard throughout and is longer than a minute and a half).
Topic Starter
Tedda
FieryLight

Tedda wrote:

But, "Rather than telling you that you shouldn't be doing this (and I really think you shouldn't just as it seems everyone else replying appears to feel)" I'm not sure what you're saying here.
If you want to improve in osu! in general or get to the point where you can FC a 6* map, you are not going to get there faster by just learning to pass 6* maps. You need to properly improve slowly by first playing things of your skill level. But since you might not care for being able to ever FC a 6* map or improving in osu! in an efficient manner, I gave you the advice you asked for anyway.
Endaris

FieryLight wrote:

Once you've gotten the aim down, speed is pretty easy to gain.
Liar :cry:
Topic Starter
Tedda
deletemyaccount
Everyone improves at different rates and is better/worse at different aspects.

Improvement tends to happen at a linear rate until you hit a wall; this then usually requires more effort and time to "break through the ceiling", metaphorically speaking.

There are no shortcuts. It's why people will tell you to play more; because it really is the solution to any "improvement issue", albeit you can arguably expedite the process by playing specific maps and focusing on your weaker aspects.

shortpotato has a very good explanation of this on his userpage; I highly suggest you give it a look.
KanoSet
tl;dr: play more and enjoy game pls
Sporadik

KanoSet wrote:

tl;dr: play more and enjoy game pls
ENJOY GAME!!! that's what almost every shitpost in the forums is missing, some players tend to play more but just can't find the fun in the game, always remember rrtyui's advice #NEVERFORGET :)
Yuudachi-kun
Rrtyui can't speak proper English so who knows what his true meaning was.
N0thingSpecial
idk I just go find some +200 BPM 6* jump maps and play them once in while, and i slowly see myself getting better score and acc
Sporadik

Khelly wrote:

welp, we just have to take is as is, don't we? not knowing the true meaning behind those words 8-) xDD
Yuudachi-kun
Ah, so he really meant "Don't worry about me and my ranks and just play the game for yourself" to the dude who asked him the question.
Sporadik

Khelly wrote:

Ah, so he really meant "Don't worry about me and my ranks and just play the game for yourself" to the dude who asked him the question.
Well then, lmao :) :)
Sayorie

Tedda wrote:

I usually like to challenge myself by doing maps that are out of my comfort zone, so right now I'm trying to pass this 6.4 map and it's surprisingly not that hard, but there are just these certain parts where it has jumps that I keep failing at. The jumps are 1/2 and the map is 180bpm. It's just really difficult to keep track of every note and making sure not to miss them.

I know the answer would be "practice, practice, practice," but do you guys have certain tips that help me improve rather than just keep going into edit mode and retrying that one section?

Oh and of course, this won't just apply to this one certain map I'm talking about. There are many other maps I'm unable to pass because of fast jumps.
You can't do it yet. It might take a whole lot of effort to be able to properly and consistently read and react to BPM180+ 6* maps, or else you're just reacting to circles and not properly reading. There aren't that much fast jumps on your comfort zone yet, so you shouldn't have much problems at this point.

If you're doing this just for fun, then play DT.
vsprite
play more
I Give Up

Khelly wrote:

KanoSet

KukiMonster wrote:

Khelly wrote:

oh my
Saphirshroom

KukiMonster wrote:

Khelly wrote:

LOL, nice.
show more