forum

Osu interactive global map

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Hyaagen
Maybe all of us have seen ordinary Osu In-game global map, which pretty much does nothing.
I would have been cool, if it could show is the players at map, with clickable dots, which would lead us to the profile. I want to a see an zooming function been implemented in that Map, and players shown in their town (at random point of town, to pevent stalking). By zooming dots will be replaced with the icon of mode player plays the most. :oops:
What it will do for us? First of all, we can find people that interests us, or with who we can speak the same language, it will be more interactive than now. What do you think?
:D :shock:
FrzR
Interesting, but can be a weird way to stalk people nonetheless it is set to a "random town".
abraker
This would be... unsettling. I think country of origin is good enough. Knowing what city the player is from would be knocking on the doors of invasion of privacy since some players may live in towns with a population of under a 100 or even 50. I don't think many players would want to give out their general region as well. If the player is traveling, you would be able to figure out where around the country or countries the player is traveling to and from at any time.

So... no.
Topic Starter
Hyaagen

abraker wrote:

This would be... unsettling. I think country of origin is good enough. Knowing what city the player is from would be knocking on the doors of invasion of privacy since some players may live in towns with a population of under a 100 or even 50. I don't think many players would want to give out their general region as well. If the player is traveling, you would be able to figure out where around the country or countries the player is traveling to and from at any time.

So... no.
Erm, did you knew there are regions at all country's? Random point in region could solve your struggle?
Sea_Food
There are similar things in a lot of websites. I never liked them because they lag like hell. 20 000 coordinate specific dots on a map. RIP PC.

Anyway obviously it should be entirely optional. I dont think ID adress gives away your exact cordinates, so i think players should be able to pin point their own location on the map, as accurately as they want to.
And i think it would be better if it was not an ingame client feature, but instead a website feature.
Bara-
Oh no. And not only because of towns, it also lags a lot