forum

Allow another DIM toggle for SB.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
deyv
I've pretty much been playing with 100% dim ever since I started osu! two years ago and I've noticed I've missed a lot on storyboarding. I tried out a couple of maps with storyboard and really enjoyed it but it was much harder because of the bright background photo/video. Going to 100% dim will dim both the video and storyboard and my request is to change this. Instead of having both being dimmed, we could have a toggle for video only, SB only, and all.
abraker
Yes please. I miss on cool stroyboards too
Bara-
I'd just toggle off video and dim the total, or am I missing something?
Sea_Food

Baraatje123 wrote:

I'd just toggle off video and dim the total, or am I missing something?
He wants to see storyboard (and possibly video) but not BG.
Bara-
Why?
Quite some maps use the BG to create effects
And if they don't use it, they turn of the BG by setting the fade value to 0, as you can see in this map of mine
Monstrata
I don't think this is necessary since so many SB's are connected to their background in some way, or they will use a separate background for different sections of the song, in which case dimming the SB would be the same as dimming in general. I can see this working for SB's with a spectogram since many of them aren't related to the background but with the music itself... But I think most, if not all maps that feature a spectogram also have other fancy stuff going on lol.
Endaris
I agree, the background is often related to the composition of the storyboard, therefore it barely makes any sense to exclude it. Some storyboards might even look like bullshit on a black background when they were made with a brighter background in mind.
Personally speaking, a background-dim of around 60% already turns the brightness of the background down by a significant amount while still keeping good visibility. So just try anything between 50-70% dim. I always play with that setting unless I'm playing flashlight for that reason.
TitaN7_old

Monstrata wrote:

I don't think this is necessary since so many SB's are connected to their background in some way, or they will use a separate background for different sections of the song, in which case dimming the SB would be the same as dimming in general. I can see this working for SB's with a spectogram since many of them aren't related to the background but with the music itself... But I think most, if not all maps that feature a spectogram also have other fancy stuff going on lol.
hm ... The background is connected to the storyboard, but in most cases the background is annoying and makes you have less vision of objects...because most of them have lots of color and clarity. Would not be bad that could at least darken the background a bit without making the storyboard becomes less visible.
Endaris
Storyboards distract from gameplay too - and actually even more cause there's usually movement involved while BGs are static.
It's all or nothing in relation to the background.
Sea_Food

Endaris wrote:

Storyboards distract from gameplay too - and actually even more cause there's usually movement involved while BGs are static.
It's all or nothing in relation to the background.
I dont know man. In some beatmaps storybords do things like warn about upcomming SV change.

But I guess thats more of a thing in oldermaps. Le 2016 mapping and people change SV litetally every second.
Endaris
The old warnings never really prepared me for the big SV-Changes, especially since they all went SVx2 on the old maps for some reason and not something less crazy like x1.5. I still sliderbroke most of them.
Aside from that they're still very visible on 60% Dim.