forum

[Announcement] Taiko Nominator Association (disbanded)

posted
Total Posts
show more
OnosakiHito

EdamaMe411 wrote:

Not that either. Only I just proposed that it is better to provide a new group that allows you to submit a map to the TNA.
Conditions for admission to the group that it is a modder that earns kudos 100 or more/modder that have a ranked map.But this conditionsis just an example. :o
Oh, previously I had something like that in mind. But with the current amount of BNs we can't do that. It would be an additional task for the BNs - checking everytime maps which are suggested. Beside that, I think it would rather interrupt the TNA process. Most people believe their maps are flawless, but then, in most cases, it happens that they are not. It would be less different to what we do now. But be sure that I won't abandon the idea entirely.
Weber
Does this queue allow for maps to become qualified if they are deemed quality enough, even if they don't have enough mods/under 12 SP?
lolcubes
If the map doesn't have 12 SP it cannot even be bubbled.
Bara-
The line with the commands (which everyone can see/use in the skinning forum) gets blocked by this
Raiden

Tatsumaki wrote:

Does this queue allow for maps to become qualified if they are deemed quality enough, even if they don't have enough mods/under 12 SP?
well if it is deemed as high quality, the mapper will probably be told to gather enough SP before getting TNA mods
Maya Tendo
I get the notice now which said Ono post something about 2 hours ago...
But there is no post, what is happen to him?
OnosakiHito
Deleted it. It was a mistake.
Maya Tendo

OnosakiHito wrote:

Deleted it. It was a mistake.
I forgot that you can remove your post...
Thank you! (Its sorry for you I got a deeeep sleep from 4 hours ago)
OnosakiHito
omg
Nofool
Yo note that i don't have any problem with any of the BNs, just gonna write facts.

Sooo the queue is getting used to open only once per two weeks, offering 2 or 3 slots each time, which basically means a max of 6 slots per month. Pretty much all BNs are part of it, which means you can't rank a taiko map without using this queue (don't tell me BNs from other game modes can also rank taiko maps, they can but they have no experience in taiko so this is rather dangerous or pointless).
If you keep this up we can expect 6 ranked taiko maps per month, not even counting rejected maps (you used to randomly post after rejecting a map so we could post new maps, but this rarely happen now it seems).

Maybe everyone in the queue is busy af atm ? You can't waste 8 peoples for such result, so i would like to see some explanations about why this is happening and when can we expect changes/improvement. Also i hope so you are not counting on new upcoming BNs to save this.

If i did not care about ranking maps or if i was never missing the queue i would probably not write this buuuut... missed the queue for the 4th time in a row now and i will probably keep missing it for some reasons, so should peoples like me just stop trying to have their maps ranked because of this queue ?_? You added an unfairly factor in the ranking system here, for that only reason this queue should've never existed anyways lol.

(o shit 666th post)
Nwolf
BNs still do stuff outside of the queue, ranking maps that are in a good enough state to be ranked without any more big BN mods
Raiden
That was one of my "complaints" with this, there should be an equal number of BNs outside and inside TNA, to make things more fair.

Hopefully that's getting fixed on the new wave (which you told us not to talk about ;w;)
Nofool

Nwolf wrote:

BNs still do stuff outside of the queue, ranking maps that are in a good enough state to be ranked without any more big BN mods
But if TNA was working well it should not happen since, as stated by the rules :
"participating BNs are not allowed to take requests outside of this shared queue"

@Raiden by writing "i hope so you are not counting on new upcoming BNs to save this" i meant even if they stay outside of it, TNA is still slowing the system down. As you said it will be "more fair", but we still have 8 peoples stuck in a system where they are not supposed to check maps as they want to. What if i want a check from a specific BN who is in the queue ?
Raiden
The thing is, they agreed to accept that rule, and they are free to leave whenever they want. It's rather the specific BN's problem whether they want to mod (be it in or outside TNA) or just leave TNA, they can do that at any given moment.

As for me, I'll be back in a week, hang on...

(I know no one asked me ;w;)
OnosakiHito
Glad you are asking and pointing this out. I have no problem to explain current situation. Though, you might be a little tired because I will probably repeat myself when talking about the past.

Currently we are having 6 Taiko BNs in our community which two of them are absent for a longer time until they finished their exam / semester. So in total we are left with 4 in the whole community. Additional to this, the TNA only contains 3 of these BNs, while one of them is just helping a bit out(tasuke). Having in mind that the queue regulates the number of accepted maps and new rounds by its number of active members, it should be obvious that we can't compensate a high amount of requests as we used to in previous months.

It's rather remarkable that the members were able to last until the last month without new BN additions. Normaly we expected it to happen sooner, so we have a balanced ration between BNs who work together and those who work by their own. In this way we can also exchange the BNs if they want, so they can switch from working alone to a group from time to time. That moment will be hopefully reached with the new BN addition. Currently with only 3(4) BNs left, it should be obvious that it is impossible to keep it up with or without a team like the TNA.

And now here comes the part you might be tired of: As I said a few times already, this regulation is still better compared to the old way we went - getting requests by mapper and never reply again + BNs being more than stressed.

Edit: Oh, now I see where you got the number of 8 members. But 3 of them are not BNs at all. And maybe we should announce when certain BNs are absent. So everyone is updated at least.
KamizonoShinobu
about queuing :
Am I allowed to queue with another taiko beatmap when I have one of my map in special list? (This did not specify in the rules...)
something like : I posted a map but declined from n'th round , then am I allowed to queue at n+1 th round with another map(where my previous map exists in special list.

ty for concerning
OnosakiHito
It's not mentioned. That means you are allowed to.
Nofool

OnosakiHito wrote:

It's rather remarkable that the members were able to last until the last month without new BN additions. Normaly we expected it to happen sooner, so we have a balanced ration between BNs who work together and those who work by their own. In this way we can also exchange the BNs if they want, so they can switch from working alone to a group from time to time. That moment will be hopefully reached with the new BN addition. Currently with only 3(4) BNs left, it should be obvious that it is impossible to keep it up with or without a team like the TNA.
aight as expected that "balanced ration" has not been reached at all, soo what now ? Are you gonna add the new BN to the queue, which you said you wouldn't do n_n ?

I don't know if you don't get it or if you'r doing the blind guy but well..
From your point of view "it is impossible to keept it up with or without the TNA". Which means both systems are equally bad, aight then but you always forget or dodge the fact that your TNA system is unfair while the old system isn't. Please don't ask me again "what is unfair ?" it's obvious af and anyone know it zzzzz. The best solution is still and has always been to disband TNA.

Well now from BNs' point of view TNA offers actually less work less stress etc, which is why they won't complaint and i understand that. The main bad thing is that they agreed to work in a unfair system :/. Well whatever i hope you guys stay fine, not like OnosakiHito may change anything lol. If i were to suggest one change though, it would be to make it like the CTB queue (a friend told me about it), where they open the queue for a certain amount of time and anyone can post instead of having x slots.
OnosakiHito
As it appears to be too strict, we can think about possible ways of doing this. There would be three options (if not more) worth trying out:

1. We losen up the "you must only mod in TNA" to a lighter version were TNA maps are priority.
  2. In a weekly or another periodical fashion (bi-weekly, monthly, etc.), we will have TNA modding phases and normal modding phases, e.g. At Week 1 the BNs will mod on their own accord. At Week 2 BNs will mod for the TNA.
  3. We will add external modders into the TNA, who can suggest beatmaps to the BNs of the TNA.
This would result in the following:

1. 1st option would mainly result in tons of overlaps, such as TNA requests and external requests cluttering together, resulting in a lacking organization and people being overwhelmed again - something that the TNA wants to avoid to begin with and is the point of its entire existence.
  2. 2nd option would be more regulated, yet a bit more restrictive. In a specific time span, BNs have to finish requests coming from the TNA, before picking up external requests. However, they can use the second week on their very own accord, up to them if they accept external requests at all. This may keep the actual regulation we want to achieve.
  3. 3rd option would be, in my personal opinion, the best, because the "votings" coming from external modders would it make easier for BNs and take away a bit of the workload. The external modders try to assure that maps moved into the TNA have a good quality in the first place. Possible downside of this would be that certain people try to abuse this for their own benefit and start with unwanted things such as friend-favoring, which would still lead to the purpose of ranking maps, but be unfair for people not as involved in the present social structures.
Actually above said explanation is the very light version, but how about it? If you ask for my personal opinion, we can try the third option since it was planed to try it once anyway. Chromoxx suggested this months ago.

1. For this purpose we can make beside the TNA, a TMA which works beside the TNA and suggests well made maps to it. Both teams would have their own board but the same discord channel to be able to stay in contact.
Aldwych
I'm more for the third options.

That would make more communication between active modders and TNA + it can give more experience to them and they may be more suitable for BN in the future.

Let's move forward this.
snz

Aldwych wrote:

I'm more for the third options.

That would make more communication between active modders and TNA + it can give more experience to them and they may be more suitable for BN in the future.

Let's move forward this.
Lol well gl
OnosakiHito
Note: Leadership has been transfered to Nardoxyribonucleic, hence he is organizing the team at the moment.
Aldwych
Still no news for these options we told on posts above?
OnosakiHito
If I'm not wrong, BNs are doing atm the first option. They accept on an occasional basis requests and mod together in the TNA.
snz
TNA is dead?
Aldwych
I dunno.
But no news since 12 days is a bit sad. :/
Nardoxyribonucleic

Ppus wrote:

TNA is dead?

Aldwych wrote:

I dunno.
But no news since 12 days is a bit sad. :/
Awaiting members' responses concerning the remaining requests at the moment.

Here comes an important announcement that two of our members, qoot8123 and _Gezo_ have decided to leave TNA due to personal reasons.
Aldwych
That shouldn't be that hard to handle this at 4? Oo
OnosakiHito
As of the 27.02.2016, we want to announce that the Taiko Nominator Association will be disbanded for the reason of not being able to maintain its system in an appropriate way anymore, due to the lack of members. The activity and sufficiency of this team dropped drastically and has fallen into a state we deem as not beneficial anymore and which lead us to this decision.

We would like to clarify that the system itself is not declared as failure as it showed some promising results in earlier months. Merely the Team has been disbanded since the fundament, the members, is not given anymore for personal reasons. Furthermore, we would like to present to you some statistical numbers from the progression of this team, may it help for future projects in this matter:

1. Amount of ranked maps per month (in general)
  2. TNA request sheet
  3. Ranked Maps by TNA: 31 (Not counted: members modding external, cooperation with outstanding BNs)
    Round 0~3: 12
    Round 4~7: 7

Round 8~11: 8
    Round 12~15: 4

Round 16~19: 0*
  4. Conclusion (letter)
* It's not clear what is going to happen to the already voted maps. Requests might be done, but it can't be promised at this point. We will contact effected mappers about this matter.

I want to thank everyone who participated, tried and showed patience to this system during its testphase and believe that we gained some new insight and knowledge when its about groupings. With that said, the system is officially shutdown and we wish everyone good luck during the ranking process.
PatZar
so, where can i ask a BN to bubble my map?
roufou
sneak up on them while they're sleeping in bed and when they wake up next morning and see you ask "will you mod my map?"
OnosakiHito
@PatZar: It will be as always again: You check the userpage of a BN to know about their modding state and maybe contact them when they have time. Maybe offer a M4M as well.
PatZar

OnosakiHito wrote:

@PatZar: It will be as always again: You check the userpage of a BN to know about their modding state and maybe contact them when they have time. Maybe offer a M4M as well.
and so for now, there is no via TNA's bub/rank anymore?, that's should be good lol, thanks for answer ono ^^
-Sh1n1-

OnosakiHito wrote:

sad to say but "FINALLY", for me! xd maybe it's time to back to Taiko
Surono
yeah back, and me try back helps more map takio