forum

[duplicate] Always visible star difficulty rating in editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Its very frustrating that when you are mapping some easier difficulties that you constantly have to click test, or press esc to song select to see the star difficulty, because its very hard to tell how many 1/2 notes or something like that you can have in a row without the difficulty jumping up. It just makes people want to use the copy paste feature, because they dont want go away from the editing mode to check the difficulty every time they try a new pattern. I know it takes only one or two seconds to check it, but many times i find my self checking it like every 5 seconds, especially when i try to fix a pattern that is too hard. And if you do the mistake that you map a difficulty from start to finish without checking and then find out that its too hard to fit the current ranking criteria, oh boy you are in shit now. Have fun going trough the map looking for the one spot or multiple spots, not like you know, of too hard pattern. Make a change, check, no difference, repeat and repeat and repeat.

There is a ton of empty in the editor mode so the number could be placed easily there. Bonus points if there is some kind of arrow/color indicator that activates if your, lets say, last 5 changes to the map have increased or decreased the difficulty rating.
Bara-
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

Baraatje123 wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/412054
I dont know man. Seems like that is an older thread.
Endaris
Bad Meme.
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

Endaris wrote:

Bad Meme.
Come on man. Im just hoping nekolumi will understand something from this.
Endaris
Yeah, indeed stupid to be so stubborn to throw stars at his own thread instead of supporting yours.
Stars are wasted now.
Bara-
The worst thing is that you straight out copied the contents of the other thread you made
PatZar
you can do it, just press F5 and enter, and then you can see the star difficulty
Endaris
That's not very handy though and not really superior to leaving the editor for a check.
Bara-
That automatically saves, and you can't revert changed
Stefan
Stop that.