forum

Problems with tapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Leave
A while back, I had problems playing osu!. At first, I thought my aim was so bad with the mouse so I ended up getting a tablet. I used the tablet for about a month now and it works great. Then I found another problem, my fingers. It seems like I can beat 4-6 stars beatmaps with relax on but when I don't have relax on, I usually beat 4-4.5 stars beatmaps. Everything is wrong with my tapping skills. My timing makes it impossible to FC a song, even a 1 star song. So far, my practice is to put on relax and play as if I don't have relax on, which is tapping as if you are doing the tapping. Please help, I don't want to be a person that plays relax all the time ;-;
Endaris
stop playing relax
You can't get accurate at tapping when you receive 0 feedback about your accuracy.
Aside from that:
Calling a B with 87% on some 4.11* map "beating" the map is very far-fetched.
Nabel_old_1

Endaris wrote:

stop playing relax
You can't get accurate at tapping when you receive 0 feedback about your accuracy.
and play easier maps, you shouldnt have 75 acc no fail plays in ur top plays
Btw it's normal that you can pass way harder maps with relax on... I mean I could pass freedom dive or everything will freeze with relax but obv I can't think of passing them without.
ZenithPhantasm
Relax is a shit mod that's not fun to play unless you have HRDT on along with it. Stop playing relax and pls enjoy game
I Give Up
Relax mod is less than half the game it does not teach you how to aim and tap at same time. If you try to tap notes while playing Relax mod your score will get worse if you has bad hand coordination.
Sayorie
This is just a speculation, but you should try to check on your aim too.

The fact that you have been playing relax–and having a bad accuracy on nomod means that even though you might be good at tapping at times, your aim/cursor could be leaving the circle too early before you could actually click it, because you got used to relax mod clicking it for you at the perfect time.

Also, to address your problem, try to play high-OD maps relative to your level. Just high-OD nomod maps, for accuracy's sake.

Edit: aim and tapping coordination, to be exact. Your aim is related to how your cursor moves, which has to go in sync with tapping.
shortpotato
?? U said u dont want to be a person who plays with relax all the time so u shud stop playing relax

also play more1!1!!1 first 1!1!!!!
-Ene-_old_1
Pretend you have relax on when you don't have it on
Overcome the mental barrier
believe
vsprite
play more

without relax
timemon
isn't the whole point of aim to land on the circles and then click? Relax is just waving your cursor around it doesn't help you anything.
FrzR
How are you a "Rhythm Otaku" when you can't commit to practicing more?
otoed1
Go back to maps you can play without relax and get around 97% acc on. Then go a bit harder and play those until you can consistently get 97% acc. Rinse and repeat till you are a Osu! Rhythm Master!
Topic Starter
Leave
I gave up on relax and played about a hour more than originally, thanks! I am having lots of fun without relax now :3333
ZenithPhantasm
Wow that reply is 19 days late. relax is fun but shouldn't play only relax
Jellyfish McGub

Rhythm Otaku wrote:

I gave up on relax and played about a hour more than originally, thanks! I am having lots of fun without relax now :3333
keep practicing. i believe you can do it!