forum

Mono/stereo sound options in-game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12
Topic Starter
Akane Kurashiki
I can just play osu! better with mono sound and I'm wondering why there is no option for it in-game
abraker
Not needed, imo. You may try this, but it doesn't work for all playback devices:
Right click on the volume icon on taskbar > Playback Devices > select the device > Configure > Choose Mono > click next > click finish
Topic Starter
Akane Kurashiki
I can't do that on my steinberg UR22 :p................
Bara-
I want this
I hate it when music is panned at a certain direction
OperaMini0

abraker wrote:

Not needed, imo. You may try this, but it doesn't work for all playback devices:
Right click on the volume icon on taskbar > Playback Devices > select the device > Configure > Choose Mono > click next > click finish
that's only for windows xp iirc

Baraatje123 wrote:

I want this
the only map that makes me want to use mono audio is this one: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/33052
Sea_Food
Just dont play Piranha. Its a shit map anyway
Topic Starter
Akane Kurashiki
I don't know that map but the distraction is there in every map u just feel it less and maybe u guys just never have seen the difference with mono audio

aaaand... this is a competitive game.

even if there is a weird windows hack thing for this I don't think anyone is willing to do it every single time he opens osu and then revert it back when he closes osu and wants to listen to some music or watch a movie or something else

Baraatje123 wrote:

I want this
me too but I don't always hate it with music
with games it's just really distracting except in FPS games where you actually need it and it gives a GOOD indication of where people are if you have good hardware. In games like CSGO the sound is actually designed to hear what's @ your left and @ your right
In this game when everything is randomly panned to the left and right(it's just what the creators of the song did nothing designed by mappers.) it just confuses me
If I'm correct the hitsounds aren't even panned to certain directions so effectively in "mono" sound. Why?
And why not with the song itself?
Sea_Food
Okay so how about a better suggestion? Convert hitsounds into stereo, so that hitnotes in the left are more loud in the left side and vice versa.
Danshi_old_1
I agree with this.
It should be implemented
I have no stars but +1
Topic Starter
Akane Kurashiki

Sea_Food wrote:

Okay so how about a better suggestion? Convert hitsounds into stereo, so that hitnotes in the left are more loud in the left side and vice versa.
it would only make things more chaotic and confusing with stereo music.
Danshi_old_1