forum

Second Circle - osu! Tournament [1vs1] 0-2000pp

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Emorix_DELETED
Livestream

SecondCircles live stream

Hello everyone! The main goal of the tournament is to give newer players the chance to compete amongst themselves and to have fun in a tournament environment. The tournament will be for players below 2000pp and will have 32 open slots for players to enter (this player cap will be raised to 64 if we get enough registrations.) At the moment, it is only open to players in Europe.
Scoring changed from score v2 to normal osu! scoring
For more information, check below.

Registrations are now closed. Reserve registrations can still be made, however.

Tournament Format
Group stage's

At the beginning of the tournament, there will be a group stage. Groups will be assigned after registration phase has closed. There will be four players in a group with the two highest scoring players moving out of group stages. Each player will play at least once against each other player in their respective group. 1 point is given for a win and 0 for a loss. After the group stages, the round of 16 will begin.

How matches are played out

At the beginning of a match, the referee will invite the players to join the room. Players will roll using the !roll command to see who bans and picks first. The player who rolls the highest will ban 1 map first and then the other player will do the same. After this, the player who scored the highest roll chooses a map to be played first. Players alternately select maps to be played 1 at a time. The player that scores the most points on the map wins the round and gets a point. In group stages, the player that wins 3 rounds first wins the match and gains 1 point overall. The same map cannot be played more than once per a match. Should a player lose connection during a map, it is possible to replay the round with the same map again. If a player loses connection again, it will count as a defeat for that individual round. If the player does not reconnect and return to the game within 15 minutes, the match will count as a defeat for the respective player.
Registration
In order to participate in our tournament, you will need to be below 2000pp(at time of registration only). Follow the link below and complete the form to enter.
http://goo.gl/forms/RMN6pTkc6F
Rules
A player must be below 2000pp upon registration.
If a player rises above 2000pp after registration, this is fine and the player will still be able to compete.
Each player is only allowed to ban one map per a match.
You're not allowed to pick a mod map more than twice in a row but you can pick multiple maps from the same mod category in 1 match. (For example you can pick a HR map, then nomod and then again a different HR map.)
Tiebreakers will be played with FreeMod so you are allowed to pick either Hidden or HardRock but it's not required.
Each player must !roll for bans and warmups.
Warm ups cannot be any of the map pool maps and must have a length of less than 5:00.
Everyone in the staff except map pool pickers can participate if they wish to.
Players can only enter from europe.
Schedule
Group stage week 1(Bo5): March 12 -> March 13
Group stage week 2(Bo5): March 19 -> March 20
Round of 32(Bo7):April 2 -> April 3
Round of 16(Bo7):April 9 -> April 10
Quarter Finals(Bo9): April 16th
Semi Finals(Bo11): April 23rd
Finals(Bo13): May 7th
Players will be assigned to groups and times to play after registrations have closed.
If a player cannot make it to a assigned time, please pm one of the staff members or myself about it so we can solve the problem and change the schedule but please do this as soon as possible!
Schedule for the Tournament:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Map Pool Ro32 and Ro16
Groups

Group A
►TheNayce
►Zain Sugieres
►Miruzara
►Sebbi_e

Group B
►CreepyCorner
►Entenbraten
►rafaelpt5
►DeerX

Group C
►Elsiexkatsuragi
►Kuniki-Sama
►Nostralgik
►-Magic Swifted-

Group D
►CoolGamerAF
►TheBabyMakerr
►DerpyDoom
►Kernaus

Group E
►-NekoTail
►jimdevl
►iSolosis
►Feuerbluemchen

Group F
►Sir beat
►HakuRyuu-
►Kosmit
►Shakov

Group G
►xThat1Gamerx
►xXBigBadWolfXx
►Fox_Nakamura
►MyMomRektMe

Group H
►Merlumia
►-Shisui
►TheSleepy
►Clickable

Group I
►SonnenSoldat
►Fukita
►MrFufelis
►Chunelle

Group J
►RobotCraft
►-Jukke-
►TetrisFTW
►Rebecca

Group K
►just_A3X
►paolostyle
►PiiiPiii
►Icecooookie

Group L
►Ascended
►Darkii
►Xayler
►Astheus

Group M
►Supev
►Beerchen3
►LMT1996
►Icey

Group N
►sukii-
►TheFader50
►[Verethragna]
►Skejcik13

Group O
►Jroro99
►[ Fragus ]
►CptnKirito
►rene15031

Group P
►Migi
►DreamNeko
►Senedaj
►FazzTR
Staff
Hosts: Imamoto, _Easy_
Organizers: Noshii, xX-Salkin-Xx
Co-Organizers: Felhantin
Video content producer:Hydrano
Referees: SakuraFrost225, Noshii, xX-Salkin-Xx, Felhantin,
Shiny Gardevoir, _Easy_, TheLiting
Commentators: [DarkKirito], Doomsday, Bubbleman
MarthXT, - Gadian -
Hythlodaeus
I just reached 1998 pp. So am I illegible for the competition since I'm probably going to get the 2pp before you look at my registration? Am I illegible If I'm over 2k pp before the end of registration PHASE or is it at the time I registered?
Upondeath
Woops I totally did not read the part that says players from Europe
Topic Starter
Emorix_DELETED

Ascended wrote:

I just reached 1998 pp. So am I illegible for the competition since I'm probably going to get the 2pp before you look at my registration? Am I illegible If I'm over 2k pp before the end of registration PHASE or is it at the time I registered?
Yes, you are still eligible to compete.

For clarification, it is at the time you registered the amount of pp you had that is counted. It is perfectly fine to gain pp afterwards and you will still be able to compete. Hope this helps.

Upondeath wrote:

Woops I totally did not read the part that says players from Europe
At the moment, it is only players in Europe that are allowed to compete. We will check everyone who has registered and notify the people that do not come from Europe or do not meet the other rules.
Suhun
Where are all the 2.5k pp tourneys at T.T
Kwaachi
is 20 over 2k pp ok or no?
salkin

Kwaachi wrote:

is 20 over 2k pp ok or no?

No, sorry D:
Xelias
FeelsBadMan
Minhtam
I for one would like dibs on selecting the map pool for this tournament.
Noshii
Commentator will be Doomsday. Sakura must edit this D':
Nuggel
HYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Cedo
Looks really nice, hope there won't be any bancho issues like during the last Second Circle ;D and Doomsday as commentator really nice *^*
Hythlodaeus
Holy shit, we got Doomsday to commentate?
Amane
im austrian not polish ;-;
Topic Starter
Emorix_DELETED

-Nasuhara- wrote:

im austrian not polish ;-;
lool woops, fixed now :3
DerpyDoom
looks noice :3
salkin

Cedohran wrote:

Looks really nice, hope there won't be any bancho issues like during the last Second Circle ;D and Doomsday as commentator really nice *^*
Yes, we hope so too! Those laggs and issues were really annoying. Also we are really happy to have Doomsdays as commentator :D That will be funny!
LouDao
Would you advance to February?
Audorvern
wow didnt see the europe thing

damn :/
Super Choke
Looks interesting. I want to participate
MasterfulNote5
didnt see that european part and im already listed so...
am i eligible?
Kernaus
Looks like fun, i hope i'll be able to get my ass out of the group stages if i'm in :D
Marchix2
i have not 2000pp, i dont like farm pp but i can shot my skill maybe? i want to join :c
Felhantin

MasterfulNote5 wrote:

didnt see that european part and im already listed so...
am i eligible?
Sadly the tournament is for european participants only as of right now. This has been a mistake on our part.

Marchix2 wrote:

i have not 2000pp, i dont like farm pp but i can shot my skill maybe? i want to join :c
You definitely fulfill the criteria to join this tournament. If you want to join, then by all means you should!
Kernaus
Nvm gonna have to cancel my registration, fallback build doesn't support scorev2 as far as i know, and other builds don't work on my computer for some unknown reason.

If someone thinks he can provide me with a solution, feel free to tell me tho.
PiiiPiii_old

Kernaus wrote:

Nvm gonna have to cancel my registration, fallback build doesn't support scorev2 as far as i know, and other builds don't work on my computer for some unknown reason.

If someone thinks he can provide me with a solution, feel free to tell me tho.
I'm using Fallback stable and it has Score v2, you may want to give it a try :D

Still.... It seems that the Deustchers are dominating this tournament, I feel scared ;_;

Edit : not fallback, *latest :(
Kernaus

PiiiPiii wrote:

I'm using Fallback stable and it has Score v2, you may want to give it a try :D

Does it? i can't find scorev2 anywhere on stable fallback when creating a multiplayer room tho
PiiiPiii_old

Kernaus wrote:

Does it? i can't find scorev2 anywhere on stable fallback when creating a multiplayer room tho
Yes it's there, make a quick update and see for yourself :)
Kernaus

PiiiPiii wrote:

Kernaus wrote:

Yes it's there, make a quick update and see for yourself :)

Well i don't know what more i can do, still can't get scorev2 from that build
show more