forum

o3Beat | New rhythm game (BETA 1.4)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Insanix_old_1
I have the peppy permission for publish my game.

24/02/2016

20/02/2016

New design!

22/01/2016

Editor update!

Here a small preview

BETA 1.4 (23/02/2016)

Video: Not for the moment

Changelog:

1. Ranking system depending on the combo (SS, S, A, B, C...)
  2. Ranking online button deleted (temporarily, i need improve the security of online)
  3. New hud for see the combo and life
  4. New character hitbox and blue balls hitbox, this new hitbox is better in my opinion.
  5. Now o3beat save your max combo in the map, and you can see in the result of map
  6. The blue balls are deleted if they are not visible to the player, thus a lower consumption of resources is achieved.
  7. Normal difficulty is finished in the hallelujah song
  8. New interface
  9. Now the players can import maps created for me or other users (the map editor not is finished for public, i need work more with the editor)
  10. Now hyperdash indicates which direction you can move
  11. Fixed some bugs

It is possible i publish version 1.5 for all, but is not sure.

Beta 1.3 (old version)
Beta 1.3 finished!

New video! (beta 1.3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jINZjXON284

Changelog:

1. Online Ranking
  2. Select song menu
  3. Select difficulty menu
  4. Character changed
  5. Added jumps (hyperdash in CTB)
  6. Added back button
  7. New wallpaper
  8. Fixed some bugs

Glossary

1. Combo: Green balls
  2. Don't touch: Blue balls
  3. Hyperdash/Jumps: Pink balls
  4. Move: Arrows
  5. Normal dash/sprint: X
  6. Doble dash/sprint: Z
  7. Life: You HP, if you life is 0, you die.
o3Beat progress (last update: 23/02/2016)

1. Hallelujah map (easy 100%, normal 100%, hard 20%, insane 0%, EXT 0%)
  2. Online Ranking 70%
  3. Local Ranking 0%
  4. Map editor 40%
  5. Classic mode 85% (main mode of o3Beat)
  6. Key mode 0%
  7. Catch mode 0%
  8. Shop 0%
  9. Coins 0%
  10. Life system 95%
  11. Combo system 90%
  12. Import maps 100%

About o3Beat

Hi, I'm currently creating a "new" rhythm game (very similar to ctb of osu) this game is currently in beta. I have much work to do with o3beat (skins, customizable character (anime girls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)), maps, list of maps/songs, select difficulty of map, add jumps (like a hyperdash in ctb) etc...)
F.A.Q

o3beat will be an online game?

-Is possible, but at this moment is offline game with online ranking

I don't see the rhythm

-For now, is not easy add rhythm to the maps, but I'm working on it

I can create my own maps with my own music?

-At the moment not have an editor, but I'm working on one for any user to create their own maps

What program do you use for it?

-Game Maker, I consider that GM have potential for Rhythm Games, and i program 100% with the Game Maker Language, in other words, 100% code.

This game will be free?

-Yes, this work is only because i love rhythm games, i don't want money.

I can download o3beat?

-Not, i need work more with o3beat.

I can see a gameplay?

-Yes: (beta 1.2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7bN9dbAvFo

And sorry, my English is so bad, i cant speak good in English...
hnmk13
It seems boring so far but I think that's because it's not timed with the rhythm.You should try adding some power ups or something like that such as more speed.I don't mean to sound discouraging or anything like that.Keep up the hard work! ;)
Topic Starter
Insanix_old_1

hnmk13 wrote:

It seems boring so far but I think that's because it's not timed with the rhythm.You should try adding some power ups or something like that such as more speed.I don't mean to sound discouraging or anything like that.Keep up the hard work! ;)
Thanks for the comment!

I know that may seem a little boring now, but every day I try to improve o3beat everything I can, and I would like to add many things, including life objects, increase speed, destroy blue balls and many other power-ups!

I also want to put a system of economy and shop, where you can buy other characters and skins for the game (the coins are earned by playing)

I would also add other game modes, but that is another issue.
Topic Starter
Insanix_old_1
Editor update!

Here a small preview

nakanotsu nimi
for the rhythm can't you just use hit sounds? the second vid looks promising, also maybe use a grid system in the editor to match the tempo?
keep it with the good work :D!
Topic Starter
Insanix_old_1

Pohm wrote:

for the rhythm can't you just use hit sounds? the second vid looks promising, also maybe use a grid system in the editor to match the tempo?
keep it with the good work :D!
I can add hit sounds when your combo up, I will try to put a grid in the editor, thanks for the suggestion ^^
rurigk
I leave Game Maker when language was limited
I used Game Maker 8.0 but never achieved play a vídeo as such and leave GM :v
Topic Starter
Insanix_old_1

rurigk wrote:

Wtf, not is hard play a video, gm have get_open_filename and splash code, and exists many scripts for this, just use code
abraker

rurigk wrote:

Wow that brings me back. First used it when it was GM5. Anyway, GM changed A LOT since GM 8. You should have a 2nd go at it if you still like its concept.
CelegaS
Create an editor for ctb like that plz

And try to add a timeline like in osu it will be more easy to don't put circles not in rythm (see mania for exemple)
AGRX
DCTB (Don't Catch The Beat) an inverted ctb mode :D.

EDIT: what about ATB ? Avoid The Beat
Topic Starter
Insanix_old_1
Sorry guys for not posting more updates, I was busy with studies, but i continue working on o3Beat, here i post the new page result ^^

And i improve o3Beat more in the last days, soon i publish all information about the new version of o3beat, just wait and thanks for comment!

Topic Starter
Insanix_old_1
Post updated with all information of 1.4 Beta!

AirOneBlack
Dunno how much game maker improved on audio side, but used GM8, GM8.1 and GMs, they both haved latency issues with audio, unless you use another library (fmod/bass). Good luck anyway ;)
Topic Starter
Insanix_old_1

AirOneBlack wrote:

Dunno how much game maker improved on audio side, but used GM8, GM8.1 and GMs, they both haved latency issues with audio, unless you use another library (fmod/bass). Good luck anyway ;)
Thanks for the comment! I know about this, and the songs in o3beat don't have any lagg.

↓ UPDATE: O3BEAT HAVE OFFICIAL WEBSITE ↓

http://o3beat.com/